Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xbox Pcars Leagues?

8 posts in this topic

Got my new wheel and stuff up and running a few days ago. Waited a while to pick up pcars because I read it had a lot of issues at release. But once i heard that by version 4.0 most of them were worked out I decided to pick it up. So far its the closest thing to a true PC sim that I have played on any console. As far as physics go, it far exceeds Forza 6. Plus I just refuse to play a game that wont let me tailor my settings exactly the way i like them as far as FOV, wheel/driver arms turned off and specific FFB settings so for me PCars is great.

However the one thing I have noticed is that, the online experience hasn't been that great from what I have seen. I haven't seen many online lobbies available at one time. And it seemed a little buggy as to some of them I couldn't join last night and they did not appear full. So i created one and waited a bit but no one ever joined.

Please don't tell me that this game has not already died on xbox 1. From what I can tell it has so much potential. In fact its the only one out right now that can produce some epic league racing and that's what I am looking for. Do any exist and I just don't know where to look for them? I hope so!

If there is not, please let me know if you would be interested in one. Maybe GT3 or similar and I will gladly set one up if there is enough interest.

Yeah I think I actually ran across this about the same time you posted the link. Thanks! I hope to actually find some good racing in there. I know when you go to the online lobbies right now it seems like a ghost town.

2 leagues that I am familiar with.

1.  International Circuit Racing (ICR)

2.  Global Sim Racing (GSR), this is no aids, cockpit view racing

PCARS had good potential but lost the momentum quickly with launch issues.  I haven't touched it since FM6 release.

PCARS had good potential but lost the momentum quickly with launch issues.  I haven't touched it since FM6 release.

Thanks GRD 4 3L. I'll look into those.

I am actually really disappointed with the physics of Forza 6. Even with well balanced tunes it still feels like you have to fight the cars in the corners for grip. Also, for all of the cars i have used, for the most part there is what I call a dead line. What i mean is there is no gradual feeling between when a car has grip and when it does not. And once they get past that point they almost all rotate way too much so you are constantly fighting to keep the back of the car planted when cornering. I have attempted to tune this out but for the most part it still remains. I was hoping they would fix that but I think forza still suffers from what it has always had issues with. An unrealistic lack of grip to the road. I played it for a bit through a game pad but once I started using a wheel again i was just turned off with the FFB and the grip of the game. Im not bashing of Forza, it is still a really good game but I guess I just am used to PC sim physics and online modes.

As for Pcars, with the 4.0 update I have really enjoyed the game. They physics are perfect and after fiddling with the FFB settings a bit the game has really come alive for me. I hope with the new updates people will flood back over to Pcars after the newness of Forza dies down.

here is two leagues that I run in that are gt3 league on xbox one Pcars.

check it out..my gamer tag is bigdaddvx2005

http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/xbox-one-yiro-tires-world-endurance-challenge.32/

and here is the one that is closing up season1 and getting everything started for season 2

http://www.xciteracingleague.com/threads/xrl-project-cars-gt3-split-2-season-2.520/

The is first league is a a wensday racing at 9pm the other one is a sunday racing at 2:30pm.

hope that helps man.....and I love pcars by the way lol...

I just posted in that one over on Racedepartment lol. I thought i recognized bigdaddy lol. I already had this account created here but i named my account on Racedpt crazyspeederdan which is my xbox gamertag. I am really considering running a few races with you guys over there. Based on all the posts it looks like you guys have some fun clean racing. It is so hard to find that. Especially on console games. I'll definately check that other one out also. Thanks for the info!