Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Follow up: Now racing in the rain!?! what gives?

5 posts in this topic

So I finally started playing Forza6 and what a beautiful game for sure, but why do I always damage my transmission?? My settings are with Manual w/ clutch and i'm using t3pa pro pedals and th8a shifter. I have dages my transmission to 46% within 4 laps. I'm not doing anything crazy and revmatching on my downshifts but the clutch will start slipping no matter what it seems. Very frustrating. Has this happened to anyone else?

Another issue im having and this is probably just me and my lack of skill. While braking i have to have the wheels pointing straight ahead. If i try to trail brake even just a little, i end up losing control and oversteering and it seems almost impossible to regain control before i'm facing the wrong way. Very frustrating. It's extremely bad on elevation change turns like brands hatch short turn 1. Car i'm driving is a Ford Focus (you gotta learn to walk before you run, right?)

Any tips, tricks, or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

So i messed around with my clutch deadzones and that fixed it. Inside is 10 and outside is 45.

I also lowered the degree of rotation to 540 and that also helped with the oversteering and being able to countersteer quicker to correct.

Now my new issue and complaint. Driving in the rain......using a wheel seems almost impossible to finish a lap without spinning out of control. I could maybe go 15% of the time without spinning out of control and never finished a race better than 24th place. Yeah. You read that right. BUT here is the kicker, i changed to the gamepad and never once spun out of control the puddles i just coasted right through and never was concerned about losing control like you do playing with a wheel. and finished 1st place 3 out of 5 times and top 3 the other times. Why do i have more control with a gamepad than my tx wheel? They say they want to make forza a sim like racer but playing the gamepad gives you advantage over a wheel? If this is true then they need to seperate wheel user and gamepad leaderboards. Very dissappointing that it's so much easier to control the car using the gamepad. I thought using a wheel you would have more control. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

In my experience, once I mastered throttle control with the pedals, I noticed I drove in the rain more consistently. Sure, there still are cars that are hard as hell to drive in the rain (Lotus F1 car, for example), but it's not as bad anymore. As for having more control with the controller vice wheel, I know for me it's the FFB. The sticks don't push back and force your tires to turn a different direction. Even if you are pointing straight ahead, you hit the puddle and you veer off. I'm not sure how the 3D modeling is for the puddles, but the difference of depth of one part of the puddle compared to other parts of the same puddle may be the reason. Which mimics real life driving through puddles.

As a side note, I have my clutch deadzones at 0% and 20%. I want to be able to shift as fast as the game will allow without damaging the transmission. And I had been running my degree of wheel rotation at 900 for the first few weeks I played Forza 6. I just dropped it down and boy did it help. I was able to race just fine with the 900, but once I needed to make a tight turn (like the final hairpin on Long Beach), I was having to hand-over-hand it. With 540, the in-motion driving didn't really change that much, but I'm now able to make those tight turns without having to hand-over-hand the wheel.

More practice. Make sure to set your steering settings to simulation in the menu as well. This makes a huge difference driving with a wheel. The reason driving with a controller is so easy is that you are being are being assisted by the game from what I heard to make using a controller easier (even if the assists are off).

CW46 is correct, The Controller ( even on simulation steering ) has a speed sensitive assist. You can go into a long corner ( Like Monza final corner ) and see it happen on the in car view. Hold it to the right and the wheel is quarter turn   ( while you have the thumbstick all the way to the right ) as you apply more and more brake it will turn tighter and tighter for you automatic. So "Simulation Steering" on a controller still has training wheels / "assists".