Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

question regarding t500 episode and sim rig

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys and Jessica....Ty for the episodes some good info...i am a current owner of a playseat that I modified most importanlty reversing the center post so its not in the way of the pedals, g25, buttkicker, and a t500rs shipping as we speak. Strongly thinking about ordering clubsport pedals as well ...i will see how i like the t500 pedals. My main question is in the t500 episode the rig you guys have it mounted too has three monitors...mainly curious about the size of them they look to be about the right size...atm i have a 52 inch samsung for my rig but watching the vids i think i would prefer 3 monitors so trying to get an idea of size. My second question is regarding the t500 vs an arc g25....if you have tried the arc whats ur comparison? Just wondering if i would be better modding the g25 arc style with some bodnar boards and CSP or just keeping the t500....the t500 wont be here for a few days and from what i see as long as i dont open the box i can return if need be. Also any news on the T500 shifter? Thoughts for an episode would be a shifter shootout...Sim-gear SST vs TSW Vs Frex VS ACT Labs 2006 vs G25/G27 mod...or something else i dont know of. Also anyone know if i can use g25 shifter as a standalone shifter with the t500 on pc with an adapter or perhaps just plug both wheels in and use the t500 and pedals with g25 shifter for now until i decide on a shifter? Well thank you and appreciate the episodes you do ....you have definitely come a long way since your first episode...

Sincerely,

a fellow sim racer

Hey Fellow Sim Racer,

Okay I'll do my best to answer all of your questions here. The first thing i'll say is that you'll probably end up liking the clubsports better than the T500 pedals unless inverting them is more important to you than a load cell. For me, It's not and you can absolutely run the clubsports with a T500. Secondly, Darin's triple screen rig uses three 24" monitors. I'd say 28" is the absolute largest I'd ever go and even then you're going to have a tough time finding adequate mounts for them. 24" is the safe bet. when going triple screen, don't forget to factor in the cost of at least one new graphics card (maybe two) and probably a new power supply as well. Moving on to the Arc mod... We have one in the studio and are about to assemble it but it hasn't happened yet so i cant comment on how it feels. I will say this, even if it did feel just as good as a T500 (which it wont due to inherent gear slop in the g25/7), you're still taking a wheel and pushing it beyond its designed limits. The T500 was made from the start to be that powerful and should reflect that in its lifespan. We're pretty concerned about the logitech's longevity after such an aggressive mod. On to shifters... A shifter Shootout sounds great :) We don't have any info on a thrustmaster shifter yet but as soon as we do it'll get out to you guys. at this point it's just rumor. As far as I know, you can't use a g25/7 shifter standalone. You could probably do a homebrew project Arduino USB controller to make that work but as of right now there's no easy way. I suppose it's possible to plug the whole other wheel in but some games might get confused with all the axes. Give it a shot!

Thanks for the reply Tom and sorry I didnt respond right away...I have not had a whole of time to play with the t500...however my initital impresion is good..I will update on that later...I ordered three 24 inch monitors and an ACT Labs shifter this weekend. I will also update on those later. AS far as mounting the monitors I make sure all monitors I get have vesa mounting including the three I ordered. As far as what to mount them too I plan on fabricating something up with 80/20 or if i get time welding something up...As far vid cards go I have a gtx 580 in thier and a gtx 470 and gtx 260 in the closet somewhere so I plan too use softth for the time being (Girlfriend getting a little annoyed with my spending lately, so Ill hold of until next month for another 580). Unless I end up liking softth and if I like softth I may just hold off on another gtx 580 and get the CSP and a bodnar board. Power supply is 1600 watts with a dedicated 20 amp circuit..so should be good thier but thanks for the heads up as you covered all the bases. Arc mod I will hold of on as I decided to give the g25 to my brother once I get the act labs shifter in. Although an episode on the shifters and Arc I would still gladly watch. Thanks for all the info and keep up the great work and happy racing.

Blink