Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

t300 ferrari integral strange fan noise sound, power supply humming ?

9 posts in this topic

Just bought, brand new t300 ferrari integral set. It performs very good on my pc and on my ps3. But it makes a weird noise when i plug the usb cable to power up. I hear something like fault fan or something. . . (zzzzzzzzzzzzz). I think the noise comes from the left side of the base from my seating position where the power supply is. It is not very loud, but enough to make me nervous. I think the noise gets a bit softer when the ffb kicks. . . . . . I can hear it more than the fan itself in full speed.

EDIT: From cold start hear nothing. After a few seconds i start hearing the (zzzzzzzzzzz) noise growing until it tops to a frequency that gives me headache. What happens is i plug the power,  then the usb, it calibrates perfect and after a few seconds. . . . ..  (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz). But it works fine. 

I think the sound comes from somewhere around here

1460678487785-1877714556.jpg

It sounds like power supply humming or something. I wouldn't care much since it works perfectly. But the frequency is damn too annoying. . . . . 

Any ideas?  I repeat the base has no issue in performance

I tried to '' film '' the issue, but the noise is not the same as to listen live but it is definitely hearable. I will upload the video after work. I found on the internet about some t300rs who had some power supply humming issues.

EDIT.

I have spoken with Thrustmaster support. I have sent them a video with the strange noise that I hear from my wheel base (maybe ps humming). I will upload here a shorter version of the video.

I would bet the PSU (power supply) is going out -- that's the definite "weak spot" for the T300 and TX wheels.  When the USB plug is not connected, the PSU is turned "off," and when you plug in the USB plug, the PSU turns "on," which is why the buzzing goes away when you unplug the USB cord. 

Thrustmaster should offer to send you a replacement wheel.

If your wheel is not under warranty and they won't repair or replace it, there's a very good tutorial here about how to replace a TX power supply -- same procedure works for the T300.

I am going to send the base to Thrustmaster for repair. I bought my wheel a week ago. I have been waiting for my wheel for 2 months to come. They told me that i can request a replacement for the store-shop i bought the wheel. But the support of the shop told me that it might take again 1+ months to have the new one.  Not in stock for me. . . . .  Very good support  from Thrustmaster by the way.  They respond very fast. I do not pay for any shipping and the procedure will take about 2 weeks. 

So i sent the base in the 28th of April via UPS. They got it the May 4. They cheked it and replaced the faulty power suply and they sent me the base back. I received it in May 12. Very fast responce, they answered my e-mails always during the same day. 

My base is now very quiet and know i can use it properly.