Xbox One, PS4, PC & PS3 Motion Simulator available
2 2

37 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I have been under the radar now for months busy beavering away on a Motion simulator that works with Next Gen consoles and PC. Well I am over the moon to be able to say I have done it!

I am now putting myself out there for the world to see and answer as many questions as I can with a view to making these available as soon as possible.

I'm not interested in being the next bill gates, rather I want to build and sell these as my day job and make it possible for everyone to enjoy one.

This is my ( in progress ) website: http://www.caniseng.com/

And my all important Indygogo for funding setup: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/motion-simulator-for-next-generation-consoles/x/13814348#/

Thanks again

Jason

REAR.jpg

Seat Features.jpg

Edited by Jason187781
spelling :(

Hey there, seems you've cracked the nut that many have been asking for.  I'll keep an eye on your progress.  Great work.  Just from the looks of this it seems to be great for VR.  If I got one I'd chuck the monitor assembly completely and make it a dedicated PC and PSVR machine.

Edited by Mayaman

34 minutes ago, Mayaman said:

Hey there, seems you've cracked the nut that many have been asking for.  I'll keep an eye on your progress.  Great work.  Just from the looks of this it seems to be great for VR.  If I got one I'd chuck the monitor assembly completely and make it a dedicated PC and PSVR machine.

Thanks,

Good idea, an all in one VR package.

I'm toying with other possible setups including curved screens and seating options but I don't think PS4 or Xbox one support multi screen which is a shame..

I have keyboard & mouse support frames to go plus an all important drinks holder seemed to be in big demand with friends :D

Quick update on the first 4 off V1.0's

I have all the motors, gearboxes and plenty more stacked up ready but thought I would share a photo of the laser cut sections that have arrived this week :-D

20160426_195120_zzxiwc.jpg

Hopefully have the first 4 built by the end of next month too ready to go.

And we're off :D

Finally nailed down the design, ironed out all the bugs and started selling these from £2300. For that you get the motion platform, seat, Wheel and pedals and delivery in the UK. For £2700 you get all that plus a 32" 1080p LCD tv, 5:1 surround sound system and twin bass shakers.

Check us out at.

www.caniseng.com

Comments and any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers

Jason

Looks a nice compact setup but the limitation of using a Logitech i am sure will put many folk off as its a dated wheel, the person that can afford this sort of setup i think would demand a better wheel and pedal setup option.

I want to ask: As the platform uses Logitech to take its FFB - changing the wheel from G29 to G920 is it enough to make it compatible from PS4 to XB1? Or every separate motion model operates to its platoform?

4 hours ago, dynt said:

Looks a nice compact setup but the limitation of using a Logitech i am sure will put many folk off as its a dated wheel, the person that can afford this sort of setup i think would demand a better wheel and pedal setup option.

Hi Dynt, it's a fair point, I'm trying desperatley to keep the prices down so have opted for a mid range wheel and pedal set for now..

42 minutes ago, Krassi said:

I want to ask: As the platform uses Logitech to take its FFB - changing the wheel from G29 to G920 is it enough to make it compatible from PS4 to XB1? Or every separate motion model operates to its platoform?

Hi Krassi,

The platform doesn't use the FFB to run the motion feedback. The wheel and platform will work with any compatible game regardless of force feedback. Basically if the game works on the wheel the platform will ;)

With CronusMax you can pick either a G29 or G920 wheel and use it on either platform, :) PS4, Xbox One, PS3 or PC. I believe they are about to release a version that works fully with force feedback too on all cross platform options.

http://cronusmax.com/

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Krassi said:

If I have both wheels I can swap them and use both consoles on 1 platform right? I have cronussmax and know how it works - I just preffer to have original wheels plugged, not emulated.

Yup, you could use both wheels if you do have both.

1 minute ago, Jason187781 said:

Yup, you could use both wheels if you do have both.

That is very good to know. Can you tell me what covers the warranty , and how will be covered in other countries - I am in Bulgaria

1 minute ago, Krassi said:

That is very good to know. Can you tell me what covers the warranty , and how will be covered in other countries - I am in Bulgaria

At the moment we are offering a 6 months parts and labour but this is only in the UK. When the platform has been in the public hands for a good few months we will be looking to open up the warranty to at least a year for older and new customers. The build is incredibly strong both physically and electronically so we are exspecting the platform to run for years without any maintenance or faliures. Our exsperience as a company covers CNC machinery which runs for thousands of hours without fault so we have great confidence in the product.

Will be looking to setup international shipping soon too ;)

1 minute ago, Jason187781 said:

At the moment we are offering a 6 months parts and labour but this is only in the UK. When the platform has been in the public hands for a good few months we will be looking to open up the warranty to at least a year for older and new customers. The build is incredibly strong both physically and electronically so we are exspecting the platform to run for years without any maintenance or faliures. Our exsperience as a company covers CNC machinery which runs for thousands of hours without fault so we have great confidence in the product.

Will be looking to setup international shipping soon too ;)

My biggest concerns are the electronics and the motors. The metal work is almost imposible to fail, but event this happens - it is easy for me to repair it here. My mom`s company did metal constructions for British museum and some other famous buildings in the UK.;)

Just now, Krassi said:

My biggest concerns are the electronics and the motors. The metal work is almost imposible to fail, but event this happens - it is easy for me to repair it here. My mom`s company did metal constructions for British museum and some other famous buildings in the UK.;)

1 minute ago, Krassi said:

And one more thing - it is possible in time the limitation of the TV 32`` to be solved?

The motors are stepper motors and brushless which makes them very low maintenance and difficult to damage so should be fine, We ran the motion platform during a big drinking party for 8 hours straight and had great fun doing time trials on Project Cars, they hardly got warm so we aren't worried too much about them. The electronics could be an issue but are modular so a wiring loom could be supplied as a replacment for inside the frame? It's a good question though :)

6 minutes ago, Krassi said:

And one more thing - it is possible in time the limitation of the TV 32`` to be solved?

We went with a 32" to keep the working footprint down to a reasonable size, Bigger screens can be fitted and we are going through this now in testing.
We are also looking at projectors that move with the platform with custom screens to suit giving around 100" screen for not much more than a HDTV ;)

1 hour ago, Mayaman said:

So this uses the wheel signal to provide the feedback for the motion?

This is only for consoles right?   On PC, you could use any wheel you wish, 

Kind off, We have custom hardware fitted inside the wheel to relay the position of the wheel and we have the same in the pedals. It still works with PC, PS3.