MotoGP 16 vs Ride 2

6 posts in this topic

Well... Steam reviews of MotoGP 16 (Valentino Rossi The Game) is very positive... currently at 94% positive. Lots of people are praising highly improved handling model.

I haven't purchased a MotoGP game since 2013. Would be interested in getting this, and it's also nice to see a few extra event types, and the classic MotoGP challenges/events, to mix things up. I do enjoy MotoGP... but don't follow religiously (especially since its coverage has moved to an expensive premium sports channel here in Canada).

I never bought the Ride due to reviews. But if its improvements follows suit with MotoGP 16, it could be a very good game... but I don't want 2 games. I really do like the idea of bike collecting and customizing... we really don't have many of these types of games on PC (eg, Forza and GT on console... at least until Forza comes to PC in near future). Also I like the mix of road circuits and racing circuits... including the addition of Macau.

Would you buy a MotoGP focused game with other unique challenges (drift, rally & 'flattrack') tacked on?  Or would you take the Gran Turismo styled progression that will be featured in RIDE 2?

Anyone?  Or everyone's fed up with Milestone.  Lol.

I'm now really considering waiting for RIDE 2.  30 locations this time (over 60 layouts)... includes Nordschleife (on a bike!?!), Ulster GP and Northwest 200 (UK Road Racing locations) and more modes (such as supermoto).  As much as I wouldn't mind revisiting the classic MotoGP events... this is much more tempting.

I want both of them. I have RIDE and Moto GP15 and they are great  (More fun than car games and I love them) I didn't buy Moto GP16 (if you want to call it that) because I don't have time for it yet but I am going to make time for RIDE 2.

Yeah.  As they release more videos from RIDE 2, I'm getting pretty excited.  Macau, Ulster & NW200 all look great.  I'll totally be picking up RIDE 2 when I get a chance... maybe not launch day, but likely before year end.

The thing to consider if you are going to buy Valentino Rossi The Game is if you are buying basically for the MotoGP season 16 then you are kind of screwed because it's locked and you have to play through a bunch of crap before you can unlock the MotoGP mode.   That means racing the VR academy on SuperMoto, doing the rally and rally cross, blah blah blah.    This is pretty lame for me because I have no interest in those modes and the gameplay isn't that great.  So that is just something to think about.

As for Ride 2, I want to buy it but yeah count me in as one of those who is really fed up with Milestone.  After 15+ years you'd think they'd finally understand how to make a decent bike game.   Looking at the bike and track list Ride 2 is really disappointing to me for all the bikes and tracks that it is lacking.  Especially considering Milestone already has the models available. For them to charge me for DLC (which is still very much lacking ) for bikes that should have been included on the disc to begin with.  Which I've already paid for in previous SBK & MotoGP games.....well I just won't do it.

And now the final straw is that it seems like Milestone has a new PSN logged in requirement that they pushed out without notifying people.  Recently my Milestone PS4 games Valentino Rossi and MXGP2 won't load unless my PS4 is connected and signed into the PSN.  This is for ALL MODES even the offline ones.   After the game intro screen the game just sits at a please wait screen.   The game won't load to the main menu unless you sign into the PSN.   This is an issue for me because I don't have my PS4 connected to the internet (my choice not a discussion).  If they want to do that going forward that's on them, but for them to make this change after the fact is just BS.  Just to make sure this wasn't just an issue with my PS4 I tried a number of other games and it's only the Milestone titles that are require this.  So given that, Milestone's history of not supporting their titles, Milestone's history of buggy releases, Milestone's history of releasing half finished games......as much as I want to give Ride 2 a go I'm passing on it and will just go back to playing Tourist Trophy on my PS2