Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

where are you downloading mods from

7 posts in this topic

I may be missing something on here but I don't see very many mods or new mods. looks like most are from months ago or even 2014. 

I have googled mods for AC but I have been taken to some sites that don't look to safe. admittedly I'm new to all this since ive always been a console gamer but I did go to one site I found on google and found mods like the old trans am series cars...link was dead, new cars to download so I downloaded and unzipped car files to cars folder....cant find them in the game, downloaded some more cars.....yay some kind of malware virus. don't get me wrong I think I have downloaded 4 cars that do work I just figured there would be more and i'd love to race some old American muscle cars, v8 supercars or just some regular street cars. I see on here someone talking about the 2015 mustang shifter...I cant even find the mustang.

I REALLY like this game but the amount of cars is kinda disappointing unless you love to drive a lotus or bmw.

anyway enough of my whining, I just figured maybe I was missing a site you guys are using

Racedepartment has the best selection of original mods. Lot of other stuff online is ripped from Forza, and while some of it is decent, others have very little effort put into the physics. The official AC forums are a good place to grab stuff too.

Great info thanks I had the same question.  The issue I am having is that it seems some only work on older versions of the game.  Is this true and if so how do you determine which works on the newest version of the game.  I see most mods have version numbers but it seems like the version of the mod not the game.  

Thanks again

Jeff

I haven't gotten a single car or track off of this site that wasn't absolutely awesome to drive or drive on! A few are duplicates from race department but this site has only current mods that work with the latest build and they all have a scale telling you how good they are. Also they claim to only add the best of the best on this site. I was a little skeptical at first but this is the only place I go now. And yes they are all free and I haven't gotten any virus's or anything like that. Check it out.

My two favorites are probably the EVO and the Miata. Both have exceptional physics and sound!

http://assettocorsa.club/en/cars.html