Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sim PCs will build to spec

48 posts in this topic

Winter is approaching so my schedule is freeing up, which allows me to help fellow sim racers out with building new PCs.  I don't do this to make a living, while I am an experienced IT professional (over 15 years).  I build these as a hobby.  I enjoy building the PCs as much, if not more than I do using them to race with.  With that being said, I have aligned myself with a few local vendors and a few online vendors which allows me to build a custom gaming rig, install OS, tune/tweak, overclock if requested, benchmark, and ship usually cheaper than a normal consumer can buy the parts for.  I don't really charge for my labor, I usually am able to cash in on a few rebates here and there.  Again, I do this as a hobby.  With every build I do, I provide progress pics as the PC is being assembled and stay in touch with the new, soon to be, owner throughout.  I have already built a handful of PCs for ISRTV members, from sub-$600 budget PCs up to some pretty hefty machines.  I take my time when assembling all builds (budget - wild) and make sure all cabling is as neat and tidy as possible to not only insure it looks professional, but to maximize air flow.  I am available after the sale to answer any questions and assist if/when any warranty of components is necessary.  While I understand some folks prefer to build a system themselves, I am making myself available to build a custom PC for anyone, and usually doing it cheaper than the components alone.  I have provided a few pics of some recent builds.  If your in the market for a new simulator PC, shoot me a message and I will do my best to maximize your budget.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_2543.JPG

IMG_2504.JPG

IMG_2544.JPG

IMG_2142.JPG

IMG_2469.JPG

IMG_2503.JPG

IMG_3421.JPG

IMG_3422.JPG

IMG_3900.JPG

IMG_3903.JPG

IMG_3419 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3406 - Copy.JPG

Very nice!  Thanks for replying to my IM.  I am definitely interested.  I am also wondering if you can get a little extra discounts from your suppliers on Black Friday?  Regardless, I am interested as I just built my 80/20 rig and need to start sourcing my electronics.  Have any connections on 144HZ 27 Inch Monitors?  :)

7 minutes ago, tlisotta said:

Very nice!  Thanks for replying to my IM.  I am definitely interested.  I am also wondering if you can get a little extra discounts from your suppliers on Black Friday?  Regardless, I am interested as I just built my 80/20 rig and need to start sourcing my electronics.  Have any connections on 144HZ 27 Inch Monitors?  :)

As far as black Friday goes, a few of my vendors do offer some deals, but in most case I don't know what they are until Black Friday or right before......

Hi,

i am looking for

a medium tower that fits 2 gtx 970

+ a motherboard with built in video

and 5.1 audio + a i7 cpu with coole

i already have the video card, samsung ssd hd 250 and 600 power supply and 10 gigs of memory 1600 mhz. 

what do you recommend and how much?

Looking for a basic case or something that shows off the insides?  Your probably gonna need a bigger power supply if running dual 970s.  600 watts might work, but it would be running at close to max.  Any overclocking of cpu or gpu will put you well over.  i would suggest a 750 watt psu minimum and realistically 850 or more..  10gb is an odd number..  What combination of ram do you have? (I.e. 2x4gb + 1x2gb)?  

Basic case. I currently have only 1 gtx and plan to upgrade in the future when iracing users  sli. Then I will upgrade power supply and buy second gpu card. 

For now, just looking for new case, motherboard and cpu

Yes, I have 1x2 and 2x4. It came with 6 gb and I bought 4 extra. Still have a free slot.

Btw, do you know if i can just assemble the new case, motherboard and cpu and plug my existing hd? Will win 10 recognize and install the missing drivers or i need a fresh win 10 install?

