ISRTV Daily DiRT Rally League
6 6

742 posts in this topic

So I've made the Daily League now and setup next 7 days events, using similar to DR's official Daily Online challenge format, using single car/single stage daily events, starting at 10 am my time (British Summer Time at this moment, so GMT+1)

Let's see how this goes and if any good suggestions come up after this run.
1st event, starting tomorrow morning will be using R4 Scooby (yay!) at the 1st Weekly league Germany stage

https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/30287/isrtv-daily

No plans for podium pics/ceremonies, but we'll see down the line

Edited by frapster

Sounds like a good idea, I prefer to run in leagues as it means my times are more relate-able to other people's. In the early days of Dirt Rally the general online daily stages were good as you got 200 or so people participating and I could usually get a pretty good time in. Now though there's so many people that you post a really good time and you end up for example in 586th place. Smaller groups are much better as you feel as if you have achieved something good if you are in the top 10 :), It would be great if someone could post the results of each day's stage in a forum thread (doesn't have to be fancy) so we can see the leader board each day aswell :D 

Edited by alexus5995

Hi M8s

Daily is done and i am currently leading!:-D 

I was practicing the stage with the Mitsus for the weekly so the transaction to the Scooby  was not that bad  but for sure  I will not drop EVO team since I am a notch faster with my fav X

Just  lowering  the ride height and stiffening the suspension helped in dropping down a good 10 sec. from the first run with standard setup.

Yay !! I am super happy i love this! It is quick but intese!  Thank you Frapster to set it up:-P

If needed I can take care of the leader board, I am use to it  and i enjoy doing that! 

Edited by TurboTurtle

Well done mate. Yeah, mitsubishi is faster but I found it hard for me to make clean run in practice sessions, so I opted for the Scooby. My weekly event was 3:08.8, but here I did it half a sec or so slower.

sure, if you can publish results etc (if that's what you meant), then I'd be much obliged

Damn i really want to have a couple of hour tonight but i burnt my arm's out at the gym on wednesday and then crippled myself practicing on Germany last night,,my arms are screaming,,,,lol (but i couldn't resist) ,,,

keep it up lads ,,,,,man that Evo's a trip :D

Edited by stevemontuno

Hi Mates,

Day One is gone and I attached the screenshot of League Standing (nice and simple). I believe the standing in the website will not reset since Frap set it up as 7 events one stage. Great!

My goal now is to help in recruiting as many people as possible to make battle for the top 10 a bit harder, sending out the link to my steam friends list that are also members of the forum.

Great effort everybody we are improving!! 

Screenshot_2.png

Nice oneTT, thanks

Here's the times I captured last night but missing one later entry

Pos. Name Time

1 waynnewilliams 03:07.442

2 TurboTurtle 03:08.809

3 frapster 03:09.375

4 D.Y.N.T. 03:09.509

5 karik_FIN_134 03:09.925

6 Mummelmann 03:10.992

7 Alex Walder 03:13.308

8 Mada 03:22.758

Was really looking forward to today's run but what luck - my 980ti seems to have gone bad. Frustrating, as I already mounted a stratos-like 4-spoke rim and was ready to go. I bet I'll be out of any racing action for awhile : (

I'll keep organising this league event though, while sorting out RMA, it doesn't take much effort

@frapster Oh no, thats unlucky! :( So far (touch wood) my PC has served me well since I built it 18 months ago but you never know when things might fail. Its a good job most quality PC components come with 3+ years warranty. Still a big inconvenience though but at least you can still use your PC for general things while its sent off to be replaced. 

Rats! I really  feel for you, and i hope you will back as soon as possible.

Edit:

More Rats!!  I just run the daily and i did very bad:-( , while working on the setups i manage to drop down to 3:22, still slow compared to quirki 3:04 but i was happy with that. Honestly i do not understand how i did not get several flats during the run.. :shock:  Anyway I survive with a 2:29 and i guess i will at the bottom today..

ehehe, I just installed the old 770, which used to be part of x2 sli setup, before my upgrade to 980ti, so it's like 4 times slower with this older 1 card, but i guess i still can try disable most gfx stuff and run it in a claustophobicaly small and narrow single screen 24". gawd, now i need to find a good fov/seat pos. it's like time-travelling to the past century!!
I expect it won't be pleasant nor fast, but I wanna use that rim today, otherwise it's redundant with no other cars using them.

Single screen fps with 770 is as good as triple on 980ti. But feels very strange without full field of view on 3 screens, and I will blame it in my poor performance :) as otherwise it is difficult for me to understand why such deficit in this car. I did stall and gone a bit slow/off in the stadium splash section, but maybe 7 seconds lost to that, but I'm waaaaaay off from current front runners : (

Edited by frapster

I'm using a gtx670 and I have to run DR on low settings since going to 3 x  24 inch.  I was faster on my single 27inch 1440 monitor that I had on high. 

I need a new card but I'm holding off until the new cards are out. 

my rig: dfgt pro wheel with moded microsoft xbox 360 pedals and 32'samsung tv.

pc:i3 2100 with gtx750ti(custom bios) 8gig ram

nothing fancy but does the job runs dirt on a mix of high to ultra at 60fps happy days:-D:-D:-D

The League it is down.. again! so i cannot check the daily results

I manage to recruit several people that are not visiting often the forum,   but that chase is not over:-D

@waynne Your skill really amaze me considering your hardware setup and I guess you are using digital handbrake..

i used a DFGT for a week in my trip to Toronto with a single 19 monitor  and not a chance to be competitive.

Just went straight into it on standard setup, scoob, bit rash in retrospect spent a bit more time sorting out my setup for the mini today so hopefully a bit more competitive.

p.s forgot about the stratos did ok there.

Edited by dynt

Indeed. the mini is fun, esp with porkhammer's setup for monaco, although i did bump and bounce off the rocks and walls a few times, still only 5 secs behind you, our resident alien :)
I still am thoroughly hating the lack of my 3 screens, but looks like it's gonna be my only option next few weeks, so might as well try and get used to it :)

ooh, forgot to add - the polished wooden classic rim i used for mini run, managed to almost completely rip off the outer layer of silicone grips on my new sparco gloves, in a single 3 minute session :). highly unpleasant feeling of those silicone grips on polished wood/metal/leather, but the other sparco pair with silicone removed using silicone eater cannot grip on this surface at all, so a double ended sword

Edited by frapster

Single screen fps with 770 is as good as triple on 980ti. But feels very strange without full field of view on 3 screens, and I will blame it in my poor performance :) as otherwise it is difficult for me to understand why such deficit in this car. I did stall and gone a bit slow/off in the stadium splash section, but maybe 7 seconds lost to that, but I'm waaaaaay off from current front runners : (

you should have np what so ever using a 770 with a triple setup, i use a 7850 with a triple and the center monitor is a ultra wide using 2560x1080, turn of ground cover all ambient settings weather particles etc and you should get 45-50fps

p.s your wheel collection may require you to partake in some professional help :)

Edited by dynt

thanks for the tip mate. I did wonder, but then thought - i struggled on trips with 2x770, so thought it ain't worth it, but i think most my 2x770 problems came when sli would malfunction. I shall try, cheers

Edited by frapster