Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

T300 dual TH8A

3 posts in this topic

Hi!

I just bought T300 Ferrari Integral Racing Wheel Alcantara Edition for my PS4 and I'm waiting for my TH8A shifter to arrive.

I was wondering if you can connect 2 TH8A my Thrustmaster T300. One I want to use as a gearshifter and the other as the handbrake in analog mode.
I don´t want to mod my wheel because I don't want to void the warranty.

When I only have a PS / 2 port, I thought that you could buy a splitter to this. Has someone tried this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-com-IBM-PS-2-Keyboard-Mouse-Y-Splitter-Cable-6-inch-/380542202287?hash=item589a1531af:g:aRMAAOSwPe1UIsXk

If this isnt possible, I would like to get other suggestions on how to get a handbrake and gearshift to the steering wheel without soldering or moding it.

The TH8A Shifter comes with 2 cables to choose your set up.  One is USB to the PS.  This allows your shifter to work as either a gated, sequential or hand brake.   You choose this within the game mode when you are mapping your controls, and if used as a hand brake it allows the paddles to be used as shifters.  That is currently how I have mine set up.  The other cable is limited, it plugs directly into the wheel base and is mostly limited to shifting and from what I have experienced, it does not allow for use as a hand brake.  It basically become the L1 and L2 button and there by making your paddle shifters useless. 

Bottom line.. if you have two TH8A, and each one plugged into the different ports as listed above. The USB to PS would be dedicated to handbrake and the 2nd shifter plugged into the wheel base would allow for shifting.  But I only have one and cant confirm if both were hooked up at the same time.