Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forza Motorsports 3 Review Up Now !

83 posts in this topic

Great review, good work :)

Could one of you try to replica the Corvette ZR1 Nurburgring 7:26.4 lap on Forza 3 ?

It think will be near impossible as i see the driver pushes the car to it's limit and beyond for most of the run.

Excellent show.

Shaun mentioned we couldn't find the S version of the Porshce Turbo in the game to be used with the the Turbo S wheel? Don't think there is an S version of the Porsche Turbo?

Again great work.

Here it is everyone ! Hope you enjoy it..

Great Job lads, Now i just have to wait for the game to be released along with my Fanatec gear being delivered, which reminds me, when will your sim steering wheel showdown run?

nice Forza review!

was it just me or was the collision physics a bit off, when car on the last part of video was hit from the rear it did not change it's momentum that much, it looked like the car weighted 10 times more. The car hitting almost flew/bounced off, as if it hit a wall. :|

Really enjoyed your review of Forza3. I was a late starter to the Forza series, but i enjoyed Forza2 and will no doubt enjoy Forza3. Your review and scores only confirmed what i already thought about the game.

As a Gran Turismo fanboy (and proud of it), i cant wait to see how the comparision between the two goes. Mind you, by the time GT5 comes out there will probably be a Forza4 ;)

Thanks for another great show. Who knows, i might catch you guys on xBox Live sometime for some racing.

Another GREAT review guys! I still think Forza 3 will be better than GT5 :( because it looks like that POLYPHONY DIGITAL (Gran Turismo makers) are using too much time on the not so important stuff like graphics and the menu and stuff like that. Even if i have the traction control off and no aids, it still feels to much like an arcade racer. I try to do a powerslide on GT5 and it just sticks and steers the other way. Ok it has over 1000 cars and lots of tracks fine but even if it feels better that the prologue and even if it had 1000 cars and lots of tracks, it will still be worse than Forza.

Great Review guys, very fair and in-depth

I couldnt help but notice how you guys had a few complaints about the load times, anyways you can improve them by installing the game to the hdd. to do this goto the Dashboard then highlight forza then press Y (game details) and select install to hard drive. Track load times went from 30 to 20 seconds for me.

Joester53, the number of tracks in both forza and gt5 are about the same. GT5 has 20 locations and 70 variations, but Forza has 19 locations and 100 variations. Both games are going to be great tho, forza3 will have its strengths in content sharing, tuning, tracks, and physics, GT5 will have better car lighting, and more cars.

Great review, good work :)

Could one of you try to replica the Corvette ZR1 Nurburgring 7:26.4 lap on Forza 3 ?

It think will be near impossible as i see the driver pushes the car to it's limit and beyond for most of the run.

I'm pretty sure that would not be a problem, mainly becaise the times reachable on the game are much faster in any car than in real life for a variety of reasons.

VVV GTDon

www.IFCAracing.com

I'm pretty sure that would not be a problem, mainly becaise the times reachable on the game are much faster in any car than in real life for a variety of reasons.

VVV GTDon

http://www.IFCAracing.com

I do not think it is that easy, try this one :

Vauxhall Astra VXR 2.0T (240PS) FWD Record Sept05 - June08 time 8:35.

With a stock Astra VXR, i think you will have trouble with the laptimes of stock cars.

Hello

I was wondering how much steering wheel rotation is supported in Forza 3 on the Fanatec. Is it 900 degrees or something else? Is it customisable? In the review you seemed to be using a little over 360 degrees, but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer on this. The main thing is whether it feels realistic or not. To me, turning the wheel 90 degrees to reach maximum lock feels very bad, I am really hoping the game supports something better than that.

Anyway thanks for the great review you guys did, much better than the other reviews I have seen so far. Just really wanting to know about the wheel rotation and any other comments anyone can make regarding how the force feedback feels would be great.

Thank you

Hello

I was wondering how much steering wheel rotation is supported in Forza 3 on the Fanatec. Is it 900 degrees or something else? Is it customisable? In the review you seemed to be using a little over 360 degrees, but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer on this. The main thing is whether it feels realistic or not. To me, turning the wheel 90 degrees to reach maximum lock feels very bad, I am really hoping the game supports something better than that.

Anyway thanks for the great review you guys did, much better than the other reviews I have seen so far. Just really wanting to know about the wheel rotation and any other comments anyone can make regarding how the force feedback feels would be great.

Thank you

The Fanatec wheel is 900 degrees, and the Microsoft Wireless Wheel is 270.

I do not think it is that easy, try this one :

Vauxhall Astra VXR 2.0T (240PS) FWD Record Sept05 - June08 time 8:35.

With a stock Astra VXR, i think you will have trouble with the laptimes of stock cars.

I don't have access to the ZR-1, but I do have the actual record holder Viper SRT10 ACR. Now I don't know what they did to the car, but there was some prep. Don't know if they changed gear ratios or what kind of tires they were using.

The certified lap times for the Dodge Viper ACR were as follows:

Lap 1 7:42.7

Lap 2 7:35.0

Lap 3 7.24.1

Lap 4 7.24.9

Lap 5 7:22.1 (Record)

Lap 6 7:24.5

Source: Chrysler Media Services

My first attempt with a bone stock no prep/tuning

7:43.807

It could be that FM3 is more true to life in the lap times than FM2, but let me run another 4 laps. I doubt I can match a 7:22 though.

In the musem next to the track KW has a stand where they say that the Viper ACR used for the

lap record has the KW race suspension mounted and the tires in the video are pilot sport cups.

I do not know if that is standard on the car.

I don't have access to the ZR-1, but I do have the actual record holder Viper SRT10 ACR. Now I don't know what they did to the car, but there was some prep. Don't know if they changed gear ratios or what kind of tires they were using.

Lap 3 7.24.1

Lap 4 7.24.9

It could be that FM3 is more true to life in the lap times than FM2, but let me run another 4 laps. I doubt I can match a 7:22 though.

My second attempt after tuning what was availble on the car:

7:33.925

Top speed (going down hill) was only 175mph, which is to say it was not continously pulling as stated by the driver of the real car or hitting the rev limiter. 5th gear is entirely too tall. I'll not change the hp, but maybe give it sport tires, and gearing more like the real car, and maybe, just maybe come close to the 7:22 The more street version SRT10 is said to do 200mph which seems more like it, so to replicate the real car performance it might need a little more hp.

While I certainly enjoyed your show on Forza Motorsports 3, I gotta call foul. You judged the title based on how it works with a higly specialized limited release wheel. How does Forza Motorsports 3 do with the wheel most folk will be using (ie., the MS wireless FF wheel)?

Note: You guys said it might be worth buying the xbox360 just for this title. That maybe so. But, is it worth buying the Fanatec wheel, clubsport pedals and the xbox360 for the title? Much harder question I would think (especially for those of us who already run with a logitech G25).

Either way, keep up the good work.

Lap 3 7.24.1

Lap 4 7.24.9