Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HQ RACING Mod

15 posts in this topic

Logo_V1copy.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s287 ... 50/hq1.jpg

Our Second Mod at Adrenalin Factor is entering the final stages. Based on the HQ Holden Racing Series which is ran throughout Australia this promises to bring some seat of the pants racing.

HQ Holdens were manufactured from 1972 to 1974

As with all our Mods this will only be available to download from our Site

HQ Details

It may be easy to drive a fast car quickly, but driving a nearly standard HQ Kingswood, complete with 3.3 Litre 6 cylinder and 3 speed manual, now that’s a challenge! The concept of racing HQ Holdens was “invented” in Tasmania and introduced to mainland Australia by the Sporting Car Club of SA, who promoted the first mainland race at Mallala in 1989.

This category has redefined the term “close racing”, with racers diving 3 abreast into corners with amazing regularity. The best part for would-be racers is that, in relative terms at least, racing a HQ Holden is an inexpensive way to enter into competitive motor sport. After the initial purchase of the car, strict regulations ensure that maintenance and modification costs are kept to a minimum.

WIP PICS

HQ_Test_09.jpg

HQ_Test_10.jpg

HQ_Test_11.jpg

HQ_Test_06.jpg

HQ_Test_05.jpg

HQ_Test_04.jpg

HQ_Test_15.jpg

HQ_Test_16.jpg

HQ_Test_18.jpg

http://www4.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/d0 ... a9a46g.jpg

hqrear.jpg

HQ-1.jpg

The mod looks great from looking at the pictures, I know I very much enjoy the Bathurst legends cars (especially on Eastern Creek) but my question is this.....

Why will this only be available at YOUR site, why not also let Rfactor Central have it available for those of us who use that really handy one click install. Personally, I dislike having to figure out what folders to move the files to, the one click install makes adding mods so great and convenient. I hope you reconsider the distribution methods.

Good luck with your mod, looks pretty good.

Thank you.

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

The mod looks great from looking at the pictures, I know I very much enjoy the Bathurst legends cars (especially on Eastern Creek) but my question is this.....

Why will this only be available at YOUR site, why not also let Rfactor Central have it available for those of us who use that really handy one click install. Personally, I dislike having to figure out what folders to move the files to, the one click install makes adding mods so great and convenient. I hope you reconsider the distribution methods.

Good luck with your mod, looks pretty good.

Thank you.

Take care

Thanks Jack you make some very good points and I am putting it to the rest of our Team as I'm typing this and most seem to be in favour

Sounds good, thank you.

I'm looking forward to trying this mod out.

From the pictures, the orange car reminds me of two old (70's) North American cars........

The front reminds me of a Chevy Nova

The back reminds me of a Pontiac GTO (The Judge). LOL :)

Looks pretty good from the pictures, I hope it is well accepted by the rFactor users out there.

Take care

Sounds good, thank you.

I'm looking forward to trying this mod out.

From the pictures, the orange car reminds me of two old (70's) North American cars........

The front reminds me of a Chevy Nova

The back reminds me of a Pontiac GTO (The Judge). LOL :)

Looks pretty good from the pictures, I hope it is well accepted by the rFactor users out there.

Take care

Well funny you say about the similarities as Holden is a part of General Motors USA and I believe the chassis of the HQ's are actually from an American vehicle of the time.

We make the Mods for our own group at Adrenalin and if others like them too that's cool, if they dont all good also. Our V8 SuperCar Mod I still believe has the best handling of the 3 that are out and as with this that was made purely for our Group

I for one appreciate when you guys share stuff with the general public. So many teams/leagues make mods that are exclusive to their members only. It's a great thing you guys are doing..... Thank you.

Take care

I for one appreciate when you guys share stuff with the general public. So many teams/leagues make mods that are exclusive to their members only. It's a great thing you guys are doing..... Thank you.

Take care

Cheers Mate !

Spinner front on Pic

2front.jpg

The Adrenalin Mod Team would like to announce the release of HQ RACING

LINK www.adrenalinfactor.com DIRECT links coming soon

This Mod brings this fantastic Australian grassroots Series to rFactor, highlighting the close racing that they are renowned for. What the HQ's lack in speed is made up with driving 3 abreast into a corner with panel grinding action aplenty.

HQ SPECS

Chassis: Standard Chassis Rails and Floor Plan

Motor : Engine: 202 Red motor maximum .060" oversize.

Wade 933 controlled camshaft .

Standard crankshaft.

Conrods must be standard type.

Engine may be blue printed and balanced.

Sump may be baffled.

Cast pistons only, compression ratio is free.

Must be sealed.

Gears : Original 3-speed manual gearbox must be sealed.

Floor shift may be fitted. ( Mod has upgrade for 4 Speed, but not approved by CAMS )

MOD Includes Templates for Custom Skinning.

If your interested in joining the Adrenalin Mod Team feel free to contact one of the guys as we get ready to commence our next Mod.

We really hope you enjoy what we have all created and hope it enables you to Simulate the Series we love, after all the reason we all do this is so others can enjoy what we enjoy. If we succeed then I believe we have achieved our Goal.

On a personal note I would like to thank DV8R , 3D Robbo , ESP, Bergie, AXE , VL and our loyal bunch of Beta testers who make us what we are.

Glynn

XW383

AXE

Bergmeister

Papaosa

Mike80

Steveo

Hi YZ250.

I got this last night through rFactor Central's one click install and I very much liked it, didn't have too much time to mess with it but I ran it on Eastern Creek for about an hour (no aids and default setup), it was a lot of fun.

Being Canadian, this car is kind of a messing with my head type car, looks like the front end of a 70's Chevy Malibu and the rear end of a 70's Pontiac LeMans lol. I guess Holden liked the features of both those North American cars and made them into one car. :)

Thanks for the hard work Adrenaline has put into this, I like this mod. :)

Take care

Hi YZ250.

I got this last night through rFactor Central's one click install and I very much liked it, didn't have too much time to mess with it but I ran it on Eastern Creek for about an hour (no aids and default setup), it was a lot of fun.

Being Canadian, this car is kind of a messing with my head type car, looks like the front end of a 70's Chevy Malibu and the rear end of a 70's Pontiac LeMans lol. I guess Holden liked the features of both those North American cars and made them into one car. :)

Thanks for the hard work Adrenaline has put into this, I like this mod. :)

Take care

Thank you for your comments Jack, and your correct the vehicle did evolve from American Models as Holden is part of General Motors.

They also released a HQ GTS Monaro 2 Door Coupe which came out in 253, 308 and 350 V8's, which you will see represents more closely its American Cousins

coupe.jpg

coupe2.jpg

coupe4.jpg

coupe3.jpg