Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wheel imput and FFB issue

7 posts in this topic

I want so badly to enjoy using Rfactor 2 as one of my main sims but I have this very random but continuous problem that I can't seem to get rid of. Sometimes it will work great for a while and then other times it does it from the start of me launching the game. I have done a bunch of research and i have all my settings for my TX base set to exactly what is recomended. When it is working correctly the FFB and physics feel amazing.

My issue that happens more times then not is all of a sudden the FFB and turning input will just die on me. Its really random but sometimes it turns to the right fine but turning the wheel to the left will go all the way to the stop without ever turning the car in the sim. Then all of the sudden it will like realize i have the wheel turned and it jerks the car to the left and spins around. So hard to explain but it has like empty spots.Other times it will take much more of a rotation to turn the car one direction then it does to turn to the other. And only sometimes. It is not track or car specific. I have checked over and over again. This is such a stupid problem to have and i cant find any info of what it could be. Please someone tell me what I have going on. And just to note, none of my other sims do this. It has only happened on this title. Also its not clipping because i have it on low ffb settings. It is really weird and it's driving me crazy. Please help!

I think in the controller mapping options you can map a button to reset FFB, it could be under the MISC tab.

Try finding this and then using it when your wheel fails FFB to see if it helps reboot it on the fly, the sim may stutter for a fraction of a second.

I sometimes have to do this with Game Stock Car so have a button mapped in RF2 as well just in case.

Jason.

3 hours ago, jisonga said:

I think in the controller mapping options you can map a button to reset FFB, it could be under the MISC tab.

Try finding this and then using it when your wheel fails FFB to see if it helps reboot it on the fly, the sim may stutter for a fraction of a second.

I sometimes have to do this with Game Stock Car so have a button mapped in RF2 as well just in case.

Jason.

Thanks Jason. Yeah I had already mapped that button to one on my wheel. it doesnt seem to fix the problem. Even if it did the game would still be unplayable because it happens so often. Sucks because I have really enjoyed the physics when it is working correctly!

Ok mate, well it was worth a try.

I use Fanatec gear so don't know much else that could help apart from making sure you have the latest drivers and firmware for the wheel.

Try another USB port and make sure it's a USB2 not 3 one as they can cause some problems sometimes with certain hardware.

Jason.

2 hours ago, jisonga said:

Ok mate, well it was worth a try.

I use Fanatec gear so don't know much else that could help apart from making sure you have the latest drivers and firmware for the wheel.

Try another USB port and make sure it's a USB2 not 3 one as they can cause some problems sometimes with certain hardware.

Jason.

Thanks for help Jason, I actually just ended up completely uninstalling the game all together. I had purchased before it was available through steam so i'm not sure if it was the latest version or no. But I wiped it clean and then just got a new version a little earlier off steam. I have not had much seat time yet, but so far it seems to be working great! I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope it stays working well. Thanks again!

10 hours ago, jisonga said:

Let's hope you are now good to go as RF2 is a cracking sim.

Jason.

Man so I think reinstalling the steam version did the trick. I can not say enough how much i am enjoying this sim! My ass pure hurts because I have barely gotten out of my rig since yesterday lol