RSeat Owners Club
8 8

114 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, SLiMtendo said:

Did the seat fit the RS1 bottom bracket without any modifications? 

I have an RS1... looking into upgrading just my seat. How was your installation process for this?

From what I understand from his post - the seat was plug n play - the holes match the RS1 ones!

I'm looking at the RS1 as a better way of holding my Fanatec Club Sport kit (currently using a wheel stand) but need to be able to pack it away when not in use.

So, could anyone let me know how easy it is to remove the seat? Do the sliders allow it to be released from the frame or is it a case of unbolting it?

Can the pedal plate be moved so it sits within the footprint of the base?

What's cable management like - is it internal or are cables zip tied to the frame?

Finally (for the moment) does anyone know of a third party folding seat which can be use on this rig - ie one which folds forward for storage like the playseat?

Edited by plingboot

I am seriously considering purchasing the RSEAT S1 cockpit for both racing and flight sims.  Can someone give me some insight on if I purchase my own chair, what I need to look for for compatibility?  I have read that the chair might be narrow in the seat, I wanted to look for something wider.

15 hours ago, Grigmor said:

I am seriously considering purchasing the RSEAT S1 cockpit for both racing and flight sims.  Can someone give me some insight on if I purchase my own chair, what I need to look for for compatibility?  I have read that the chair might be narrow in the seat, I wanted to look for something wider.

You can purchase "Frame only" S1... it is very adjustable to accept wider seat:

https://rseatamerica.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=68&product_id=195

This is my first post so forgive me if I have posted in the wrong place.  I thought that if anyone would have the answer to this question it would be the guys on this thread.

I'm new to Sim Racing.  I really like the look of the RSeat N1 and I have talked to people who have owned them.  I would like to order one but I can't seem to contact RSeat.  I've tried the "contact us" link on the rseatamerica.com, [email protected] and via the live help link on the same website.  I have a couple of questions that I need answered before I spec the rig let alone send a couple thousand dollars overseas.  Is RSeat still in buissiness?

Thanks in advance

Stanley

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

This is my first post so forgive me if I have posted in the wrong place.  I thought that if anyone would have the answer to this question it would be the guys on this thread.

I'm new to Sim Racing.  I really like the look of the RSeat N1 and I have talked to people who have owned them.  I would like to order one but I can't seem to contact RSeat.  I've tried the "contact us" link on the rseatamerica.com, [email protected] and via the live help link on the same website.  I have a couple of questions that I need answered before I spec the rig let alone send a couple thousand dollars overseas.  Is RSeat still in buissiness?

Thanks in advance

Stanley

Not only still in bussiness, but become solid leader on the market... if you have questions - ask here I will answer - I own N1 and I am familiar with RSEAT products!

Thanks for the quick response.

I appreciate your offering to answer my questions. 

My first question is about the triple monitor stands.  The spec says the stand holds 3 up to 38 inch monitors.  Is that a 38 inch diagonal screen dimension or a horizontal screen dimension?  If its horizontal I might just be able to fit a 31.5 inch diagonal monitor into the 3x29inch triple stand? 

If you start with the N1 and or the S1 chassis can you add a motion base to that chassis at a later date?

How do you mount monitors on the full motion rig?

I also have a shipping issue.  I saw in one of the unboxing videos for the N1 that the package was large and heavy and I live up a couple of flights of stairs so I might need to make special arrangements for delivery.

My primary question is, can you tell me how to contact RSeat through conventional means?  My inquiries over the past two weeks have gotten zero responses.  Is there a specific email address I need to use?  Do I need to call them on the phone?  I'm in Los Angeles so the time difference is an issue.  I'm sure you can understand my need to know there will be someone available at RSeat during the transaction and how to contact them resulting in a timely response before I'm going to feel comfortable making the purchase. 

Thanks again.

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

Thanks for the quick response.

I appreciate your offering to answer my questions. 

My first question is about the triple monitor stands.  The spec says the stand holds 3 up to 38 inch monitors.  Is that a 38 inch diagonal screen dimension or a horizontal screen dimension?  If its horizontal I might just be able to fit a 31.5 inch diagonal monitor into the 3x29inch triple stand? 

If you start with the N1 and or the S1 chassis can you add a motion base to that chassis at a later date?

How do you mount monitors on the full motion rig?

I also have a shipping issue.  I saw in one of the unboxing videos for the N1 that the package was large and heavy and I live up a couple of flights of stairs so I might need to make special arrangements for delivery.

My primary question is, can you tell me how to contact RSeat through conventional means?  My inquiries over the past two weeks have gotten zero responses.  Is there a specific email address I need to use?  Do I need to call them on the phone?  I'm in Los Angeles so the time difference is an issue.  I'm sure you can understand my need to know there will be someone available at RSeat during the transaction and how to contact them resulting in a timely response before I'm going to feel comfortable making the purchase. 

Thanks again.

Hello,

for monitors size, from what I know monitors always are measured on the diagonal, so basicaly what in the store is 40 inch for example - same thing is on RSEAT store - 40 inch...there is no custom decission what is what by size;) 

For the motion - it depends what kind of motion, but in general is possible.

For monitors on full motion - they stay on the gound and only the rig moves - you can see that all high end decission work like this.

For the delivery - boxes are big and geavy - those are professional made products ,very sturdy and solid and made froms erious metal tubes profiles etc...so so transport boxes up by stairs you deffinetely will need helping hands of a friend.

On the wbsite there is a mobile phone and you can use it, but please conside time difference with USA.Morning and noon time in USA is good..

Best regards!