Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ep 48 Up now !

30 posts in this topic

EDIT:

HERE IT IS !

We got behind due to some new arrivals.. PSP for GT and Forza 3 for the 360.

The new show with Dirt 2, PSP GT first look, Superstars V8 review, and Top Sim Cars will be up within 24 hours (if we don't have any more problems)

Sorry for the delay..

We're shooting for our Forza 3 show to air October 9th to get back on schedule.. We bumped Need For Speed Shift for Forza 3. Microsoft was kind enough to get us copies pre release.. EA.. they lose for giving us copies post release ;)

We will have our Shift review up on Oct 19th

I personally can not wait to watch this one. I am a huge Forza fan, and the demo so far is amazing, albeit limited, but still amazing.

I can't wait to see/hear what you guys think about it.

Also, just an FYI for anyone out there if you pre-order the game at Gamestop right now you can get a limited edition Audi once the game is released. Also, if you order the limited edition version of the gaame, it coems with a few extra cars that will not be in the "normal" release.

We got behind due to some new arrivals.. PSP for GT and Forza 3 for the 360.

The new show with Dirt 2, PSP GT first look, Superstars V8 review, and Top Sim Cars will be up within 24 hours (if we don't have any more problems)

Sorry for the delay..

We're shooting for our Forza 3 show to air October 9th to get back on schedule.. We bumped Need For Speed Shift for Forza 3. Microsoft was kind enough to get us copies pre release.. EA.. they lose for giving us copies post release ;)

We will have our Shift review up on Oct 19th

Hi Darin and all at SRT

I must be a bigger fan than I realised as I have been "Tuning in" about 5 x a day to catch this episode but obviously disappointed to date. I have registered as a member thinking the delay maybe for non-registered viewers but to no avail.

Anyway moving towards the positive points of my post, In the five months or so since I have become aware of you, I have been impressed by many aspects of SRT's work (not least Ms Lopez)! but also the respect you have in the sim racing community.

I have been looking forward to both GT5 and FM3 (my laptop is not powerful for PC sims) but as testament to your influence; your ongoing work with Fanatec has brought me to the point where I have ordered the Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel Clubsport edition and Rennesport wheel stand for £540, where as six months ago I looked at the G25 as a £150 luxury that I couldnt justify!!

I hope that after all the efforts Fanatec have put in over the last 3 years, (with the guidance/critique of beta testers such as yourselves) this combination of wheel/pedal etc (I am sure a Clubsport shifter is also in the works...) will be recognised as the market leader in terms of perfomance (if not market share due to the limited nature of the wheel's production run) at what I now realise (due to your Frex review) to be the mid range of the market!!

I hope that you will be carrying a review of this (the only) multi format wheel in its final form hopefully in conjuction with Forza Motorsport 3. This finally brings me to the point of my post (sorry for the long build up!) I have just noticed that you have brought the FM3 review forward (I understand your reason..EA pull your finger out, as we say in England) but I hope you will have as near a final version of the wheel as possible so as to do both the game and wheel justice.

With this in mind I am wondering if the accuracy the review would have been better served by keeping to your original date of the 19th October, this despite the fact that I like many others can't wait to here your opinions on both the wheel and game.

Just got through watching Ep48, and I agree 100% with your review of Dirt 2! I have it for the Xbox 360 and its the same, except you also have the option to hang your Xbox Live avatar from the mirror, which I think is pretty cool! Shaun, I am as addicted as you! Once I played the demo I knew I HAD to pick it up when it came out, and its been really fun. Dirt 2 is fun even with a mediocre wheel like the Xbox 360 wireless wheel, which I use (perhaps someday I can afford a proper wheel).

Darin, you said Microsoft sent you "copies" of Forza 3...does this mean you have more than one that maybe you might like some help in testing? :mrgreen: I look forward to that review!

Jessica, big shout out to you...great job! Why dont you get in some wheel time with Forza 3 as well? I'm sure I'm not the only one curious what your take on Forza 3 is!

Very sorry about not hitting the 29th.. Last minute segment additions and then rendering issues with our software slowed us down.

We're really pushing to make the 9th for Forza 3. We've already put at least 20 hours combined and are LOVING IT !!! Today is an all Forza 3 day for us, so we should have at least another 20 hours combined into it today.. We also have filmed a lot of our first looks at stuff, the season, etc.. So we're ahead of the game.

We also did some multi player head to head last night and what a blast !!!

We will give you guys a great look at this awesome title and it will be very accurate and detailed. I promise ;)

Thanks for watching and posting here !

