Elite brake (pu foam) replacement
3 3

7 posts in this topic

I disassembled my elite pedals for maintenance the other day, mainly because of the squeaky clutch and notchy brake. I discovered the foam insert on the brake needs replacing.(mushroomed out)

I already tried lubricating it and it helped a little for a quick fix but I need to replace it. Anybody know of a suitable replacement. Maybe even a rubber type of same length but a slightly smaller diam to give more when compressed.

I have emailed fanatec on a replacement but no reply as of yet.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tim

Greetings. I thought the tuning kits were for the clubsport pedals only?  I have purchased the replacement foam from Fanatec already and installed. Still not to happy about the feel. Still is notchy. I was kinda hoping Fanatec would supply or have  the eladur available for the CSR Elite pedals. I was also hoping someone found an alternative replacement with some sort of rubber silicone etc. At anyrate i only have to live with them for a short period of time more as i will be in the next batch of the ProtoSimtech pedals( #19). At that time these elite pedals will go up for sale.

On 11/15/2016 at 8:38 PM, Ozz said:

Greetings. I thought the tuning kits were for the clubsport pedals only?  I have purchased the replacement foam from Fanatec already and installed. Still not to happy about the feel. Still is notchy. I was kinda hoping Fanatec would supply or have  the eladur available for the CSR Elite pedals. I was also hoping someone found an alternative replacement with some sort of rubber silicone etc. At anyrate i only have to live with them for a short period of time more as i will be in the next batch of the ProtoSimtech pedals( #19). At that time these elite pedals will go up for sale.

Sorry for the late reply but I think you are right. It;'s been a while and I don't remember

A shameless plug, I'm selling a replacement kit (not a foam, but PU rods), to upgrade the feel of the V1,V2, CSR Elite brake pedal.

Fanatec Clubsport Pedal V1 V2 CSR Elite PU Foam Replacement Kit (6 PU rods)

I'm leaving open the Make Offer for the first 20 purchase, offer 19.99 USD (:-D or more), and I'll accept it. Message me if you got any questions!

Edited by dutyfree