T500 STICKER SET
1 1

11 posts in this topic

First of all i would like to introduce myself,

i'm new to this forum but have been watching the show and sim racing for quite a few years now. recently i purchased a t500rs, and i absolutely love it. My friend who happens to be a graphic designer/ print technician and also has a thrustmaster tx wheel noted how nice the standard gt rim for the t500rs is. I also like the feeling of the standard gt rim but it does look a little bland. a few days later my friend came up with the idea of creating a vinyl sticker set for the wheel and personally i love the result. we are thinking of creating a couple of variations for the stock t500 rim  and doing a couple of other thrustmaster wheels, like redoing the Ferrari f1 wheel. I've also just received my steel series srw-s1 wheel which i am modding to be used with the t500rs, so a sticker set for this could also be a possibility. so the purpose of this thread is to Gage interest, see if this would be a product people are willing to buy. how many of you use the stock rim?  my friend actually purchased a second hand one to put on his tx.

the set would include all the button stickers, two center horn stickers (one the exact size of the horn section as you see it, and one that's bigger so the Alan key bolts can be removed and the sticker wrapped round the horn press for a better finish) and the yellow tape style sticker for the center mark. Here are just 2 examples, we are planning more and different wheels. I have no idea what the price and availability would be yet, as i just want to Gage interest. 

here are a few pictures, sorry for the poor quality.

12659745_10153284983090264_942528643_n.jpg

12665671_10153284982955264_943309467_n.jpg

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

12650571_10153284986590264_820187625_n.jpg

Edited by john murphy

I love the idea, and it looks really neat. Do you consider doing stickers for the Logitech wheels as well? (I have a G29)

We're open to ideas and different wheels. I've just got rid of my g27 so test fitting might be an issue but I'm sure if you could provide some pictures with away to measure the scale, I,e a ruler or tape measure in the shot.

I still use the stock rim. Nice work on these, they look pretty cool. You may want to consider adding additional choices so more stickers than there are buttons. That will allow people to pick / use the ones they have mapped already. 

On 04/03/2016 at 9:46 PM, Daohaus said:

are you still making these?  I dont like looking at the "TM" horn button and would like to have some labels as well.

We haven't stopped or started making them yet mate. Just gauging interest, more designs will be uploaded in the next week or so then we will see how much interest we get. 

On 3/5/2016 at 3:56 PM, john murphy said:

We haven't stopped or started making them yet mate. Just gauging interest, more designs will be uploaded in the next week or so then we will see how much interest we get. 

I certainly have an interest - Looks Great - I like the more stickers mapped idea as well