Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Q2 Week 12 ( (June 11 ~June 18) Final Event!

26 posts in this topic

ger.png

Final  event of Q2 with a complete German package.. Cars and Stages!

Yes another unfear multiclass event, this time I changed the layout so you can save and exit every stages to practice how much you need before entering and you can change your setting per stage.

Next week i will post the champions!

Good luck and Prost!

beer.jpg

I'm Back for the final event for this quarter. 

I made mistakes in pretty much all stages except the last one where some how i beat the fastest time by a whisker.

I wasn't a fan of the format of this event with repairs and able to quit after every stage it feels like an extended daily. I do find it more challenging to have to make the car last 2 or 3 events before repairs and also not practicing the stage over and over again to get the stage perfect. I don't have perfect runs but to me that's all part of the game. 

I did enjoy the single location format, by the 6th stage i was in the groove and was a bit disappointed that was the last stage. 

Hopefully we can get a few more entries next quarter. 

Hopefully in the live review in a few hours the guys can plug the league and get a few more people to join. 

I was hoping to watch the review live but due to time zones it will be way too early for me to watch. 

I agree with you wrt saves/service areas. 2 is a bare minimum, although I know not many wanted 6 stage runs. 3 was the best for me I think.

I did run this week's properly, like one would run a rally, on purpose without any practice runs apart from the 1st stage, to get used to the setup and car. So I just ran the entire event in a very short space of time. 4 stages before bed and 2 in the morning.
Some stages I drove balls out, pushing hard, but a few i relaxed a bit and of course made a few small/silly mistakes too, so it won't be a win, but I'm fairly happy with my performance.

I'm unlikely to drive much this week - real life is getting in my way atm, but will resume or pop back in from time to time, during next few weeks

44 minutes ago, frapster said:

3 was the best for me I think.

Hye Mates..

The the new Official Dirt Rally weekly applied this format and i tought was a good idea to give it a shot in our League.

I guess next Quarter we will go back to square one and re-voting for the format and go with most beloved one

@frapsterdo you mean 3 service areas on 6 stages?

3 hours ago, TurboTurtle said:

Hye Mates..

The the new Official Dirt Rally weekly applied this format and i tought was a good idea to give it a shot in our League.

I guess next Quarter we will go back to square one and re-voting for the format and go with most beloved one

@frapsterdo you mean 3 service areas on 6 stages?

Nah, I meant "3 stages til next service" gaps - I personally preferred that I think

Neither extreme 1 or 6 worked that well for me personally, but my participation willingness, mostly, I prefer 2-4 stages gaps between stints

PS thought i already replied earlier with this

@SpatialDragon
Another comment of yours I noticed in the ISR review show

You asked about steering wheel angles.
If you are as anal about these things as I am, try following this guide and set each car to its proper angle
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=462311586
Please note though, I initially had mine set to automatic adjustments of that in game's options, but in practice it only worked well for me when I'd adjust full steering range lock for every car I drive right on the wheel manually - thank fanatec for 5 presets on the CSW wheels, which can be changed on the fly
Modern cars (2000's/2012's and R4/F2) were the ones I had trouble with, when doing automatic in game steering angle adjustments - for what ever reason, those cars lock became too low/twitchy for me, sp setting it to manual and adjusting for each car on the wheel worked a lot better for me

I'd also like to add that steeerign range angle is incredibly important for me, to get the right feel for all cars in game. Some can be driven easily with 1 step up/down between the angles (540/640/720/900/1080) being off, but I much prefer the real life numbers - they do make a difference for me

On 6/14/2016 at 7:40 AM, frapster said:

@SpatialDragon

If you are as anal about these things as I am, try following this guide and set each car to its proper angle
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=462311586
Please note though, I initially had mine set to automatic adjustments of that in game's options, but in practice it only worked well for me when I'd adjust full steering range lock for every car I drive right on the wheel manually - thank fanatec for 5 presets on the CSW wheels, which can be changed on the fly
Modern cars (2000's/2012's and R4/F2) were the ones I had trouble with, when doing automatic in game steering angle adjustments - for what ever reason, those cars lock became too low/twitchy for me, sp setting it to manual and adjusting for each car on the wheel worked a lot better for me

I'd also like to add that steeerign range angle is incredibly important for me, to get the right feel for all cars in game. Some can be driven easily with 1 step up/down between the angles (540/640/720/900/1080) being off, but I much prefer the real life numbers - they do make a difference for me

No, I replied to someone asking about wheel angles and then they/you/someone went into a rant about how I was doing it wrong and then you all threw in your angles and all I did was replied to a question, so step the hell off. 

