Paddle shifters too clicky

7 posts in this topic

I'm running a thrustmaster TX and wonder if anyone knows if its possible and relatively easy to reduce/remove the clickiness noise of the paddle shifters.

thanks in advance for any suggestions.

edit: sorry should have highlighted i'm using the F1 style wheel addon.

Edited by speedkinduci

while I very much agree that the F1 wheel paddles do click rather loud, I kinda like that! I have 4 Thrustmaster Wheels and the F1 wheel has much louder clicks than the other 3 wheels by far. Sorry I don't have a solution though.

I know this is an old thread, but I found this while trying to solve this issue as well.  Not only do I find the clicking annoying, it is so loud that family in other parts of the house can hear it, which doesn't work well with late night sessions.  

I found a fairly simple solution that works well, and also I think makes the paddles feel better than stock.  What I did was took a couple of soft earplugs, smashed the tips down flat, and then slid them in between the spring, which does two things, dampens the motion, and also heavily suppresses the sound, which now is a very quiet tap.

This requires zero time/modifications to the wheel and they can quickly be replaced if they wear out over time.  I used some soft green earplugs that I picked up at walmart for about $5 for 10 pair.

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

On 2/23/2017 at 3:37 AM, Doug said:

I know this is an old thread, but I found this while trying to solve this issue as well.  Not only do I find the clicking annoying, it is so loud that family in other parts of the house can hear it, which doesn't work well with late night sessions.  

I found a fairly simple solution that works well, and also I think makes the paddles feel better than stock.  What I did was took a couple of soft earplugs, smashed the tips down flat, and then slid them in between the spring, which does two things, dampens the motion, and also heavily suppresses the sound, which now is a very quiet tap.

This requires zero time/modifications to the wheel and they can quickly be replaced if they wear out over time.  I used some soft green earplugs that I picked up at walmart for about $5 for 10 pair.

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

Created an account just to respond to this. Thank you sir for a brilliant solution to this problem. Nailed it!