Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Forum themes

30 posts in this topic

You may have noticed a theme change when coming to our forums. I have the skins to have more option available. The default theme you may be seeing now is called "Subway". You can "Edit Style" to change two of the colors and add a background pattern. 

Also if you want to run what we used to have with a slightly different color scheme, go to the bottom left of any forum page and "Change theme". There's also another called Carbon Orange and I may add some others as well to try out. 

Let me know what you think !

I think the banana is not yellow enough ;-)

May use the carbon orange theme which is kinda cool, but I'm always struggling a bit getting used to a new look...so I was happy with the one before...and with the one before that one as well...

I liked the older theme version more then the new one; I have used the 'Change theme' option to see the Carbon Orange; ...slightly better than the Subway theme but that's about it I'm sorry to say... 'New is not always better or an improvement' is my (personal) opinion!

But hey, I guess I will get used to it after a while...  :mrgreen:

You may have noticed a theme change when coming to our forums. I have the skins to have more option available. The default theme you may be seeing now is called "Subway". You can "Edit Style" to change two of the colors and add a background pattern. 

Also if you want to run what we used to have with a slightly different color scheme, go to the bottom left of any forum page and "Change theme". There's also another called Carbon Orange and I may add some others as well to try out. 

Let me know what you think !

Color options are nice!  I do not care for the Rounded Avatars - I prefer the classical Square Avatar Frames.

I like the carbon orange better, but I agree with the others that there was nothing wrong with the way the forum used to look :)

Of course I am a bit biased because I love the color orange, my motorcycle and several of my guitars are orange lol

I would suggest upping the default font size by a notch, most of us have large monitors and are getting older so our eyes would much appreciate it :smile:

In particular the forum posts listing page (the most important page view) the text default font size is tiny.

I'd also add that the text colors (or lack of) makes it difficult to comfortably read, you've went too light a shade of gray with most of the text in an attempt to make the black links stand out.  Best practice to keep all body text closer to black color ranges (particularly smaller fonts) and then color the links.

No need for form over function, this is a forum after all.

This was just a test and one of the first themes I downloaded.  The previous theme was FUBAR.

If you "Change theme" it should stay that way every time you log in so for those that like Carbon, it will be your default. I'll be adding a few more in the next few days and then we'll be upgrading the forum software to the latest version which has more features.  

I still prefer the dark background themes so I'm sticking with carbon orange. They are easier on the eyes especially at night when I do most of the reading. They are also easier on battery life on phones.

Settled for carbon orange.

Still find it a bit strange having different looks on the welcome page and the forum...not a real problem of course.

I'm with unkle on the font size btw., a tad larger wouldn't be a bad thing imo.

To give you all a heads up, all these themes are temporary so don't get too attached. We'll be upgrading the board software to version 4.1 from 3.4.6. You can read all about it here:

https://community.invisionpower.com/blogs/

It'll be a much more user friendly board from an admin standpoint. It will also be responsive so it will work well on all size screens. I will be adding a dark and light theme for those of you that like one or the other.

The upgrade should take place within the next few weeks and I hope you all like what it offers us.  

To give you all a heads up, all these themes are temporary so don't get too attached. We'll be upgrading the board software to version 4.1 from 3.4.6. You can read all about it here:

https://community.invisionpower.com/blogs/

It'll be a much more user friendly board from an admin standpoint. It will also be responsive so it will work well on all size screens. I will be creating adding a dark and light theme for those of you that like one or the other.

The upgrade should take place within the next few weeks and I hope you all like what it offers us.  

awesome!

Darin - why is every thread now listed as a question with voted answers?  This might be fine for a question/troubleshoot section, but for everything, I don't like it at all.

Not every thread/post is a question, so to treat them as such is weird.  A build thread for your rig now has "answers"?  Also, now the chronological order of posts will be gone as it seems you can upvote responses.  Again, this is okay for actual questions where the 'best' answer might want to be upvoted, but not for ongoing discussions.

Darin - why is every thread now listed as a question with voted answers?  This might be fine for a question/troubleshoot section, but for everything, I don't like it at all.

Not every thread/post is a question, so to treat them as such is weird.  A build thread for your rig now has "answers"?  Also, now the chronological order of posts will be gone as it seems you can upvote responses.  Again, this is okay for actual questions where the 'best' answer might want to be upvoted, but not for ongoing discussions.

I get the also.

It is happening on every thread I have tried except this thread

Now excuse me while I go upvote all my post :)