Darin

[Hi Darin and all at SRT

I must be a bigger fan than I realised as I have been "Tuning in" about 5 x a day to catch this episode but obviously disappointed to date. I have registered as a member thinking the delay maybe for non-registered viewers but to no avail.

Anyway moving towards the positive points of my post, In the five months or so since I have become aware of you, I have been impressed by many aspects of SRT's work (not least Ms Lopez)! but also the respect you have in the sim racing community.

I have been looking forward to both GT5 and FM3 (my laptop is not powerful for PC sims) but as testament to your influence; your ongoing work with Fanatec has brought me to the point where I have ordered the Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel Clubsport edition and Rennesport wheel stand for £540, where as six months ago I looked at the G25 as a £150 luxury that I couldnt justify!!

I hope that after all the efforts Fanatec have put in over the last 3 years, (with the guidance/critique of beta testers such as yourselves) this combination of wheel/pedal etc (I am sure a Clubsport shifter is also in the works...) will be recognised as the market leader in terms of perfomance (if not market share due to the limited nature of the wheel's production run) at what I now realise (due to your Frex review) to be the mid range of the market!!

I hope that you will be carrying a review of this (the only) multi format wheel in its final form hopefully in conjuction with Forza Motorsport 3. This finally brings me to the point of my post (sorry for the long build up!) I have just noticed that you have brought the FM3 review forward (I understand your reason..EA pull your finger out, as we say in England) but I hope you will have as near a final version of the wheel as possible so as to do both the game and wheel justice.

With this in mind I am wondering if the accuracy the review would have been better served by keeping to your original date of the 19th October, this despite the fact that I like many others can't wait to here your opinions on both the wheel and game.

One for me and one for Shaun ;)

Darin, you said Microsoft sent you "copies" of Forza 3...does this mean you have more than one that maybe you might like some help in testing? :mrgreen: I look forward to that review!

Jessica, big shout out to you...great job! Why dont you get in some wheel time with Forza 3 as well? I'm sure I'm not the only one curious what your take on Forza 3 is!

Very sorry about not hitting the 29th.. Last minute segment additions and then rendering issues with our software slowed us down.

We're really pushing to make the 9th for Forza 3. We've already put at least 20 hours combined and are LOVING IT !!! Today is an all Forza 3 day for us, so we should have at least another 20 hours combined into it today.. We also have filmed a lot of our first looks at stuff, the season, etc.. So we're ahead of the game.

We also did some multi player head to head last night and what a blast !!!

We will give you guys a great look at this awesome title and it will be very accurate and detailed. I promise ;)

Thanks for watching and posting here !

Darin

Thanks Darin, You have put my concerns to bed. "Oh me of little faith.... how could I have doubted you guys !!.

Roll on the 9th...the 23rd for my Forza 3 Ltd Edition...and some as yet unspecified date in November when I hope to take delivery of my Porsche 911 Turbo S Clubsport Edition and Rennsport wheel stand and my life as I have known it comes to an end lol!!

nice review guys! Dirt 2 is a blast, i am glad you guys are having fun with it as well.

one thing i really like is the custom control mapping. you can assign any button or pedal or whatever to do anything you want. i was playing Dirt 2 with a Fanatec wheel using the sequential shifter as an E-brake. now i am playing it on a G27 using the clutch pedal as the E-brake. it's soooo awesome that we have the option to do crazy things like this. the G27 also has six buttons on the wheel and i can assign them all to do whatever i want as well.

good job Codemasters. takes notes E.A.!

I must say, this latest episode was great. You guys are continually maturing as a team and it reflects greatly in the product you guys have released here. Great job! :)

On another note, Dirt 2 looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait for it to be released for PC later this year.

hey guys first time poster here, and I just finish watching the dirt 2 review, and I agree with the score you gave the game, I would have rate it at least an 85-88 myself and hope I'm not spoiling things but I love the special tribute they did when you finished the colin mcrae special event, really touching. All in all dirt 2 is a really good game.

I love seeing a PS3 only racer posting here ! We should hook up online and race. Shauns brother Greg is still playing nightly.

Thanks for posting that you can map the clutch as a brake. We were wondering about that.

Darin

nice review guys! Dirt 2 is a blast, i am glad you guys are having fun with it as well.

one thing i really like is the custom control mapping. you can assign any button or pedal or whatever to do anything you want. i was playing Dirt 2 with a Fanatec wheel using the sequential shifter as an E-brake. now i am playing it on a G27 using the clutch pedal as the E-brake. it's soooo awesome that we have the option to do crazy things like this. the G27 also has six buttons on the wheel and i can assign them all to do whatever i want as well.

good job Codemasters. takes notes E.A.!

