RSeat Owners Club
8 8

114 posts in this topic

Great idea.

Which N1 attachments are compatible (direct bolt on) with RS1.

Shifter mount with plate for handbrake looks attractive (don't see option for Fanatec SQ though, is it available).

So is keyboard tray, can you articulate it so it sits directly over lap, like Obutto.

But most importantly, can I bolt them to RS1.

Hello, Andrew

The only plug n play(by request) add on from N1 to RS1 is the Shifter/Handbrake add on. Important here is - when you purchase it need to say that need it for RS1. So you will receive it with mount for RS1 instead of N1. The Fanatec SQ shifter can be mounted on latest generation shifter holder plates. I mean no need from Fanatec shifter upgrade.

The N1 Keyboard/Mouse tray is better than the RS1 one, but can`t be mounted on RS1 plug n play.

Soon a N1 review will show up made by Shaun and I will request him to show every add on in details.

Btw, show your RS1 if you like.;)

2 hours ago, Krassi said:

The Fanatec SQ shifter can be mounted on latest generation shifter holder plates. I mean no need from Fanatec shifter upgrade.

Has it changes since this post? Seems like it's even smaller than standard RS1 shifter plate, not to mention Fanatec upgrade plate.

Unfortunately the shifter base plate bracket that comes with the N1 kit does NOT correctly fit my Fanatec shifter. This new baseplate is much too small.

14 minutes ago, Andrew_WOT said:

Has it changes since this post? Seems like it's even smaller than standard RS1 shifter plate, not to mention Fanatec upgrade plate.

Yes, it has changed and now it is like the bigger one. No more small shifter plates. Ofcourse if you decide to purchase I will cross check again to be not 100%, but 200% sure.

About the Fanatec upgrade that look bigger to you - it is just metal plate with 4 holes on square 10x 10 cm if I remember correct, which holes are included in the RS1 shifter plate now.;)

The other bigger second plate in the upgrade package which is for left mounting is for Hotas Joystick Throttle panel.

Edited by Krassi

We need some Rseats owners images here also! Here is my WIP with Fanatec, Buttkicker, and a Recaro Pole Position on an RS1.  My Recaro Pole Position was used on my Lancer EVO IX for a few years since I recently upgraded to a couple Recaro Profi SPG's, figured I could still use these seats for a sim rig.

It actually mounts pretty well.  I did run into some fitment issues when adding the Buttkicker mount, however I solved that by not bolting in the rear. I'll have more shots soon.

I also have a Recaro replacement covers ready for a re-trim.

LL (1).jpeg

LL.jpeg

1 minute ago, hyp36rmax said:

We need some Rseats owners images here also! Here is my WIP with Fanatec, Buttkicker, and a Recaro Pole Position on an RS1.  My Recaro Pole Position was used on my Lancer EVO IX for a few years since I recently upgraded to a couple Recaro Profi SPG's, figured I could still use these seats for a sim rig.

It actually mounts pretty well.  I did run into some fitment issues when adding the Buttkicker mount, however I solved that by not bolting in the rear. I'll have more shots soon.

I also have a Recaro replacement covers ready for a re-trim.

LL (1).jpeg

LL.jpeg

Great pics! Please add them in FB page,too . It will helps for the raffle to start:)

On 7/22/2016 at 7:58 AM, Krassi said:

The N1 Keyboard/Mouse tray is better than the RS1 one, but can`t be mounted on RS1 plug n play.

Man, if only RSeat makes an adapter to mount it on RS1. It looks like a real deal.

I have Obutto keyboard tray bolted on the left side, it works but cannot be super stable by design (super heavy solid metal plate suspended on one end).

If you can pass this request along to RSeat, that would be awesome.

Thanks a lot

_DSC2707.jpg

Edited by Andrew_WOT

22 minutes ago, Andrew_WOT said:

Man, if only RSeat makes an adapter to mount it on RS1. It looks like a real deal.

I have Obutto keyboard tray bolted on the left side, it works but cannot be super stable by design (super heavy solid metal plate suspended on one end).

Thanks a lot

_DSC2707.jpg

You want it on the left - like on N1 , right? I will ask,but in your case is more complicated, because you have the button box/tablet add on. So, both add ons need to share same 2 bolts.

Btw, it is like you put Hotas add on from back to front to the shifter mount to stay there for the handbrake. Is it correct?

20 minutes ago, Krassi said:

Great! I see the Vive,too!

Thanks! Ha! Yea! I can't wait for native VIVE support for Assetto Corsa.  I actually got the triple setup after the VIVE cause I realized I would get motion sickness with race sims.  I'm good with other VR games though.  Here's hoping i get over that nausea :D

1 hour ago, Krassi said:

You want it on the left - like on N1 , right? I will ask,but in your case is more complicated, because you have the button box/tablet add on. So, both add ons need to share same 2 bolts.

Btw, it is like you put Hotas add on from back to front to the shifter mount to stay there for the handbrake. Is it correct?

Yes, left side. I can easily lose Tablet mount, no use for it anyway, don't mind little modding if needed either.

Used Hotas mount on left side for handbrake, not my idea, borrowed from here

Now it's just one new N1 shifter/handbrake mount, much cleaner look.

RS1 is unique due to its compact size, RSeat should definitely keep that line with redesigned accessories. Win/win situation for everyone.

And if they could only come up with idea for some pedal plate braces to eliminate flex... :)

Flipping plate around works but move pedals too low.

Edited by Andrew_WOT

13 hours ago, Andrew_WOT said:

Thanks a lot

_DSC2707.jpg

Great news - it will be produced special for you! One of the benefits of RSEAT Owners Club. Just say when you want it ready.

I was born ready. LOL.:-P

Please PM me on how to proceed, or it's just regular N1 keyboard tray order with "RS1 mount" in special instructions.

Pretty sure I am not the only one looking for left sided keyboard tray solution that can be properly positioned over lap.

N1 is nice but cannot be used in space limited configurations like this.

_53C7555.jpg

Edited by Andrew_WOT

Is there any way to stiffen the standard shifter mount on the RS1? It moves way to much when i shift (fanatec sg) I've tightened the single bolt as much as i dare but the whole mount just flexes? Any ideas?

On 8/15/2016 at 7:33 AM, Andrew_WOT said:

I was born ready. LOL.:-P

Please PM me on how to proceed, or it's just regular N1 keyboard tray order with "RS1 mount" in special instructions.

Pretty sure I am not the only one looking for left sided keyboard tray solution that can be properly positioned over lap.

N1 is nice but cannot be used in space limited configurations like this.

_53C7555.jpg

Curious to see how it turns out.  I love the RS1 due to how compact it is compared to the N1. the only thing is I use the button box but would love to have the keyboard slide in from the left.

37 minutes ago, hyp36rmax said:

Curious to see how it turns out.  I love the RS1 due to how compact it is compared to the N1. the only thing is I use the button box but would love to have the keyboard slide in from the left.

If the result is good - you need to pay tax to Andrew if decide to purchase it;)

2 hours ago, marconi said:

Is there any way to stiffen the standard shifter mount on the RS1? It moves way to much when i shift (fanatec sg) I've tightened the single bolt as much as i dare but the whole mount just flexes? Any ideas?

I will think about this... I just mounted CSS for the first time to test it....gotta say it just flexes more than I want.