Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Liberty City Mod for Rfactor

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Ever since i saw the vice City tracks by dzsezi on RFC i have been dreaming about converting GTA4's Liberty city to Rfactor. I am going to give it a go myself despite never having made a mod before i will try.

I think it is possible to run a large map as a track after reading on a forum, that Draw distances are adjustable for R-factor tracks. Somebody please correct me if i am mistaken.

What i have done so far is export small parts of the map and open them in z-modeler as wdr.files. I have only managed to find individual building's and small section's of road, and when i try to merge them together they all center at 0,0,0 co-ordinates and do not join as they should. How can i merge the city back together?. I am assuming their is a file that govern's all the 3d models and textures and puts them where they should be. The other thing was, None of the model's appear with their textures so the textures must be separate.

I don't expect to be able to do this by myself, I am just trying to put the idea out their, so if anybody want's to get involved they will be very welcome. I don't care who get's the credit's for this one, i just want to drive in liberty city with a Historix shelby cobra :)

Hi all,

Ever since i saw the vice City tracks by dzsezi on RFC i have been dreaming about converting GTA4's Liberty city to Rfactor. I am going to give it a go myself despite never having made a mod before i will try.

I think it is possible to run a large map as a track after reading on a forum, that Draw distances are adjustable for R-factor tracks. Somebody please correct me if i am mistaken.

What i have done so far is export small parts of the map and open them in z-modeler as wdr.files. I have only managed to find individual building's and small section's of road, and when i try to merge them together they all center at 0,0,0 co-ordinates and do not join as they should. How can i merge the city back together?. I am assuming their is a file that govern's all the 3d models and textures and puts them where they should be. The other thing was, None of the model's appear with their textures so the textures must be separate.

I don't expect to be able to do this by myself, I am just trying to put the idea out their, so if anybody want's to get involved they will be very welcome. I don't care who get's the credit's for this one, i just want to drive in liberty city with a Historix shelby cobra :)

Hi Mate,

Have a look at Coffs Harbour Track, it's basically a drive through the Town of Coffs Harbour in Australia.

It shows it can be done, but to be honest you may run into trouble stealing the GTA 4 Models without getting the OK