1 hour ago, SpatialDragon said:

No, I replied to someone asking about wheel angles and then they/you/someone went into a rant about how I was doing it wrong and then you all threw in your angles and all I did was replied to a question, so step the hell off. 

Dude chill out,,,,, fraps is just giving you some friendly advise ,, 

6 hours ago, SpatialDragon said:

Rant??  Are you for real? Pal this tips are coming from one on the best drivers in the league and you should be grateful that someone is helping you!

You are demostrating the  attitude that reflects your typical results in the league.

3 hours ago, TurboTurtle said:

Rant??  Are you for real? Pal this tips are coming from one on the best drivers in the league and you should be grateful that someone is helping you!

You are demostrating the  attitude that reflects your typical results in the league.

So why don't you guys go read his instructions and then you will be one of the best in the world. I like the guy, but to come at me like I was the one that started it is wrong. I simply replied to a question in the chat. How we got here is beyond me. I don't have the same wheel as you or him, it is set the way I want. I recall using 270 degrees for a long time and what I found was that the car never held a straight line. I went up. But to say that we all need to use the same range as he does or the pro drivers use is ludicrous. I make the changes I feel works for my wheel, in the car. I don't know why I even bother with this sniping and arguing over this anyways. Matter of fact, I am done with this conversation. You can all sit around and braid each others hair while you talk about me behind my back all you want. Seems to be what you are doing anyways. Apparently I am not supposed to say anything, or have an opinion.

On 6/14/2016 at 2:40 PM, frapster said:

@SpatialDragon

So what he is basically saying is ,,,,,"If you are as picky as him about your setup,,,try following these steps" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

How you can take that as having a pop at you is beyond me,,, 

3 hours ago, SpatialDragon said:

You can all sit around and braid each others hair while you talk about me behind my back all you want. Seems to be what you are doing anyways. Apparently I am not supposed to say anything, or have an opinion.

Man that is Extreme Paranoia ,,,,,, i suppose if someone goes out of their way and spends 10/15 mins of their life to explain their setup to you to try and answer a question that you asked,,,i guess you are totally entitled to tell them to shove it up their arse and then play the victim ,,,, but don't get upset when folks start to question why your being such an asshole,,

what on earth is happening? What rant? I don't post comments on any shows, i just noticed some questions that came up in the comments during the show and tried to answer them/help him

If no apology follows, he will be removed from the league(s). No need for this kind of stuff here. Not as a punishment obviously, as that would have little effect

I would just like to add my bit, one thing i have found over the years is that text questions and answers some times loose something in translation, so its hard to translate the motivation behind whats being said.

The most important thing in rallying i have found thru the years rally lads tend to help each other as the norm, many times on real events i have borrowed parts of other people to keep going on rallies.

Circuit racing muppets tend to be the opposite lets keep and maintain he rally spirit and accept a misunderstanding  has occurred and be done with it.

In other news, 

All times are going to be wiped.

https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/blog/5646

It’s not all good news though. As some of you have noticed, there are some…not so legit times topping our Leaderboards. We plugged some security holes in the latest patch, and bans have been issued for bad behaviour. Unfortunately, that doesn’t solve the problem of the cheat times that have already been posted. Sadly there’s no way for us to tell which times have been posted fairly, apart from the ridiculously short ones. Since so much work has been done to improve security in the last 18 months, and with bans issued to weed out the cheaters, we’re going to wipe the Steam leaderboards and start with a clean slate. Think of it as DiRT Rally: Season 2. I know this is a nuke-it-from-orbit measure and there are a lot of you that have set some incredible times, and really we can only apologise for you losing that status on the Leaderboards. Your PBs are stored locally in your save game so you will at least have a record of your accomplishments, as well as a benchmark to aim for after the wipe. 

