Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who else has their new G920?

14 posts in this topic

I have mine. Haven't tried it on an Xbox yet, I bought it to use on both that and a PC. The state of the driver and software on the PC is woeful, how this has been allowed to be released as a pc wheel in this mess is beyond me. I'm assuming Logitech has asked the guys at ISR to hold off on their PC review until they get something workable on PC. I'm returning mine and paying a little extra for the TX.

Hi everyone, could someone that owns the G920 or Thrustmaster TX please post the details listed in their power adapters?  Are any of them dual-voltage wheels? 

I am planning to buy an xbox one compatible wheel, but struggling to find a cheap way of getting a 110V wheel to Bogota, Colombia.  One alternative it to order a G920 or TX wheel from the Playseat store, but they sell the 220V EU models only.  Any details you can provide on the power requirements of these models would be very appreciated!  

Has anyone run any of these wheels with a transformer?  What wattage / amps requirements do the wheels have.

Thanks in advance to the community for their help!

I've had my G920 for a little over three weeks now, and it was doing okay until Monday.  All of the sudden, none of the buttons on the wheel would work, including the paddle shifters, when I would turn the wheel past dead center to the right.  Turn it back left of center, and the buttons started working again.  I had to race my league race in automatic that night because I couldn't shift... needless to say, I finished DFL.  

Another Logitech owner (G29 wheel) was having the same problem (and I've since found out lots of other G29 and G920 owners) and he took his wheel apart and found the reason.  Check the top message (with image) on the top of the linked page

Logitech G29/G920 connector problem

Pretty bad when a $400 wheel doesn't get proper attention in the area in which its most vulnerable strain points exists.  I'm torn now between taking it apart and reinforcing the connectors to the condition in which they should have been installed... thereby voiding my warranty, or sending it back for a replacement that will likely eventually experience the same problem:?

Send it back, get the new one, THEN reinforce it. 

I'd still have a voided warranty after all of that, but it's still another option to consider.  I've now seen over a half dozen reports of this same phenomenon with the G29 and G920 wheels now, at various forums.  I have a feeling the reports are going to escalate in the days ahead.

As it turns out, the problem with my Logitech G920 is the green wire has broken off the 7 conductor mini-pin connector for the wheel. It broke right behind the crimp on the terminal, under the insulation, in the connector body. I'll have to cut the wire and install a new pin terminal on the wire. I'm thinking I'm going to crimp it, solder it and pull a heat shrink tube over it, and then apply a healthy application of hot glue over the entire female connector assembly. There's obviously a lot of stress being applied to these 24 gauge connector terminals, and they're not up to the task.

My other option is to buy an entire new 7 pin plug mini-plug board connector assembly, and connecting heavier gauge wires into it. soldering them for reinforcement, and then again applying the hot glue over the entire connector to take the stress off of these flimsy terminal rings. The problem is that I can't find the same type of connector being used in this application.  It is much harder to find repair parts for this than I anticipated... especially after all the Radio Shack's around me went belly up!  I'm reading more and more of this type of failure with the G920.  They obviously need to do something to reinforce these pin terminal wire connectors!

I submitted a customer service support ticket to Logitech to either have them instruct me how I can buy a new  7 pin Molex connector cable assembly from them, or direct me to a source that sells one that I can purchase.  I submitted the request of 11/11/15 and still haven't gotten a response.  The support link shows my claim as "unresolved".  

Ordered my G920 as it was very cheap from currys at £184 including the shifter!

Still haven't opened the box yet as waiting for my cockpit to turn up so I can fit the whole lot together.

Bit disappointed with the comments above before I've even opened the box.

What do you think I should do? has the problem happened to everyone, or should I take the chance and use it anyway?

Wanted a quality wheel but don't have the budget now.

Hi all!

Just wanted to update you on my G920 experience! (PC only not used yet for xbox one)

have to say that in the beginning, when I first received the G920, I was very impressed with the look and feel of both the pedals and the wheel.

Wheel seems a little bit small, put the pedals were a good size.

Wheel is comfortable and feels solid.

When I first hooked everything up, system recognised straight away, but I had some serious issues with the wheels responsiveness and compatibility.

However, now all the drivers appear to have been fully updated and with the latest version of LGS installed, everything is peachy.

I cranked up the feedback to around 80 and can now feel every bump and grind, maybe a little too much!

Gearstick is definitely a little 'toy' like, so I have ordered a Fanatec Clubsport SQ to go with.

Everything sits nicely on my Track Racer Mach 4, all fixture wholes line up well and feels solid.

The wheel based gear shifters are large and give a good 'click' when changing up and down. Buttons on the wheel are well laid out and again give a good feedback when pressed.

You can get pedal spring upgrades, I may try these as the accelerator feels very light and too easy to use as an on off switch rather than for controlled pressure. Clutch is also very light, which is good to reduce fatigue, but doesn't give much feedback unless you drive barefoot. In contrast the brake is quite heavy. I think it all depends on how much you sim race, if you're a 2 or 3 times a week guy, probably be ok, but if you're on every night, then you would probably have a different more expensive set up anyway! What are you reading this for??

Early on, there were some problems with the G920/G29, so the price has come down. If you're looking for a good value and quality wheel, now that all the drivers are working, you'd do far worse than picking up one of these. If you shop around, you may be able to get the whole set for around £150, at this price overall as a set I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10, only let down by the gear shift, which works ok, but feels very plastic and you are likely to miss the gate change when used heavily such as Rallying or for corner heavy track races. However, at full retail which was around £350, I'd have to mark down to around 6 out of 10.

Anyway, I'm liking it as I only had a two pedal Microsoft wheel before and this is way better!