Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GIMPs ENB Setups

2 posts in this topic

I just uploaded an update to my ENB setups for RFactor/RBR/GTR2/etc.. These make use of ENB Series abilities, but tweaked to actually improve these games graphics, not just add huge amounts of over saturated bloom.

***NEW VERSION IS AVAILABLE***

I just uploaded a new version with presets for GTR2, Richard Burns Rally, RFactor, Left 4 Dead 1/2, and Fallout 3. They all have updated palette textures and tweaked settings. Most of them now have not quite so much bloom, and is more adaptable to lighting now (meaning if person is looking at bright sky, the bloom with lessen automatically to prevent player from being blinded by too much bloom). Performance should be a little better too.

Download here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20061786 ... s_0_90_rar

A couple youtube videos have been uploaded. Unfortunately, youtube butchers my videos, and detail in the road surface is lost greatly in the video, but looks much better when running in person.

***OLD VERSION***

http://www.filefront.com/17904777/GIMPs ... _0.89.rar/

Here is an image or Richard Burns Rally with my setup.

gimps_enb_setups_089_scr01_by_dragontech22-d39g25r.jpg

Readme:

Ver 0.90 3/4/2011

These are specific setups designed to make the most of ENB Series graphical filter to improve the visuals of some older game engines.

The main folder is racing, and is my setups using rFactor, Richard Burns Rally, and GTR2. These are my personal setups, and were made on my TV (LCD HDTV), and even though I tried to make sure my TV settings were as neutral as possible, there is the possibility that your monitor may have slightly different color/contrast/saturation.

I have made 3 different setups for racing this time, and will attempt to tweak these a bit in the future to get each sim the best I can. While these are the settings I like to use, each person has there own tastes, so if you find that the setup your using has too much or too little bloom, then open the enbseries.ini and change the following line:

BloomPowerDay=

Lower the number to lessen bloom, raise it to make bloom more powerful (as name suggests).

If you think the colors are too saturated, or not enough, change the following lines together:

ColorSaturationDay=-

ColorSaturationNight=-

Keep the "-" negative sign in front of the number, and lower the number for more color saturation, or rais the number for less color saturation. I would suggest not going past -1, or it will get really cartoony looking, and anything past -3 will start looking almost black and white. You can also use decimals as I have (for example: -2.5 is valid).

*******Installation: Just copy the contents of one of the folders (not the folder itself, but the 3 files inside it), or one of the setups in the Extras folder, into the base directory of the game where the main executable file is. Don't copy the folder itself, just the 3 files in it.

(Example: if your Rfactor executable is at "C:\Program Files\RFactor\"

then put the files there. An easy way to find your executable is to right click on your shortcut, then click "open file location" from the menu, or if your using a Steam game, then go to your steam folder, then Steam Apps\Common\"Game name here")

******Uninstallation: Just remove the same files you put into the folder and your done.

I've used these files for a number of games, including: Richard Burns Rally, RFactor, GTR2, Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead 2, The Witcher, and a few others that I don't have setups made for yet (but the ENB Series works on lots of DX9 games, just try it out to see. I will continue to tweak and work at improving settings and Pallet Textures for a few other games that I think could use a little graphics update, and may release future versions of my setups with improvements or additional setups for specific games.

Per the author of ENB's request, The original file I downloaded from his website is included in the Archive. Please see his readme for further details on how to use ENB further.

Also, the reason I am using the HL2 version, is because the RBR version needs a DX10 video card, and I didn't want to exclude anyone who didn't have a DX10 card. I also did not use any of the other effects because they often did not work correctly in all situations of any one game, and just assumed to leave them off rather than have glitchy artifacts. Feel free to experiment on your own with those.

As far as my presets go, feel free to use and tweak as you like, just give me credit if you release more presets based on my work. I put a lot of hours into mostly getting the pallet textures to look right. I'm honestly surprised that I've seen so few people using ENB to great effect outside of just adding massive bloom to some games. The pallet textures is one of the most impressive parts of ENB and I haven't seen many people using them with their ENB setups. Go to the authors website for a quick explanation of them, and how to use them.

**While the author recommends people use a 3D modeling program to edit the Pallet Textures, I used the great program "GIMP" (GNU-Image Manipulation Program) for editing image (mostly using the color curves). All my settings are dependent on the Pallet Textures for the most part, and may not look at all right if used without them.

PLEASE READ THE ORIGINAL AUTHORS README FOR FULL INFO AND HIS CREDITS!!!

ENB SERIES AUTHOR'S HOMEPAGE: http://enbdev.com/index_en.html

CREDITS: ENB Series Author, Boris, GNU Image Manipulation Program creators for the awesome graphics editing tool, and presets and textures by, well, me..... Joe Martin, err, I mean, The Angry Gimp! Grrrr.... (My Page is at: http://dragontech22.deviantart.com )

Also, thanks to "Inside Sim Racing" for an entertaining show about one of my favorite hobbies, Simulations of Racing.

I'm also on youtube as "TheAngryGimp" as well.

Maybe I'll see you on I-Racing or Sim Raceway, or in the quest to survive the zombie apocalypse...