ISRTV Daily DiRT Rally League
6 6

742 posts in this topic

Brats!!

I had the setup (home made) and the potentials to pass DYNT  but it did not happen:x

Hitting a couple of walls did not help:shock:, but I am super happy anyway.

@waynne You are on...Fire!

I installed my 2 new lateral Dell monitors that are finally the same as the central and what a difference with the el chipo Acer(piece of garbage)!

My 7950 not overclocked run them at 6000x1080  at 60fps avg  with some eye candy turned off.:-D

Apologies to everyone expecting car tuning to be available next few daily stages events, but something seems to have gone wrong in my setup for the remaining events here and they appear to have lost tuning. Either that, or I did somehow borked it up, even though I do remember verifying each one of them.

Last time it was actually a game update that broke online events veh tuning, so possibly same cause, but I'll hold my hand up if it was me

Edited by frapster

Apologies to everyone expecting car tuning to be available next few daily stages events, but something seems to have gone wrong in my setup for the remaining events here and they appear to have lost tuning. Either that, or I did somehow borked it up, even though I do remember verifying each one of them.

Last time it was actually a game update that broke online events veh tuning, so possibly same cause, but I'll hold my hand up if it was me

No problem M8, nevertheless I really enjoy playing with setups and believe it is a must , this way it make it less time consuming and we all are in the same boat!

Edited by TurboTurtle

for some reason I expected a new location, like Japan to appear, I really don't know why I did. But I guess not :(

Luckily I'm on 1GB connection, so that's the least of my worries :)
I hate the new BG menu video

Edited by frapster

for some reason I expected a new location, like Japan to appear, I really don't know why I did. But I guess not :(

nope just new cars :/ it seems like a lot of these sim racing games aren't focusing enough on tracks and locations these days, Dirt rally needed a few more locations to make it a "complete" game for the console in my eyes, Australia would have been cool. I hope they continue to add things to the game even if it is DLC  

it is a real pity but today i am out of business due the download that is not happening:x:x

My connection is a 10m and normally it is plenty fast for me.

My pc was on since last night and keep queuing and reschedule the download.

I tried to change location, disable download throttling , reboot routers switches and pc, same crap and i dont know what to do anymore.

if you have ideas please share

Edited by TurboTurtle

In the end, as I already told TT - I went to triple screens, having disabled/set to low most gfx bells and whistles and it runs surprisingly well, even if ugly. some frame drops at night/rain and certain bottlenecked parts of stages, but doable...

Today's greece event was a blast, but was on a faster time, lost a few sect finding gears in hairpins, as as usual I struggle with h-pattern on the left and this event/car had  very rapid shifting, which pumped my adrenaline high when i was running the stage, i felt possessed :)
Shame again about the loss of setups, I'll make sure next week is set properly.
Be sure to see a lot of newcomer cars featured next week. I'm having such a blast in the Alpine - it's sooooo much faster than the other two, and it's w/o any upgrades yet! in Finland at least. I managed 25th worldwide, of course before everyone had a go with that car :D running custom championship to upgrade the car

rs 200 is truly horrible on standard setup, got away with such a lot on this run many wee offs and much bouncing off scenery, took every hairpin absolute perfect which basically saved me.

Yesterdays update proved problematical i had everything squeezed on a 64 gig ssd, but the new 17 gig update was never gonna fit, so i had to mirror the set up to a standard 128 gig hard drive i had around then update. 

Pos.     Name Vehicle Time Diff 1st
1   1.jpg D.Y.N.T. Ford RS200 0 6:03.768 --
2   86.jpgFounder frapster Ford RS200 0 6:16.801 +00:13.033
3   40.jpgFounder ficaks Ford RS200 0 6:21.168 +00:17.400
4   75.jpgFounder Old5uy Ford RS200 0 6:40.650 +00:36.882
5   4.jpgFounder axeflex23 Ford RS200 0 6:45.017 +00:41.249
6   57.jpgFounder waynnewilliams Ford RS200 0 6:48.584 +00:44.816
Edited by frapster

Halfway through a run... MAJOR LEFT FOOT "ARCH" CRAMP! ...had to pause immediately to get it to stop (and wipe tears from my eyes)...

resume ...and CRASH! ...and then CRASH again.

Gave up. Retired.

Oh well, maybe next event.

Edited by ApexVGear

today I was doing a very nice clean run in sweden and, when the coo-driver say "finish" i hit a freaking snow bank on the right and did a 270 at  20 mt from the finish line and lost many seconds..try to image my reaction.

