Open Sim Racing Store - Now open
5 5

52 posts in this topic

It's been a crazy weekend. 

There was a lot of emails asking what the total project cost would be all said in done. So we had to sit down and just go some spreadsheet work all weekend. 

These are some of the most budget friendly rigs on the market if you're willing to do some DIY. The Evolution Super Sport seems to be our golden standard because of it's exquisite design by Steve. 

let me know if you have any questions. I'm Calvin at [email protected]

CornerPlateRig_41f24f5f-0826-4fb1-b653-8

Project Cost: $1340

FrontLeft3QuarterMDF8020RigMonitor_large

Project Cost: $745

FrontLeft3Quarter8020MinimalistRig_3ede3

Project Cost: $875

Hey guys,

I just wanted to show off some pics of the MDF 8020 rig as a finished product with carbon fiber wrap. The seat is from a evo 10! just some ideas to show how far DIY designs can go. It's really not that hard! 

5noOkBf.jpg

s1EJeyb.jpg

xBcPJj1.jpg

Edited by clvnng

Just want to chime in here in case any new members stumble upon this thread and consider purchasing through open sim rigs.

steve doesn't really need to be vouched for, his rep in the forum is great but want to mention that any work Steve has ever done for me has totally exceeded my expectations. i would never hesitate to purchase a kit from this website if Steve is attached to it, I'm sure Calvin is good shit too.

A sincere thank you Tsfc.

Calvin is a good guy, and I have really enjoyed working with him over the last few months. I look forward to working with more Sim Racers who enjoy designing parts and posting them on the OSR site.

Below shows our first keyboard plate & mouse plate to mount to 8020 articulated arms. 

KeyboardAndMouseTray2.jpgKeyboardAndMouseTray.jpg

1 hour ago, Tsfc said:

Just want to chime in here in case any new members stumble upon this thread and consider purchasing through open sim rigs.

steve doesn't really need to be vouched for, his rep in the forum is great but want to mention that any work Steve has ever done for me has totally exceeded my expectations. i would never hesitate to purchase a kit from this website if Steve is attached to it, I'm sure Calvin is good shit too.

thanks so much!

Like you guys, I've been drooling over Steve's designs for a while on the forums. I'm very lucky to get to work with him and now realize how much time he puts into designing things. He's a designing machine!

We're working on a couple products right now and hope to get them out to you guys asap. *hint hint sub $350 carbon fiber wheel button box w/ magnetic shifters. 

Update March 14, 2016

So we found out there is quiet the demand for FULL KITS Shipped. We have been working with 8020 and have secured a 10% off discount for all 8020 aluminum extrusion. We also sell connectors which are the same quality as 8020 for roughly 50% off.

If you are interested in some of the build kits but don't want to get involved in ordering 8020, cutting it to length, tapping it, etc. give us a call and we can get you a quote on the full package shipped to your door, ready to assemble.

when you go to the build kits some of the packages have ESTIMATED PROJECT COST. This will be roughly the total price when all said and done, but it varies depending on where 8020 has to ship. Send us an email at [email protected] and let us know which build kit you're intersted in and we can get you a quote.

Calvin

We've just added a new electronic hardware section to our website, now you can purchase everything you need for your DIY button plate and wheel project all in one place: https://opensimracing.com/collections/electronic-hardware

Remember if you struggle with DIY then we can build you a complete ready to race wheel or button plate at very competitive prices with no compromises in quality.

Here's some photos of a project we have recently finished for a customer.

This button plate includes our very own OSR EVO 1 magnetic shifters which are now available from our website.

OSR-March-1.png.2752c5f66a4aa2eae309cd061fdcd934.png

OSR-March-2.png.19796ad98e477c46f98f33d89b861bc4.png

OSR-March-3.png.4d950b29297eeb441937f77bc53f1ed4.png

OSR-March-4.png.c279dd5cb6a5fd4fecbf8cee390c56a2.png

Edited by UNKLE

20 hours ago, Elcid43 said:

What does this go for?

This spec of cable with everything you see in the photo we are planning to sell at about $45 US

Edited by UNKLE

Do you have any good mounting options on the wheel when you dont have a backplate ? Now i have the usb cabel hardmounted to the wheel. But whuld realy like to have it mounted with a cabel like that. 

11 hours ago, GeniFx said:

Do you have any good mounting options on the wheel when you dont have a backplate ? Now i have the usb cabel hardmounted to the wheel. But whuld realy like to have it mounted with a cabel like that. 

For those who don't wish to purchase an enclosure with a plate then we have a spacer solution to mount the controller board inside that goes behind the front plate rather than using an additional backplate: https://opensimracing.com/collections/adapters-spacers/products/circuit-mount-spacer

We are also in the process of making a paddle shifter mounting plate for those who don't want an enclosure.  If you send us an email with what you have in mind then we can work something out with you. [email protected]

Edited by UNKLE