Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inside SIM Racing?!?!? Hello!

36 posts in this topic

Wow, Go Tamiya.... Awesome news guys, I'm happy for you. Seems like Tamiya made a good move there, I've been taking an interest in RC drifting over the last year or so, Noob damage costs should be cheaper in miniature than the drifting life-size versions right? :lol:

Looks like Tamiya might have a new customer in me, what better way to support ISR :mrgreen: Any chance of any future "quote ISR and get 5% off parts" deals? I'll probably need them, although shipping parts from Tamiya U.S wouldn't really make sense. Kinda depends how big the discount is and how bad of a drifter I am lol

Shawn Purdy on the show. We'd love it and actually want him to move to California to join the team full time but he won't do it ;)

Hey now don't blame me! :)

Actually It's not something I don't want to do... Maybe one day, but just can't for a number of reasons. Like American's Health Care Plan j/k :)

Shawn

Hi Darin.

Do you know if GTR3 is a full sim or just another add on pack for Race07?

The only problem I see using only iRacing is that not everyone has all the content thus won't be able to participate, I have the basic content plus the mustang and Road America. I don't plan on buying anymore since I'll probably drop iRacing after my year subscription is up (reason being: Too expensive for the amount of enjoyment I get out of it).

I'm looking forward to Shawn's new tech tips using the new RC cars.

As for Shawn Purdy, he's on the west coast I believe so it doesn't get ridiculously cold there, where I am it's another story (-12 and -22 Celsius with wind chill right now, will get colder as the week goes on, lows of -28 by Friday night, I work outside mostly, in a rail yard on graveyard shift) so I can see Shawn being happy where he is! LOL.

Getting some kind of video conferencing with him would be way cool however. :)

I'm very much looking forward to seeing what ISR comes up with.

All the best and good luck.

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

Hi Darin.

Do you know if GTR3 is a full sim or just another add on pack for Race07?

The only problem I see using only iRacing is that not everyone has all the content thus won't be able to participate, I have the basic content plus the mustang and Road America. I don't plan on buying anymore since I'll probably drop iRacing after my year subscription is up (reason being: Too expensive for the amount of enjoyment I get out of it).

I'm looking forward to Shawn's new tech tips using the new RC cars.

As for Shawn Purdy, he's on the west coast I believe so it doesn't get ridiculously cold there, where I am it's another story (-12 and -22 Celsius with wind chill right now, will get colder as the week goes on, lows of -28 by Friday night, I work outside mostly, in a rail yard on graveyard shift) so I can see Shawn being happy where he is! LOL.

Getting some kind of video conferencing with him would be way cool however. :)

I'm very much looking forward to seeing what ISR comes up with.

All the best and good luck.

Take care

Hehe I'm East Coast, Montreal. Still not as cold as Calgary though haha. :)

Low today was only -11C which was nice lol. :D (which is 12F for Americans)

I'm not so sure I like 100F weather. if only it would stay between 70-80 all year around than it would be nice. :P I can't stand it here either in the summer. Air Conditioning ftw. :P

Hi Shawn.

I don't know why I thought you were from the west coast, hmmm, maybe mistaken you with someone else, DOH! LOL.

My Girlfriend is from Montreal (Verdun area), I'm originally from Ottawa.

-11 without wind chill I can handle... man, that's almost T-shirt weather but this -28 thing we're going to be getting later this week I can do without. On the other end of the scale, I don't know if I'd be able to handle the heat the lower States get in the middle of summer. +30 to 40 degrees Celsius is just too hot for me, man oh man, I wouldn't want to do something that feels good in +40 temperatures! LOL

Shawn.... have you considered doing a Video on the mental aspect of Sim Racing and sending it in to ISR, you got my curiosity peaked when you mentioned it, I'd be willing to bet I'm not the only one that would be very interested in this.

Something to keep in mind perhaps?

Take care

Wow, Go Tamiya.... Awesome news guys, I'm happy for you. Seems like Tamiya made a good move there, I've been taking an interest in RC drifting over the last year or so, Noob damage costs should be cheaper in miniature than the drifting life-size versions right? :lol:

Looks like Tamiya might have a new customer in me, what better way to support ISR :mrgreen: Any chance of any future "quote ISR and get 5% off parts" deals? I'll probably need them, although shipping parts from Tamiya U.S wouldn't really make sense. Kinda depends how big the discount is and how bad of a drifter I am lol

+1 for RC comments/info. I have always been curious about RC cars/trucks/armor from Tamiya.

:)

Hehe I'm East Coast, Montreal. Still not as cold as Calgary though haha. :)

Low today was only -11C which was nice lol. :D (which is 12F for Americans)

I'm not so sure I like 100F weather. if only it would stay between 70-80 all year around than it would be nice. :P I can't stand it here either in the summer. Air Conditioning ftw. :P

haha

I know what you mean! I live in Chicago and love the winters - must be something genetic. I feel best when the temp is anywhere fromC -15C to 0C (~0F to 32F). I feel miserable when it is >80F (25C). And when the temp hits 35C and 95% humidity for a few days in summer is the worst. :(

Yup . Wut makes SRT interesting to me was that Tech Tip segment by Shawn. Its just not abt the features of the games or sims, it is also supposed to be about driving mechanics, racecraft n technical knowledge wut makes some chose sim other than arcade.

But yes, of course, like Darin said, SRT has got to exists.

Seriously, I hope the ISR team doesn't even acknowledge this thread. You guys sound like a bunch of whining little girls who didn't get their way. I prefer a more Sim based show myself, but I am not going to cry about the fact that console games are getting a lot of attention right now. There are a lot more console gamers, there are a lot more console games.....the guys at ISR get a lot more requests to include console games than they get to only do Sim/PC games. Afterall, if you are that insulted by what they are doing, you could always find another site, or better yet, start your own.