Bummer!!

(Edited:) congrats DYNT for a splendid 3:27!

Edited by TurboTurtle

did i mention that I hate Sweden (not the country, just the stages)? and being the owner of this league one woul;d have hoped I should never see another Swedish stage again, but picked this, grrr

2:27? I guess 3:27? Can't imagine it done in a 1.5 minutes quicker than me, however bad my run was

Edited by frapster

On 05/04/2016 at 1:27 PM, frapster said:

Apparently it was my fault. Auto-clicking setups for last 4 event stages, I inadvertently clicked the wrong checkbox instead of tuning - checkpoint, which is completely redundant and caused TT an issue with that exit and save option. Apologies again, I'll verify next 7 days season, due to start tomorrow

New set of events is now submitted, for week/season2 of this league

As a league should be ruled with an iron fist (ok, with a few exceptions :)), I'll stick to format I like the most and dictate it stays like this, unless there's enough substantial criticism.
Next week/season is running on long stages only, in varying weather, but i did try to pick through some cars suitability for each day and location.
If anyone has any complaints or concerns, please shout before it starts.
There was some oddness with event start overlapping, so it will begin an hour later tomorrow only.

Edited by frapster

11 minutes ago, TurboTurtle said:

All good for me, but forchetta curva (in italian) it is short..

i am fine with that but you have the iron glove! 

well picked on that, I forgot :)
yes, since we have 6 locations but 7 days, i had to repeat one location, so opted for greece, but decided to do one shortie

I will one week pick a single stage for all different cars, that could be a fun/special week
EDIT: hmm, after some thought, i think 1 day a week it should be RX or PP event, with PP being my preference.

Edited by frapster

The idea quickly became a conviction, so Sundays now will be Pikes Peaks and possibly RX days, while the rest 6 days are for normal rallies. I will vary event locations per country for 6 locations the game has at the moment

Edited by frapster

1 hour ago, frapster said:

The idea quickly became a conviction, so Sundays now will be Pikes Peaks and possibly RX days, while the rest 6 days are for normal rallies. I will vary event locations per country for 6 locations the game has at the moment

I sort of would like to point out this is the  ISRTV Daily DiRT Rally League no mention of hill climb or rally cross :)

15 minutes ago, dynt said:

I sort of would like to point out this is the  ISRTV Daily DiRT Rally League no mention of hill climb or rally cross :)

It is a  "Dirt Rally" league, but not necessarily restricted to rallying.
If there are such objections, I will remove it for next week, but keep it for this one, to get some feedback. Maybe put it to a vote
I thought you yourself voted for non-rally events in last poll, right? Albeit it was for RX :)
if it was a so-so idea to include non-rallying, please share your thoughts guys, I might be a bit too dictatorial in my decisions. I [personally don't really mind/like non-rally myself

Edited by frapster

1 hour ago, frapster said:

It is a  "Dirt Rally" league, but not necessarily restricted to rallying.
If there are such objections, I will remove it for next week, but keep it for this one, to get some feedback. Maybe put it to a vote
I thought you yourself voted for non-rally events in last poll, right? Albeit it was for RX :)
if it was a so-so idea to include non-rallying, please share your thoughts guys, I might be a bit too dictatorial in my decisions. I [personally don't really mind/like non-rally myself

I am sure others will like it Sunday is a day of rest any way :)

Friday splits if no one else enters in the remaining hour or so

1   1.jpg D.Y.N.T. Peugeot 306 Maxi     05:49.102 --
2   86.jpgFounder frapster Peugeot 306 Maxi 05:55.052    +00:05.950
3   4.jpgFounder axeflex23 Peugeot 306 Maxi 06:05.302 +00:16.200
4   40.jpgFounder ficaks Peugeot 306 Maxi 06:07.901 +00:18.799
5   9.jpgFounder TurboTurtle Peugeot 306 Maxi 06:15.218 +00:26.116
6   2.jpgFounder Quirkitized Peugeot 306 Maxi 06:15.668 +00:26.566
7   14.jpgFounder karik_FIN_134 Peugeot 306 Maxi 06:19.985 +00:30.883
8   75.jpgFounder Old5uy Peugeot 306 Maxi 06:38.550 +00:49.448
9   2.jpgFounder Dew Peugeot 306 Maxi 07:03.783 +01:14.681
10   2.jpgFounder SpatialDragon Peugeot 306 Maxi 07:40.281 +01:51.179
Edited by frapster