Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G29 with other pedals and or shifter

5 posts in this topic

hi everyone! I've tried to find a topic about it but can't find, so I create this to ask you guys,

It's possible to use different pedals and shifters with the G29? 

I bought a brand new G29 and it still sealed in box, but after read some complaints about the pedals strength and stiffness, I'm wondering if is possible to use a thrustmaster pedals or even a fanatec with it using some adaptors. Because if it's impossible to do, probably I'll sell it before open the sealed box and wait a little more to buy the T500rs.

Can you help me with that? 

If you mean the brake pedal stiffness on the G29 pedals, you can remove the rubber bumper in the brake chamber (though you will need to dismantle the pedal, but it's not hard). Really though that bumper helps braking by providing a progressive feel to the brake like in a real car. I suppose even cutting the rubber bumper down a little will help too. It's worth keeping as it really does make braking feel more intuitive.

On PC you should be able reduce the brake pedal settings to what travel is 100%, so needn't have a problem if the resistance feels too strong. On consoles you can't so you'll need to push it all the way to hit 100% brake.

Thanks J.Ford!

:-P

But, do you or anyone know if is possible to use parts of thrustmaster T500rs on it? I have found good deals for pedals and shifter and I'm not in position to buy a expensive and brand new T500rs wheel set...

No that's not possible. Thrustmaster pedals won't plug into the Logitech base. For that matter neither will Fanatec pedals either. That restriction only applies to console usage, as pedals and shifter must go directly into the wheelbase.