Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help needed - Mod cars

4 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Just getting back in Asseto Corsa.

I've added a few mods for Tracks and they work successfully.

But when I've added cars, I have some issues.

Basically I can start a race or practice session, I'm in the car, but cannot change out of neutral or change gears.
If I select a car from within the game that isn't a mod, change no controller settings, everything works fine.

I've tested a few Mod Cars and this happens with all of them

I'm using Fanatec CSW V2 and Fanatec Shifter.

Any suggestions?

In Assetto Corsa, it seems that cars can be "locked" to operate the way their real-world counterparts would--I'm not totally sure about that, but from experience, that seems to be the case. Personally, I think it's a good thing.

I have three different saved controller configurations: Paddle, Sequential Stick, and H-Pattern with Clutch. I have to remember to load the correct configuration that "matches" the car before launching into an event. Often, if I have a car loaded with manual shifting, but I forgot to change from the paddle setup, I can't put the car into gear. I have to back out and load the correct configuration.

I don't know why many of the current sims (AC, Project CARS) won't let you change or edit your controller config after you've loaded an event. That's one of my pet peeves about some titles.

I also forgot... the automatic clutch setting can cause problems with some cars, like it screws up actually using the clutch.

When I'm using AC, I get in the habit of checking the loaded controller settings and the clutch setting before loading an event.

Thanks for that.

All sorted, some cars like the H pattern shifter, some sequential.

I also got V8 Super Cars working, had to change the wing.ini file from a car that does work, and then apply a sound patch.

Only thing to sort out, is going down a straight the steering kind of wiggles left and right about 5 degrees in each direction, basically it's hard to keep the car straight.