Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

netkar 1.3 beta is out now

10 posts in this topic

http://www.netkar-pro.com/main/

Most notable are the new tire model, plus the Vintage GT , the Osella PA21s hillclimber, and the 17km Trento-Bondone Hillclimb Course.

Full release notes here:

Release note

Graphics

- New shaders

- Improved track textures (Aosta)

- Improved tyre lighting

Gameplay

- Weather conditions

- Puddles

- Tarmac reflections

- Thunder and lightning effects

Physics

- New Tyre model

Multiplayer

- Reduced server CPU usage when idle

- Added "Damage Level" setting

Additional contents

.Classic GT Vintage

.Osella PA21-S

.Trento-Bondone Hillclimb Course

Hi,

Indeed it is out and those two cars, the new hill climb track and rain are really great additions.

1.3 beta is a bit unstable online, but I am sure they will solve that soon.

14.9 € is really a great bargain for such a great sim.

If using Windows 7, this problem can be solved by running netkar pro in Vista SP2 compatibility mode and chosing "Disable visual themes" and "Disable dekstop composition"

1.3 is still beta, and I am sure this problem will be solved for final 1.3

I just checked the website and saw it up! I'm so happy! Downloading now. I've been anticipating this more than GT5 or any other game (save MK9 and Skyrim).

Time to hook my wheel back. I haven't sim raced in a while. I need to recover from the overly casual and unchallenging experience that was Burnout Paradise.

I just purchased this beta 1.3.

I do hope the finished product is a lot better, the graphics seem to discolor a lot, kinda like the game has trouble drawing the scenery fast enough.

Also, would you guys know where I can get tracks for this, I found a site, it had my favorite track (Laguna Seca) but the file was a .exe, I downloaded it, ran the .exe and it installed all the stuff in the proper folders it seems but when I get in the Sim, Laguna Seca doesn't show on the track list, the other two tracks I downloaded were .rar files and I had to un-rar the files manually to the proper folders, these two track do show in the track list in the Sim.

I would very much like to get Laguna Seca working however.

This Sim has great potential, I know it's been around a while, very much looking forward to see what it turns out like once it's out of Beta and bugs are fixed.

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

http://www.gpchampionship.com/phpBB3/vi ... f=5&t=6531

There you go sir :) And dlownload Monaco as well. My personal favorite track. I hope someone ports Autumn Ring 2011 soon.

What are you talking about as far as the graphics? I thought the new shaders made it look more like a game now :)

Anyways it's quite playable right now, make sure you got the latest patch that fixes the 1.3 issues.

This and Life for Speed are the most fun sims I have right now. Maybe after iRacing gets a new tire model I'll give that a go.

Hi FoxZero.

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't know there was a patch for NetKarPro beta 1.3, I'll look into it when I get a chance.

I'm running NetKar in 5760x1080 in Eyefinity mode, some tracks have graphic discoloration in example at places the sky textures appear on the tarmac in the near distance. I did download Monaco, same problem there, the slow graphic drawing speed makes the track impossible to drive. Some tracks are worst than others. Maybe the update patch will fix this. I do like this sim, I especially like the quality of the sounds as compared to most other sims out there including iRacing.

I know it's not my computer causing the graphics problem since I get right around 100 fps in iRacing in the same resolution, and all other sims work fine (rFactor, Race07 and add on packs, Dirt 2 and so on.

Again, thanks for the info.

Take care

I'm seeing known of that. Everything looks fine on my end. Of course I'm playing on a single 11 year old CRT monitor. As I recall people have complained about mKPro having issues with triple head setups. My advice is try it with a single monitor and see if the issues persist, after you try the patch first of course.

Yeah the sounds of the Shelby is pretty convincing. Makes me want a new headphone amp to bring out the bass! Can you believe a year ago they were almost as bad as LFS sounds? I believe Kunos switch from digitized sounds to layered samples. Something like that :lol:

LOL.....

In ISR's review of Eyefinity, they said.... once you try triple screen, it's hard to go back to single screens, this is where I'm at. If a sim doesn't support triple screens, I really don't need to play it. This is what happened with RBR, I bought it, installed it, no triple screen support.... uninstalled it and shelved it.

I enjoy triple screens just too much to go back to a single screen.

nkPro does support it since it does list the proper resolutions for a triple screen setup.

As you said, the patch might fix this, if not, the finished (out of Beta) product should.

Take care