Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forza Motorsports 3 Review Up Now !

83 posts in this topic

THanks for all the great comments guys.

To answer a few questions.. We'll also be answering some of them in the next show..

1) Does Forza support 900 degrees.

A. Yes, but it seems the game was developed for 270 because of the 360 wheel having 270. When using 900 on the 911 wheel, the steering response becomes less responsive.

2) Load times and HDD installation

A. we didn't know, so we tried it on one system and then left the other system with it running from the disk. In general bouncing from menus, it seems a tad faster, then when loading a race, on average it saves 6 second of load time when installed to the hard drive.

Hi everyone,

i have to say that Forza 3 may be one of the best game i have ever played... I have ordered the Fanatec 911 S and i would like to ask to the members of this forum who has this wheel already to detail the 900 degree issue. Can i ask you Darin to explain deeper your feeling about this responsiveness ? I have the feeling that Forza 3 with this Fanatec whel can be one the best simulator setup around, but does this 900 degree implementation drop the score down ?

Best regards.

I asked Thomas at Fanatec about this and he told me to boot the game up with 900 degrees of rotation versus, changing it after it's booted up. Then it recognizes the extra rotation.> Sure enough ..Made a huge difference.

Hi everyone,

i have to say that Forza 3 may be one of the best game i have ever played... I have ordered the Fanatec 911 S and i would like to ask to the members of this forum who has this wheel already to detail the 900 degree issue. Can i ask you Darin to explain deeper your feeling about this responsiveness ? I have the feeling that Forza 3 with this Fanatec whel can be one the best simulator setup around, but does this 900 degree implementation drop the score down ?

Best regards.

Hi everyone,

Best regards.

I run it at 900 and it feels perfect to me for racing lower class cars, the ting pepole tend to forget is that

you will never need to apply full lock while driving as that would limit your car to 20mph. Try it in your own car

and see how much speed you can get in a circle with full stering lock.

Remember this rule "more lock is not the cure for understeer"

For drifting you will need to set it lower, as you use full lock while drifting.

I have a few to 10 times on the scoreboards running 900 degrees so it cant be that bad.

And i just sett an top 30 laptime in the full Rally Pos"somthing" the most twisty track in the game at 900.

Hey Alex,

Great looking rig there and I think I added you as a friend on Live.. Shauns is Shaun SRT with a space.

I read Che's blog today.> Some interesting stuff.. i really like how involved they seem in the community. Im sure they are listening to everyone and will make adjustments..

Darin

Hey Darin, Shaun & Jess,

Just stumbled across your channel, and have to say i love it!! First real group of car enthusiasts that give a good car game review!! I agree, i love forza 3, but they really need to improve the multiplayer matchmaking which Che (Forza community manager) says they will improve.. but i recently ordered my Fanatec wheel early october and cant wait for it to get in..

Again i'll be visiting you guys again soon and wanted to commend you on:

- great points

- nice weighted rating scale

- HOT hostess JEssica, watch out Olivia munn!!

- cool vibe overall!!

I just added you Darin on XBL - gamertag = AlexXxLude (couldnt find your Gamertag, Shaun)

Also like how you mounted 6 speed shifter. im going to think of doing that w/my rig...

my rig -

n619657812_1902223_4057.jpg

n619657812_1902221_3322.jpg

I asked Thomas at Fanatec about this and he told me to boot the game up with 900 degrees of rotation versus, changing it after it's booted up. Then it recognizes the extra rotation.> Sure enough ..Made a huge difference.

Thanks for the answer.

Regards.

Hi everyone,

i would like to ask you an other question.

we all know that the best setup to play Forza 3 is a triple screen setup with the cockpit view.

Bit since a lot of us, included me, play on a single screen, which cam is in your opinion the more realistic ? I include only the cockpit cam and the hood cam, since the bump cam and the third person cam are not possible in real life.

My question is not which cam is the faster, but the nearest of what you can see sitting on a real car.

With the hood cam, i see in front of me my real MS wheel, my own hands and just the hood of the car. But does the view angle of the road be from the driver or from the roof ? Does the view angle of the hood cam be the same as the cockpit one without the interior of the car ?

When i race with the cockpit cam, i see both my real wheel and the virtual wheel on the screen.

Other things, the wide of the view of the cockpit view is narrower than the hood one.

I think you have understood that my approach is to be the closest to the reality.

Thanks for all.

That was an interesting post.

I've often wondered what cam I should be using. I've always felt guilty that I drive from the hood view and not the in car camera view. My focus with racing games is not to wreak anyone else online. With the hood view I accomplish both clean and fast racing. Your explanation of the hood view makes sense to me though. I hate looking at another steering wheel and set of hands on the wheel.

However, one must admit you miss out on the claustrophobic feeling of being inside the car. I'm interested what others have say on the subject.