Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G25/27 load cell and pedal mod.

16 posts in this topic

G25/27 load cell and pedal mod. $159 from the UK.

For those that have G25/27 pedals and want to add a load cell pedal set to the mix and to extend the pedal throws. Esp good for those that have inverted their G25/27 pedals. If I didn't already have the CSP I would look into these.

http://ptracing.co.gp/

ADD: Note that you will still need a USB interface to make these work on a PC as stand alone, they rec the Leo Bodnar unit since it is not P&P with the wheel with Windows. They are connected to the PC as another USB device.

http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836-LC/

ADD2: their site seems flaky. Sometimes it will load and other times it will not ????? So for those that have prbms loading here is a link to a prelim article on them and the link there seems to connect better then trying direct.

http://www.virtualr.net/ptracing-load-c ... ch-g25g27/

Seems a little pricey to me considering the Clubsports are 199. Of course I guess the CS pedals wouldn't work with the G25/27 on PS3.

I think you can get an adapter to use clubsports with a G25/27 for pretty cheap

I think it's very pricey for what you get. Especially when Apelectrix's load cell mod is available again for a fraction of this price. And, as stated, the CSP's are a good deal as well, and a much better set overall.

As stated earlier

"For those that have G25/27 pedals and want to add a load cell pedal set to the mix and to extend the pedal throws. Esp good for those that have inverted their G25/27 pedals. "

Many pple have their G25/27 pedals inverted installed in a rig and this will allow them to easily convert to load cell. Also these are extended pedals so you will have a longer throw then the standard G25/27.

The CSP are a beater deal if yo plan on getting a pedal set, but inverting them can be done but a PITA to do it.

It's a PITA to remove a brake pedal installed in the rig to mod it also. In today's world, you should be competitive with similar products. I believe this mod to be a good mod, but I think an extra $80 plus shipping from the UK for a bit longer pedals (essentially 3 small pieces of U channel), is not representing a fair deal.

In fact, if you add Leo Bodnar's board, as recommended for an additional $65, the price of the "upgrade" to an inferior set of pedals is actually more than purchasing the clubsports. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is a bad mod, and I'm not saying it won't suit some people's needs. I just think it is a poor value, especially when compared to competitive products.

Yes, pretty sure all clutch/gas pedals use pots. Load cells are for brakes.

Thanks. To be honest if I am going to drop this much to upgrade my g27 I think I am just going to go perfect pedal. I think the best setup is the g27/perfect pedal/Bodnar setup. The CSP's are nice but for not too much more, I think you end up with a better setup with the perfect pedal. That is unless you really want to spend big money on frex or other big money pedals.

For a cheap option just go with a nixim mod. I think CSP has an advantage over this mod when it comes to Iracing but for other games nixim mod works just as good especially for console titles. If money is no object then why not get a set of CST pedals.

Except the fact the G27 pedal case is plastic and it does not have load cell which this mod would solve I don't think they are that inferior to the CSP. Some things on the CSP looks cheap , for example the load cell itself.