Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ride 2

4 posts in this topic

Anyone trying out Ride 2?

Decided I'd pick Ride 2 over MotoGP 16 (VR the Game), mostly due to track selection and variety of bikes available.  I found a good deal online and picked up my copy for Steam today.  However Likely won't play it for another day or two as I'm quite busy this weekend (Canada Thanksgiving dinner/gathering, Formula E and Formula 1 to watch, limited time alpha/beta access for Steep & Planet Coaster)... but I think I'll be really happy with my purchase... first Motorcycle game since MotoGP 13 and MXGP (the first).

Will be back with feedback from my experience within the next week or so.

First impressions (about 75 mins of gameplay in career mode) have left me quite impressed.  Was very excited to see nVidia Surround (including bezel corrected) working extremely well (including all menu/HUD elements).  Using the first person view (minus 'helmet') on triple screens has never been so immersive.  It's actually the first time I've found first person view in a bike game to be very enjoyable and manageable.  At 5900x1080, My GTX 970 is able to hold an average over 60 fps (rare drops below) using maximum settings, except motion blur off and reflections at low (easiest way to gain 10-15 fps).  Visuals and overall presentation is quite nice.

With bike customization to the maximum, this will make any Tourist Trophy fan happy.  Great variety and quality of detail in circuits and bikes.  AI seems fair to ride against.  Good physics and controls, adjustable for all levels of bike racing game experience.

I might make a video to show off the nVidia Surround.  Looking forward to getting further in depth with the game and visiting more of the featured tracks.