Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Enduracers V1.0

8 posts in this topic

Agree this is THE alltime mod.

the psyks are Mmmmmmm, esp i love the 997 GT2.

one of the great things in this mod, are that you just dont sit down and drive it realy takes some time to get use to how the cars are handling.

before i raced a lot of ILMS loved it, but after this mod came out......hmm i just dont drive it that much anymore.

the one only thing i miss are a good racing league that is doing endurance.

ps. cant wait for the next package is comming out

I've had a bit of track time with the mod, and I have to say that it is very cool! It's also made me realize what lead feet I have, lol!

Can't wait for the additional cars coming in the "Service Pack".

I'm surprised that sports car mods in general have been so hard to come by. They were my favorite mods back in the ol' F1 modding days.

If anyone is interested, I found out this morning that EnduRacers just released additional templates for the vehicles, to provide additional details. Templates are now available for additional items such as wheels, and pit crew suits, among other things.

I been playing around with this mod all last week. Maybe its me but I just can not get around the track fast with any setup consistently. It handles diff then any other sim/mod I tried so far. I never driven a race car so I can not compare to what can be done in one compared to this mod. Here are the probms I encounter. The major one is brake lift tends to cause the car's rear to swing forward and its impossible to correct or recover as you enter/exit a corner. You can slam the brakes on at full speed on a straight and with the right setup the car stops straight. It just when you put pressure (you can actually slam them fuill on) on the brake as you are approaching a corner and slight lift as enter a turn to get tyres to grip and complete brake lift (even with no accelerator pressure) as you exit, thats when the car swings out of control. I resorted to applying some accelerator at the same time as the brake pressure so to navi some corners but its not 100%. No other sim/mod I tried so far does that. Also I can not control a power drift with this mod, the cars starts a slight oversteer and boom it swings you around, just not seem right. If I can drift and 4 way slide in RL RW drive cars then I shld be able to drift a sim car which I can do with other sims/mods but not with this one. In this mod I set the brakes 60F/40R ( and even higher front bias to try to create more understeer) and 50/50 (even higher front with front engine cars) weight distribution and soft tires and soft and med spring rates. Most of my testing was with a Porsche 997 GT2.

Is the brake lift turn around correct :?::?::?:. Is this to sim weight transfer :?:

Maybe I have to get load cell brake to get the best out of this mod. The G25 brakes just do not work for me in this mod due to no real feel as you apply brake pressure so it would be easy to over/under pressure due to the lack of pedal feed back. Maybe :?:

I did a complete re-install of rFactor and this mod. Its not as tail happy as it was before. Seems like a mod def to be use with a shifter since to get around fast in a GT2 car without the autoblip feature you have to do heal/toe to match the RPMs else the rear seems to lock up. So if you are using auto-clutch with paddles, then you have to apply both brake and gas at the same time and try to balance their effects. Still seems almost impossible to do a power slide tho.