Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedal reviews

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, love the reviews of the wheels recently. I would like you to take the other side of our control, and do a review specificly on pedals. I've been trying to work out if i want to go for the fanatic clubsports, or going for one of the G25 mods, or maybe one of the other options out there. Would be great to see you do a comparision for all the options, as the pedals are equally important (proberly more important) than the wheel

Yea,after watchin wheel review i also thought pedal review/comparison would be great idea,i bet ISR staff allready have this on their mind.Anyway form what i can tell go with a Fanatec Clubsport pedals,their load cell system is incredible ,and even if you mod g27 pedals with perfect pedal mod which i suppose makes brake pedal work like Clubsports do,you still wount get that quality,precision and customization that Clubsports have.

The pedal review idea is a good one, the problem I can see ISR having reviewing pedals though is with the few exceptions, pedals aren't interchangeable. You can't use DFGT pedals on G25, you can't use the Thrusmaster pedals with Fanatec wheel and so on, the only exceptions are the Clubsport pedals and the other high end (very expensive pedals) but even then, there is a review flaw with this, these will work when plugged into a separate USB port on a computer, if using on a PS3 and in some cases Xbox (GT2 wheel) the pedals have to be plugged into the wheel thus making it that you have to use the pedals that came with the wheel on consoles. I believe (I could be wrong here) consoles can only accept signals from 2 controllers at any one time, thus the game pad to navigate menus and the wheel itself, if the pedals are plugged into the wheel, they become part of the wheel as seen from the Xbox or PS3. The PC is a different story, if the pedals are USB capable (Fanatec Clubsports are) then you can use pretty much any wheel with them, even the pedals for the new Thrustmaster wheel is proprietary and has to plug into that wheel.

Only one set of affordable pedals fits this bill..... The Fanatec Clubsport pedals, yes the load cell is nice but I also like the level of adjustability for these pedals. The rest of the pedals that can also do this are very expensive and at this time I cannot remember the company names that make them. Also, very doubtful that these expensive pedals can be used on a console, even the Clubsport pedals have to be plugged into a Fanatec wheel to work on a console.

So the pedal review would be difficult at best unless ISR just wants to tell people what pedals they like best and let people decide what wheel to get based on the pedal sets included with the wheel.

As for the Clubsports, ISR already reviewed them a while back and gave them nothing but praise, I just got mine and I have to agree, they are great pedals for the price.

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

So the pedal review would be difficult at best unless ISR just wants to tell people what pedals they like best and let people decide what wheel to get based on the pedal sets included with the wheel.

Jack, that's essentially exactly what I did when deciding what to get for my rig. I decided the only way to go was the ClubSport pedals first and then that forced me to get one of the Fanatec wheels (GT3RSV2). That way I'm compatible for both PC and PS3.

Agreed GraffZ06.

The thing I looked most forward to getting from the CS package was the CS pedals, I have them now and am still getting used to them but I really like them, the wheel (last part of the shipment) might come in today or tomorrow since it's finally in my city. It sat in Canada customs for something like 11 days.

I had been wanting the CSP for a while, I decided on the wheel due to the ISR reviews of it and the GT3RS, my only reason for wanting the Fanatec wheel is the amount on on-wheel buttons as compared to only two on my G25. If I end up not liking the GT2, I won't hesitate going back to my G25, it's been a excellent wheel for me. But the CSP are staying put! LOL :)

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<