80/20 Rig with SimXperience 3DOF Motion and Traction Loss
11 11

29 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Darin Gangi said:

Thats a sweet rig ! Did you get the rear traction loss hardware from SimX too ?

Thanks Darin.  The  traction loss came from SimX also.

Edited by PlatinumDan

Nice build!  While 80/20 looks deceptively easy to work with, I know from experience how much planning it takes to execute even a basic design well.

Can you share size/spec/source of the transfer and lazy susan bearings also?  I like the idea of adding traction loss using 80/20!

2 hours ago, goldnboy6 said:

Nice build!  While 80/20 looks deceptively easy to work with, I know from experience how much planning it takes to execute even a basic design well.

Can you share size/spec/source of the transfer and lazy susan bearings also?  I like the idea of adding traction loss using 80/20!

Lazy suzan bearing: Here on Amazon.com

Transfer bearings were from eBay for like $2 each but here is a similar one I found: Transfer Bearings

Unfortunately from my past experience with 80/20 that cost doesn't surprise me.  Whenever I have an idea to use 80/20 I expect 80% of my estimate to go at least 20% over budget!  :) 

smart design. I wish I took same approch but went with plywood as a sliding plateform for traction loss

It works but someplay with plywood that s bothrering me 

Edited by abss

Great rig @PlatinumDan I am also looking to build something like this and working on my plans and your pictures are really helping me. One thing that is not clear I hope you can give a little incite to is the traction control system. Are you using the traction loss system they sell and just not using the base? Or are you using just DYI parts. 

Could you share what did you purchase from them or did you just buy the full traction loss and not use the base parts? Also how did you mount as I can't really see in the picture. 

Again great looking rig. Amazing job. 

SimXperience sells just the actuator kit for traction loss.  Attached is a SimX invoice when I purchased it a couple of years ago.  Look at line items 3 & 4.  It does not come with the traction loss base.  Just the additional actuator and mounting kit.

<br/><a href="http://oi66.tinypic.com/2hgz1mv.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

I'll have to take close-up shots of the traction loss actuator attachment hardware so I'll get back with them this evening.

Dan

I have been in contact with simxperiance (Darin) and he told me that they dont sell just 1 actoator and controll unit. Just 2 and 3. If not you have to buy the package with the bace. (RTL diy kit)

55 minutes ago, GeniFx said:

I have been in contact with simxperiance (Darin) and he told me that they dont sell just 1 actoator and controll unit. Just 2 and 3. If not you have to buy the package with the bace. (RTL diy kit)

Ah.  I understand what you are asking now...makes sense to me.  I don't know what to tell you man.  I've posted what I have to get what I got.

Edited by PlatinumDan