Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What level are you

19 posts in this topic

Well I have actually been at this level for over a month, but I thought it would be nice to see where everyone was at.

PS3 #1

A-Spec 40

B-Spec 40

-----------------

PS3 #2

A-Spec 35

B-Spec 30

-----------------

PS3 #3

A-Spec 4

B-Spec 24

-----------------

I'm not totally addicted to GT5, the second PS3 I had a little help from one of my Sons. :mrgreen:

A-spec 33 B=spec 38

Unlike you, I am addicted to GT5. I'm only at 33 because alot of my time is spent in an online lobby competing in Time Trials hosted by our little team. Each week we select a track and car and see who can turn in the fastest lap at the end of the week.

We also help each other out, so its not really cut throat but still pretty competitive. Most of us are over 30 and have a great time.

We generally end the night on INDY racing GT500 cars or RM Vettes. If you, or anyone else is looking for a group to race with send me an invite, or a PM here and I will give you a link to our site.

We are also getting ready to start a monthly points series. We are always looking for racers who enjoy GT5. Unfortunately Open Lobby is not always the easiest place to find good races, but we have a great time every night in our lounges, we would just like to get more racers to join us.

Here's a couple videos of some "THR" action

We're on every night. Wednesday is the slowest night but still enough to have some good racing.

Our Time Trial event this week is at Autumn Mini, using the Karts. Top Dog so far is 39.941, with the rest of the top 5 in the 40.xxs

We welcome all skill levels whom have the right attitude.

Well I have actually been at this level for over a month, but I thought it would be nice to see where everyone was at.

PS3 #1

A-Spec 40

B-Spec 40

-----------------

PS3 #2

A-Spec 35

B-Spec 30

-----------------

PS3 #3

A-Spec 4

B-Spec 24

-----------------

I'm not totally addicted to GT5, the second PS3 I had a little help from one of my Sons. :mrgreen:

I got to A Spec 31 & B Spec 40.. How the heck did you finish all those enduros in A Spec ?

How the heck did you finish all those enduros in A Spec ?

The good old pause button and a little help from my Son. We took 2 hour shifts until bed time, put the game on pause then continued the next day. PD is working on a save button for the endurance races and speculation is it could be out in the next update.

A-spec 33 B=spec 38

Unlike you, I am addicted to GT5.

I am pretty much addicted as my stats show :)

We are also getting ready to start a monthly points series. We are always looking for racers who enjoy GT5. Unfortunately Open Lobby is not always the easiest place to find good races, but we have a great time every night in our lounges, we would just like to get more racers to join us.

I agree, GT5's strength is online play and unfortunately it's also one of it's weaknesses. If you find a good room it's a blast. Searching for a good room can be tedious at best. Luckily I too have a good core group of friends, we race 3 or 4 times a week. We are very competitive with each other but we adhere to clean racing. I will send you a PM and maybe we can get a few races in. :)

I have been totally addicted to GT5, currently a level 31 A-Spec and 23 B-spec. My rig is setup in a guest room in my house and I lost it for a month around the holidays and again in February to a house guest but play anytime I get the chance. I do have to push myself to race in B-Spec as it is not rewarding for me except to earn additional money and cars. As far as the endurance races I have completed the first but will wait until the save feature is implemented, leaving your system on all the time sucks. I did gold all the licenses tests over a month ago and that took some dedication and will continue to level up A-Spec to 40.

The longevity of the game for me is gonna be in the online play and would like to get into organized racing like the OP was talking about with daily/weekly competitions. Lobbies are very hit or miss for finding quality opponents both in the skill area as well as attitude.

Lobbies are very hit or miss for finding quality opponents both in the skill area as well as attitude.

You hit the nail on the head with that statement. My biggest gripe is playing with the "Ramrods" that have no clue to the rules of racing, being used as a braking device for someone going 180 mph so they don't have to slow down on the corners. :roll:

"MoparMike wrote:

Lobbies are very hit or miss for finding quality opponents both in the skill area as well as attitude."

by mac8 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:19 am "You hit the nail on the head with that statement. My biggest gripe is playing with the "Ramrods" that have no clue to the rules of racing, being used as a braking device for someone going 180 mph so they don't have to slow down on the corners"

Well "MoparMike" & "mac8" I hear you guys! it can be VERY frustrating trying to find Decent rooms in the "GT5" lobby,by "Decent",I mean rooms that are not full of Idiots who have absolutely no racing etiquette whatsoever,and pretty much drive like they are playing "Burnout" or "MCLA",if you guys [or any other "CLEAN" racers] are having a really tough time trying to find a room that is not full of "knuckleheads" yer more than welcome to race with us when we are on "GT5 Monkey Racing Club",we usually have morning & afternoon races daily,the am starts at roughly 10am till 1pm or so,then we all take an hour break,and go at it some more,we pretty much race strictly "Street Cars" 700hp limit,W/all assist OFF,and more or less run between 3-5 laps a race,and change tracks every race,I DO NOT allow "Ramrods","knuckleheads" or anyone who has NO respect for their fellow racers,and while "Trading paint" and "Rubbing is racing" is all good,and we all know Sh*% happens,anyone who deliberately takes out another racer is promptly "Kicked",as long as you try to keep it clean as possible,ALL are welcome,

my "PSN" is "OCAXEMAN" hope to see you guys on the track;)

level 31 ...really just because I wanted the red bullx2010,

as far as rules of racing...I really enjoy daytona nascar, but there are a LOT of idiots...and sometimes bad admins...I started mid pack or rear and at the start I had passed the whole field by the 2nd turn as the traffic was just slow and then I immediately got booted with him saying "learn to drive straight"...im like...I drove around the whole pack in 2 turns because they were slow without hitting a single car....ugh...some people.

At any rate, after seeing the arcade physics that is nfs shift 2 (saw a youtube video of a fwd car (civic si)coming in hot through a corner and there was no understeer...at all......as far as steering, it was just as if they were on a straight turning left to right.....ugh

back to gt5 I go until iracing comes out with a retail 60 dollar single player offline mode.

A-spec 33 B=spec 38

Unlike you, I am addicted to GT5.

Hey Scottster, I checked your profile today. You have approximately 33,000 miles driven and I have over 150,000 miles driven, I guess I am addicted after all. :mrgreen:

A-spec = lvl 35

B-spec = lvl 37

I´m addicted to GT5 but the endurance races...24h on a wheel and pedals no way its too much. :(

I´m waiting for endurance save button update then it´s racing time :mrgreen:

only lvl 36. can't muster courage to sit through endurance races, so slowly lvling up w/ seasonals

gt5profile.jpg

still missing following for 100% gold

- 8C race on Grand Tour (just need the will to grind it out, am only a couple of tenths off)

- Vettel Challenge (i just hate driving that car, FFB rips my arms off their sockets :roll: )

- A-spec endurance races, if we ever get in-race save update (otherwise not bothering)

done on T500RS wheel