Thanks for stopping by ! We're going to need to check that tribute out.. sounds cool.

80.5 is actually a great score believe it or not.. We're very particular about whats going to get into the 90s. Compared to Superstars V8 that got a 59 ;)

Darin

hey guys first time poster here, and I just finish watching the dirt 2 review, and I agree with the score you gave the game, I would have rate it at least an 85-88 myself and hope I'm not spoiling things but I love the special tribute they did when you finished the colin mcrae special event, really touching. All in all dirt 2 is a really good game.

I love seeing a PS3 only racer posting here ! We should hook up online and race. Shauns brother Greg is still playing nightly.

Thanks for posting that you can map the clutch as a brake. We were wondering about that.

Darin

sure, i'd love to race with you or shawn. my psn name is jasonb1985, add me if you want to race sometime. :)

i'd like to do some PC sim racing but i don't have the money to build a gaming PC right now. eventually i will though.

Don't sweat it man.> It's getting to the point where the consoles have a lot to offer for a sim racer

[quote="jasonb1985

i'd like to do some PC sim racing but i don't have the money to build a gaming PC right now. eventually i will though.

Hi Darin

How good is forza with the fanatec ?

I'm having kittens waiting for them both.

Thinking about it, maybe I don't want to know, may only make the wait more agonising :shock:

Darren

Hi guys, my first post here but just wanted to finally join to give you a big thumbs up for all your work and reviews. I've enjoyed all of them and it's fun to see the show and your presenting skills grow. Also like the fact that you are not Die-Hard simrace fanatics who can only enjoy the die-hard games, but also the more "arcadish" games like Dirt 2. I consider myself as that mixture of gaming aswell, aslong as i can use my steering wheel and the game is fun, i don't mind if it's considered arcade-ish :) My racing "roots" lie in Gran Turismo, after which i have switched for nearly 6 years towards Simbin games, but i still can't wait for the new GT or even Forza 3. So look forward to your review on Forza.

About the episode, loved shaun's enthusiasm about Dirt 2, i share it aswell, the game just hit a perfect sweetspot if you are talking about feel/presentation/fun factor. My G25 doesnt make that much noise though ;) And i like the top simulation cars of all time, great feedback :)

Keep it up!

Welcome Roy ! Great to have you here..

I was messing with Shaun in that show.. I love how enthused he was about it too..

Now to answer Papas question.. We're that excited about Forza 3, especially with the Fanatec wheel.> It's amazing !

Here's one tid bit from our review that should be up tonight..

F3 has the best modeled clutch and transmission that we have tested.. Better than Netkar, iRacing or any other sim for that matter.

Also an F3 car is in Top Sim Cars and scored VERY well !

:D

Hi guys, my first post here but just wanted to finally join to give you a big thumbs up for all your work and reviews. I've enjoyed all of them and it's fun to see the show and your presenting skills grow. Also like the fact that you are not Die-Hard simrace fanatics who can only enjoy the die-hard games, but also the more "arcadish" games like Dirt 2. I consider myself as that mixture of gaming aswell, aslong as i can use my steering wheel and the game is fun, i don't mind if it's considered arcade-ish :) My racing "roots" lie in Gran Turismo, after which i have switched for nearly 6 years towards Simbin games, but i still can't wait for the new GT or even Forza 3. So look forward to your review on Forza.

About the episode, loved shaun's enthusiasm about Dirt 2, i share it aswell, the game just hit a perfect sweetspot if you are talking about feel/presentation/fun factor. My G25 doesnt make that much noise though ;) And i like the top simulation cars of all time, great feedback :)

Keep it up!

Thanks darin

I have to go out with the wife tonight, I will just be watching the minutes tick by waiting and wondering if I am missing 49 :shock: and tell shaun hes a tease he said it was coming yesterday, I have RSI from clicking REFRESH :lol:

First time poster here also! I'm 58 and a sim racer from the days of NASCAR by Papyrus but got SOOOO tired of constant upgrades to make it run properly. I gave up and went console because they always work (well mostly) :D Great review of Forza 3 hats off to you for an in depth honest review by real sim racers. Sure wish I could have gotten an advanced green copy but Oh Well must wait for the 27th :cry: My friends were concerned about the handling after playing the demo thanks for clearing that up a bit. An invitation to check out our little group of racers at http://www.world-racers.com U.K.,Scotland,Canada,France, Australia, And the U.S. are represented. Great racing with friendly supportive adult racing. Stop by if you get a chance. Supporting Race Pro, Dirt2, and of course Forza! Cheers!