Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(Closed) For Sale: Basherboards CPX Adapter

10 posts in this topic

Listing No Longer Active

EDIT: I have learned today that there is no longer an extended wait for the CPX adapter directly through Basherboards.com. In lieu of this fact I will no longer be asking beyond retail for my adapter. I apologize for the misinformation, I was not aware at the time of posting that the wait time for this adapter was no longer an issue, otherwise the price would have been somewhere below retail instead of above. I wanted to make sure I edited my post so anyone who looks at the thread knows that I am no longer expecting the price listed and also to inform those interested that the CPX Adapter is now available without an extended wait. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. If anyone would like to purchase this adapter feel free to shoot me an offer. For now I will enjoy having it in my Basherboards collection along with my SFA1 and T500 Brake Bushing Mod :)  

Hey guys and girls, I have just received a brand new CPX adapter in the mail today. This CPX was ordered on June 18th 2015 and was ready for purchase on January 1st 2016. I finally got around to paying the remaining balance (after the initial down payment back in June) a week or two ago and the adapter arrived today. At the time I ordered the adapter I thought I would use it but I now run a Fanatec base as my main wheel instead of my T500. I have been buying a lot of gear lately and thought I would sell something to compensate.

As you can see from the pictures I have not even opened the package from USPS. You are welcome to confirm with the tracking info that the package did in fact arrive today (actually yesterday since its after midnight here on the East Coast) and you can see the Basherboards return address on the package. This is the adapter with whatever cables are included (I believe it is a USB cable and a cable for going from the adapter to a Thrustmaster base). I did not elect to purchase the PS2 cable so you will need a cable to connect your pedals to the adapter. One should have come with your Fanatec pedals. As far as I know, this adapter will also work with the V3 pedals, however there will be no adjustment for gas pedal vibration.

I would prefer to open the package just to test the adapter before I ship it out, I have a T500 and a couple sets of Fanatec pedals I can test with. I will wait until I have a buyer before opening and testing the adapter and would be willing to make a video of me opening the package shown in the pics and testing the adapter if necessary. I can also provide the buyer with the transaction number that basherboards gave me as well as the emails I got at the time of ordering and at the time the adapter was ready for purchase.

EDIT: There is no longer an extended wait for the CPX adapter from Basherboards.com.

I'm confused, what are these posts about lol?!? Are either of you looking for an CPX adapter? If so, this one is still available, but I would not expect as much payment as I was asking in this ad since the CPX is available within a week from Basherboards.com now. Please let me know what's going on here lol. Thanks, Seth.

$80 shipped wasn't bad back when there was a long wait, since they were going for that much or more when the wait to get one new was long. As soon as I realized there was no longer a wait I edited the add because I wasn't going to charge more for something that was now readily available, that wouldn't be fair. I just never got around to re-posting it for a lower price. I edited the post to reflect the current situation and kind of forgot about it until those two weird posts came tonight.

Maybe im strange, but to me, being part of a community doesnt mean trying to make a fast buck out of other peoples mis-fortune.if id paid 60 bucks for something which other people wanted and that i had no need for id sell it on at the same price, id feel ashamed not to.

I was not taking advantage of anyone. The CPX adapters were selling here for $80 when there was a wait. That is what I based my price off of. That and the fact that people were charging over 100 elsewhere. I wasn't trying to make a "fast buck" as 6 months is hardly fast to make $20 before shipping. There is value in having something immediately as opposed to several months later, and in demand items tend to bring in a little more. If I was trying to take advantage of the community I wouldn't have edited the post to make it clear that there was no longer a wait, and that I would no longer be expecting $80 for the item because of the fact that it was now available quickly. For the previous year (estimated) there was a long wait on this item, and many people still don't know there is not a wait. If I wanted to take advantage I would have left the post as is and waited for some poor sucker to come along and pay $80 thinking there was still a long wait. But again, thats not what I did.

All I did was ask a price that was in line with what others were asking when supply did not meet demand for this item. As soon as supply was no longer an issue, I stopped asking for a few bucks extra, and made it very clear that the item was readily available from basher. There have been times I have happily paid a bit extra for an item that was not easily obtainable.

My CPX is still available for anyone who would like to make an offer, this is stated within my other listing for the SFA1 adapter which I am offering shipped for $25 under retail. Given that the CPX is regularly available now I wouldn't even expect $60. Even though it is new why would someone pay me $60 when they could go directly through the manufacturer for that price and get one just as fast. I would expect a bit less than retail now that there is no wait.

Furthermore, I am not taking advantage of anyone's "miss-fortune", that doesn't even apply to this scenario. What "miss-fortune" is involved here? Nobody is suffering due to some unfortunate circumstance and being charged a premium to end their suffering. There is no "miss-fortune" to take advantage of. To say I am taking advantage of peoples "miss-fortune" is inaccurate. Maybe if I was charging this much to someone who didn't know it was available quickly for less that would be taking advantage, and I suppose that would be unfortunate for the unknowing buyer, but again I did not and would not ever do that.

I don't know why this is even still being discussed. There is no longer a wait and as a result my CPX can be purchased for less. I very clearly and concisely explained the entire situation in my op. I only did this because I have a conscience and I felt bad that I asked $80 even for just one day when I didn't know there was no longer a wait for the CPX.

I am sorry you are so offended by this, but I was only fallowing suit. Again, the item was listed for this price for 1 day before being edited. Obviously I realized the price was no longer reasonable and I edited accordingly.