With modern motherboards, your better running all of the same type of memory.  You don't have to, but you will see better performance as latency will be the same across the memory.  (I.e. Running 2x8gb will allow you dual channel and the latency will all match).  8gb of 1600 memory can be had for as little as $35-$40 with 1866 being slightly more......

seeing as as your only looking for a partial system, I don't think I will be able to save you much $$ if any at all.  However I can still offer some suggestions.  If you plan to overclock your processor, you can save $100 or so by just going with an i5.  Most games don't really optimize hyper threading.  I have had both the i5 4690k and the i7 4790k processor and really only notice a difference in synthetic benchmark, virtually no difference in IRacing (there may have been a 1-2fps difference, but that's $50-$100 per frame if you break it down...). Fir budget builds I normally use a thermaltake v3 case.  It will accommodate dual video cards, but might be a it cramped.  Check out NZXT, they make some really nice cases and they aren't over the top expensive.  As far as processor I would go i5 4690k and check out newegg.com for a motherboard.  They have a lot of open box and refurb motherboards.  You can save a decent chuck of $$ by going refurb.  I would also consider buying new memory..

Just an FYI, this week, with Black Friday deals, I am able to put together some impressive PCs much cheaper than normal. For instance I am putting together (for an ISRTV Member) an i5 4690k, MSI Motherboard, 8GB Ram, 240 GB SSD, 750 watt power supply, Hyper 212 EVO cpu cooler, GTX980, Windows 7 (upgradable to win10) with a Logitech g430 headset completely assembled, tested and shipped for $1145.00. Of course I can build much more budget friendly PCs as well.  Again, I don't make a lot of money (usually just a few bucks in rebates).  I do this for fun, and figured with some Black Friday specials available to me I would pass this along to anyone who wants a PC built.  

Right now, current sale prices, I am able to assemble (test, tune and benchmark) the following sim PC for $1200.00 shipped to most locations

i5 4690k, aftermarket CPU cooler, 240GB SSD, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 650watt PSU, GTX980 4GB Graphics Card, Windows 7 Pro 64bit(can be upgraded to Win10 free of charge if requested)

This is based on current component sale prices.  If interested, shoot me a PM.  

I can be emailed at [email protected] as well.  I can customize to pretty much any budget or need.  Again, it's a hobby. So while I enjoy doing it, I will never pressure anyone into buying from me.  I take the builds as I can get them and appreciate my current customers for allowing me to build them PCs.

Yep - this one is mine :)  Brad is awesome to work with.  He is basically doing this for very very little profit (if any).  I would be hard pressed to get the deals he is getting.  He also tests it, etc and it is all shipped to your door.  He responds quickly to messages and very professional to work with.  

A question low_psi if I may...how do you pack and ship your pc builds with the aftermarket cpu cooler attached without the freight courier damaging it? I had one wrecked and it only shipped from Atlanta to Chattanooga (120 mi). Thank you for your time and I must add that you are indeed a gentleman and a scholar for assisting our fellow sim racers. You restore my faith in our fellow man!

57 minutes ago, Eric Rowland said:

A question low_psi if I may...how do you pack and ship your pc builds with the aftermarket cpu cooler attached without the freight courier damaging it? I had one wrecked and it only shipped from Atlanta to Chattanooga (120 mi). Thank you for your time and I must add that you are indeed a gentleman and a scholar for assisting our fellow sim racers. You restore my faith in our fellow man!

I have not had an issue with the CPU cooler.  The video cards, that's a different story...  I have had video cards come completely out of the pci-e slot.  I am now packing foam or cardboard to hold the card in place.  Customer has to remove once delivered...

38 minutes ago, CollinW2016 said:

Bump. This guy's the real deal. He completely exceeded my expectations when he built my computer. I gave him a budget and he really hooked me up. A+, 10/10, 5* rating!

Thanks buddy, I appreciate the positive rating.  

More builds under way.  1 for an isrtv member, 1 for a guy who found me via isrtv (using for flight sim) and one for me :-).  A couple of these are gonna looks pretty nice.  More pics to follow.  If you need a sim PC, skip the big box stores and give me a shout.  

image_zpsguroklqp.jpeg

Hi OP,

Recently I have considered getting a PC to run iRacing with instead of the Acer Aspire laptop I currently use.  I came across this forum and everybody loves your work.

My budget right now is around $650 or a little more, and right now I plan to run a single 32" HD television.  Is there anything that could be built for my budget that runs iRacing on high performance settings and reliability?

Thanks for taking a look,

Tanner