3D printed TX brake mod
3 3

19 posts in this topic

Been working on perfecting this brake mod for a while. I'm finally done. I didn't like the idea of drilling holes in my pedal set for the RC shocks, and I felt that the furniture rubber pad was better than stock, but still a bit lacking of what I actually wanted. This mod has soft, medium, and hard urethane rubber springs (green, yellow, red). It feels great, and still has nearly full pedal travel. Still gets to 100% on the calibration screen. If anybody is interested in one, I can print more. Both the urethane spring and the black ABS mounting clip have been 3D printed. Should fit the T300 stock pedals as well, though I haven't tried yet.

Photos show how the clip attaches. It's quite simple, the tabs on either side of the clip go under the plastic reinforcing rib on the brake pedal shaft, and then you secure the clip cap with screws. Takes about 30 seconds. 

Let me know what you think!

brake mod 1.jpg

brake mod 2.jpg

brake mod 3.jpg

brake mod 4.jpg

brake mod 5.jpg

brake mod 6.jpg

brake mod 7.jpg

brake mod 8.jpg

T3rraform, this is much better than your solution.  I was fortunate enough for Race Things to send me one to beta test.  I have to say this is a really good mod for the standard pedals.  For me it finally made the included pedals worth using.  The 3 different colors will give most people the stiffness they desire.  So far the springs are holding up real nice.  Highly recommend this mod if you are using the standard pedals and I recommend the Bodin load cell if using T3PA pedals.  Both are really nice.

Price will be $25 USD +shipping. I have to get a website setup to sell them since they aren't a used product, they don't qualify for the buy/sell forum section. I'm away for the next week but as soon as I'm back I plan to get that figured out.

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, I was away longer than expected.

I will ship to anywhere in the world I am able to. I will be accepting paypal, but I still have to get a website setup. Something I've never done before, so it might take me a bit to get figured out. I'm working on it now that I'm home, though.

Jeremy.Ford, Thanks, I'm interested myself in how much abuse it can take. I have around 100 hours racing on my personal brake mod, and it's holding up fine so far. I can't tell you specifically how long it will last, only that it'll be quite a while, and a replacement when/if needed will only be $5.

6 minutes ago, RaceThings said:

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, I was away longer than expected.

I will ship to anywhere in the world I am able to. I will be accepting paypal, but I still have to get a website setup. Something I've never done before, so it might take me a bit to get figured out. I'm working on it now that I'm home, though.

Jeremy.Ford, Thanks, I'm interested myself in how much abuse it can take. I have around 100 hours racing on my personal brake mod, and it's holding up fine so far. I can't tell you specifically how long it will last, only that it'll be quite a while, and a replacement when/if needed will only be $5.

I ended up buying a set of T3PA Pro pedals. So I'll not be needing the mod. I Wish you luck with this venture and I look forward to seeing what you create next.

Mine arrived today -- I cannot express how impressed I am with the quality involved here.  AMAZING bit of 3D printing/manufacturing, VERY nicely done.  I would highly recommend this to anybody looking to improve the brake feel for their stock TX or T300 pedals.

BIG thumbs-up from me!   :)

I never did hear back in regards to my request (back in Feb and March of 2016) to purchase this mod. Are you still making and selling these.

Edited by eLantern