17 hours ago, stevemontuno said:

Somehow i don't think you'll get an apology fraps ,,,,,,,,personally though i think you should just let this one slide mate and put it down to the guy having a real shitty day,,,lol

Yeah, i know. Just wanted to clear things out, but it could be pointless indeed. I just still have some belief in people always apologising, when they realise they've made a huge mistake and offended a bunch of people for no good reason :)
I think I figured what happened btw:
I watched the recorded(!) review show, noticed a couple of questions in comments that Spatial posted
I thought - "hmm, i saw that name in our leagues, I'll reply to him (trying to answer his questions/help him) in the forum", which i did, making sure he gets notified of my posts/sees my answers, by using his @<NAME> tag
What I assume then followed was - the guy noticed my notifications, but few days later, read them badly/misunderstood parts of it/confused me/us with some other live(!) show commenting ppl he had an argument with and noticed that tag/his name name I mentioned in my post but didn't' understand that I was replying to him with a notify, but he though that I was "speaking behind his back" and for some reason that it was negative/some attack, so he unleashed his (dunno what to call it even) - personal attack i guess at people here

OK, if/when he realises his mistake, i still expect an apology, because he went all guns blazing and shooting all, including the person who was initially trying to help him, a fellow league member, but also all the other innocent bystanders. That I find unbelievable and completely unacceptable and if he has any redeeming human features he will apologise.
There are chances of course of the opposite, so then it will be remove&ignore tactic

9 hours ago, frapster said:

Yeah, i know. Just wanted to clear things out, but it could be pointless indeed. I just still have some belief in people always apologising, when they realise they've made a huge mistake and offended a bunch of people for no good reason :)
I think I figured what happened btw:
I watched the recorded(!) review show, noticed a couple of questions in comments that Spatial posted
I thought - "hmm, i saw that name in our leagues, I'll reply to him (trying to answer his questions/help him) in the forum", which i did, making sure he gets notified of my posts/sees my answers, by using his @<NAME> tag
What I assume then followed was - the guy noticed my notifications, but few days later, read them badly/misunderstood parts of it/confused me/us with some other live(!) show commenting ppl he had an argument with and noticed that tag/his name name I mentioned in my post but didn't' understand that I was replying to him with a notify, but he though that I was "speaking behind his back" and for some reason that it was negative/some attack, so he unleashed his (dunno what to call it even) - personal attack i guess at people here

OK, if/when he realises his mistake, i still expect an apology, because he went all guns blazing and shooting all, including the person who was initially trying to help him, a fellow league member, but also all the other innocent bystanders. That I find unbelievable and completely unacceptable and if he has any redeeming human features he will apologise.
There are chances of course of the opposite, so then it will be remove&ignore tactic

I apologise that you guys feel the need to come in behind someones back and misrepresent someones words. You know what? Piss off. Anyways after all the work I did trying to drum up some participation for this piss poor league, now you back snipers want to boot me? Go ahead. By the way frapster maybe you should be ahead of this middle aged gimp before you start advising me on how to drive, how to setup and live. So piss off you backstabbing little girls. Boot me. I don't give a damn. I retire AHEAD of your LORD and HERO the mighty frapster.

Well i am truly depressed, i compete in a mickey mouse league, so my 4 national titles my European championship title, my Asian pacific championship title, my multiple wrc class wins and my 27 years driving experiences driving for 3 factory teams is wasted driving with you guys.

Good to know i suppose :)

2 minutes ago, stevemontuno said:

Damn it,,i really need to put some research into this thread,,i'm off to watch some old episodes of Batman followed by season one of columbo ,,, :D

i swear i have no idea what this is about, but its not iracing so needs some chill some where