Still worth while?

6 posts in this topic

I don't think it'll feel too old.  My concern is the limited volume of content and being currently closed to mods (for extra tracks and cars).  Fingers crossed that development continues and we get more content soon.

Thread bump:

I recently picked up a Logitech G920 and downloaded LFS (free demo at the moment). Little did I realize that I had played the game years ago in college with the free demo. Back then I tried it with a mouse and keyboard and gave up fairly quickly. 

First impressions back in the game with a wheel setup...its a night and day difference. I need to tweak the wheel settings a bit and probably mod the pedals but the overall gameplay and the physics are fantastic. I would definitely recommend the free demo to start gaining experience with racing sims and then move on from there. 

Long time flight simmer and just recently dipped my toes into this genre.  I've only tried 3 of the titles, RaceRoom, Project Cars 2 and Live for Speed.

LFS' graphics aren't extremely impressive but this doesn't matter that much to me.  The sim itself is way more enjoyable to me to "drive" than the other two.

I find it a bit sad that what would be hands down the best of the three (with more robust continued development) seems to have, for the most part, gone dormant.  It happens.  I just wish it hadn't happened here.