Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedals?

20 posts in this topic

I am a long time lurker of the site and have watched you guys on youtube for some time now so i figure it's about time I sign up and join the community ;)

I play iracing, F1 2010, and Grid and have decided I really need new pedals. I own a Driving Force GT and the pedals just suck. I have modified my DFGT's brake pedal a bit and it feels ok, but its just time for somthing better

I like what i hear about BRD's speed7 pedals but you can't seem to buy them anywhere!

http://www.teambrd.co.uk/speed7-pedals.html

Any information?

I also like the price of the Act-Lab Rs pedals but I haven't seen any reviews or talk of them so are they worth it?

http://www.act-labs.com/scripts/proddetails.asp?Pid=947

Club Sport pedals seem to be all the rage today but they don't ship to my location and I would like to see my other option.

Anything els out there I should take a look at? CST's are out of the question by the way, as I don't have a budget for them at this time:p

Thanks for any help, and hopefully I be a long time user of the site (liken the new layout) :D

There not compatible with this wheel (i think you can with an adapter but I don't know how affective that is).. Plus you can't really just go out and buy the pedals without the G27 wheel.

Hi and welcome to the forum ;)

If there is a way for you to get clubsports, I would go for them. ( eBay ) maybe.

The csp are amazing on IRacing.

Daz

Hi m8

You could order them and get them sent to me and I would send them on to you but the postage would be :shock: as I'm the uk.

Getting someone to send them on from the us would be better but it's a trust thing.

Maybe post a post on here asking if anyone is selling a set ;)

Daz

I would nail them on ebay I am sure that they will not mind sending them to alaska if you cover the shipping expenses, but this may cost you. On ebay there are a few on sale at the moment, if you just search under fanatec.

I am a long time lurker of the site and have watched you guys on youtube for some time now so i figure it's about time I sign up and join the community ;)

I play iracing, F1 2010, and Grid and have decided I really need new pedals. I own a Driving Force GT and the pedals just suck. I have modified my DFGT's brake pedal a bit and it feels ok, but its just time for somthing better

I like what i hear about BRD's speed7 pedals but you can't seem to buy them anywhere!

http://www.teambrd.co.uk/speed7-pedals.html

Any information?

I also like the price of the Act-Lab Rs pedals but I haven't seen any reviews or talk of them so are they worth it?

http://www.act-labs.com/scripts/proddetails.asp?Pid=947

Club Sport pedals seem to be all the rage today but they don't ship to my location and I would like to see my other option.

Anything els out there I should take a look at? CST's are out of the question by the way, as I don't have a budget for them at this time:p

Thanks for any help, and hopefully I be a long time user of the site (liken the new layout) :D

LOL-I'm exactly in your situation. Clubsport pedals do ship to my area-only I am not sure if its that reliable though after reading threads about people mentioning problems with the system. Did you get your pedals?

Im in the same situation to only they do ship clubsports to me, my problem is im a tight bugger :lol:

:x im not sure what to do shall i keep looking for g27 pedals which are like rocking horse XXXX. Shall i just buy a g27 wheel and pedals off ebay. Shall i just buy clubsport pedals.. But then i think for a little extra i can get the T500 and its easily compatable on my PS3 as well as PC :evil:

Plus i kinda think now thrustmaster have brought the T500 out surely Logitech and Fanatec will have to respond with something especially Logitech?

Anyway i gotta get a new rig as priority first

Im in the same situation to only they do ship clubsports to me, my problem is im a tight bugger :lol:

:x im not sure what to do shall i keep looking for g27 pedals which are like rocking horse XXXX. Shall i just buy a g27 wheel and pedals off ebay. Shall i just buy clubsport pedals.. But then i think for a little extra i can get the T500 and its easily compatable on my PS3 as well as PC :evil:

Plus i kinda think now thrustmaster have brought the T500 out surely Logitech and Fanatec will have to respond with something especially Logitech?

Anyway i gotta get a new rig as priority first

Not sure anybody has to respond. T500 is much more expensive, and still this will be a barrier for some. Its not really comparable IMHO. I think these wheels are in a different class. And you will find reviews that say the Fanatec wheels are better than the T500 overall, and saying T500 is overpriced etc. People will follow these reviews and not purchase the wheel.

If logitech has to respond to anything its the Fanatec products which are in a similar price range. Not taking into consideration Clubsport pedals, you could easily compare G27 vs GT3RS + shifter.

I don't think there will be a noticable drop in Fanatec/Logitech sales due to T500. There will be a group of people who already own these wheel and will move to T500, but that does not mean they would have bought new logi/fana stuff. They just want to upgrade to sth new and better, but could not afford the frex/ecci stuff. Not many fresh an new sim racers who have no equipment will be willing to spend that much on the first wheel being a T500. On top of that take into consideration the compatibility problems with games on PS3 and no date/info on shifter ...

My problem with the T500 is something Darin and Shawn mentioned.... something about the wheel not having force feedback with older SIMs / Games. To me that's important. Unless Thrustmaster can somehow emulate something like a G25 in their drivers or firmware update for these older software titles, then I have no use for this wheel without it being fully compatible with everything (new and old).

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

To answer some of your question on what I have done:

I simply have modified my DFGT pedals at the moment, and after some discussion on the iracing forums (these forums are dead in my opinion) Clubsport pedals aren't vary reliable so ill be getting a G27.

Also if any of you want to race/practice here's my profile

http://members.iracing.com/membersite/m ... stid=57927

Tried the bungee cord technique shown on youtube. Does not work that well.

1st problem: There is no proper place to hook the cord, so you may end up damaging your pedals if you strain it too far.

2nd problem: If you do manage to hook up the cord, there is the problem of the uneven surface caused by the cord going underneath the pedals. It makes the surface unusable. Best solution if you do want to try the cord is to strap it all the way back at the ends of the pedals rather than the side so you have an increase but just at the end rather than a see-saw effect if you do it at the sides. Problem with having the cord strap until the end, is that it may be slightly uncomfortable as it interrupts your feet movement.

If you do want to try this method, I suggest a cord that is about 90 cm. Measure your pedal outline and then buy the cord. If the cord is too short, you won't get that much fun either. Also, individual cords for each pedals suck, especially when I use one foot for the pedals.

Another mod which I'm thinking of doing next is opening the unit up and recalibrate the springs. I notice there are springs that put the pedals in place. So what I am looking at is increasing the tension by one round so you get more resistance. If anyone has tried this method, let me know.

I have opened up the pedals and a took a torch to both springs on the brake pedal and stretched them. These pedals do not use coil springs if you didn't know.. I also did a few other things to smooth out the operation of the pedal and has a tad resistance to the gas pedal but I pic would explain more. Unless you have opened up your pedal and know how they work your not going to understand. Either way it has been working great.

The bungee cord technique does work, and there are places to hook it to. In the middle of the pedal there is a little "tab" that worked perfect so I don't know what your talking about.

92038938668cdfd7f6ad257c484f976d.png

This guy has the right idea on that mod if you want to go that route:

If you feel like the other end of the bungee is moving you can make a small cut or hole in the plastic to hold it. The bungee I use is 29 cm without being stretched (and is hooked up just like the pic/vid).

It does work and I don't see why you have so many problems to list.

Next thing i'll be doing is getting a new potentiometer, that is much more durable then the crappy one on the brake.