Forza Horizon 3
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Xbox just announced Forza Horizon 3. It will be cross platform between Xbox 1 and Windows 10.  

Set in Australia They showed a few vehicles Lamborghini, BMW, a buggy and BJ Baldwin's Trophy Truck and a few others. 

If the W10 version supports steering wheel I'd buy it just for the Trophy Truck. 

Edited by Mada

Video of demos at E3 show triple screen and wheel.  Hope this is indeed the case.  As Forza 6 Apex has just sat idle (installed) on my system since launch unplayed... waiting for that update.

Edited by DjFIL

Glad to see they will add some australian cars to the game i heard there is going to be a 50s Holden Ute, 70s Holden Sandman, VF Holden Ute, Ford FGX Ute and 2015 Ford Falcon GT-F 351. Plus in one of the DLC packs i saw had a HRT VF Holden V8 Supercar and Supercheap Auto Ford FGX V8 Supercar aswell.

Hi guys. I got hyped about this game and will build myself a Rimotech RS1 cockpit with Thrustmaster TX wheel and TH8A and modified T3PA "not pro model" to get inverted and with some brake mod. My big question is now that I will buy the game for PC ang want to build a analog handbrake with potentiometer or load cell but do you guys think that it is possible to get it to work with the game when its on PC and not XBOX. Also I am looking for analog handbrake builds not hydraulic because of the complex and leakage risk. Please guide me to guides reffering to potentiometer builds or load cell. This will be my first DIY build. Also one question more, anyone who has added a real steering wheel to the thrustmaster and drilled a hole for the dpad? I have seen many getting the adapter but couldnt you just get a wheel that fits right over? 

Bad news for PC players...

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/forza-horizon-3-pc-to-have-unlocked-frame-rate-but-non-adjustable-fov-851433

There are no plans for triple screen support and the field of view (FOV) can't be adjusted at the moment, useful when playing via first-person view. It's a definite "maybe" from the developers.

Furthermore, PC gamers won't be able to use an non-Xbox compatible wheel with Forza Horizon 3 either.

Very sad news if true.  Means my T300RS (and separate USB Fanatec pedals and USB connected TH8A shifter) aren't going to work.  And lack of triple screen and FOV is disappointing... even The Crew got all these supported.

Hey Guys, trying to pre-order the game in Namibia for the pc (as I do not own an xbox). I really hope this can get to someone at turn10 or playground games, as I have tried speaking to Xbox support, Windows support and posted in the forums as well. I would like to know when one can pre-order the game in the windows store? when using this site, https://www.microsoft.co...ndows/windows-10-games, where they speak about pre-ordering Forza using the windows store, all it does is bring up the store, and not the product. When looking at the link, ms-windows-store:///?OCID=MSCOMWin10Hero, one can see that there is no product ID attached so I wanted to know when it would be there as it appears that it is only available on Xbox at the moment.

I do know the play anywhere service will start mid September, and hopefully by then there will be news on this, but if not, could this question be answered. All I have gotten is speculation from the Forza forums and nothing else.

Triple screen is supported, as wheel as some wheels. I am playing triple screen, but the wheel feels horrible compared to the Xbox One (Thrustmaster TX), it seems really poorly optimized for the PC. Only the Xbox on the wheel plays well, PC is nearly unplayable out of the box, it just swings everywhere. I'm going to try some optimization and wait for future versions I guess. Right now, cant get best of both worlds, which would be triple screen plus wheel, we can only get:
PC - Triple screen + Controller (sure, you can try the wheel, but at least for the Thrustmaster TX it feels horrible at this point. There is also no support for the TH8A shifter nor an addon handbrake such as the Fanatec Clubsport HB.
XBOX One: Single Screen + Wheel on Xbox One + TH8A shifter.

I honestly rather play on the Xbox as the wheel support is much better. Triple screen in arcadeish game like this does not add much functionality. It does help immersion, but what is the point of immersion if youre going to be playing with the controller because the wheel support sucks and you cant use your shifter?

i tried my t300rs on launch day and the force feedback was overall very weak even at 100% and pretty non existent on the first 100 ish degrees of rotation, (the game set my degrees to 900, i couldn't even change this because the slider didn't appear) and yes it was recognized as a t300 rs and the only other controller i had plugged in was a logictech wireless keyboard with youchpad

On 9/28/2016 at 0:55 PM, Phaster said:

i tried my t300rs on launch day and the force feedback was overall very weak even at 100% and pretty non existent on the first 100 ish degrees of rotation, (the game set my degrees to 900, i couldn't even change this because the slider didn't appear) and yes it was recognized as a t300 rs and the only other controller i had plugged in was a logictech wireless keyboard with youchpad

Did it play like crap or did it actually play alright? If you can compare to the console, better, please let me know, because to me, the PC version with the wheel plays horribly different. I even made a review to compare:

Forza 3 - Wheel: PC vs Xbox One