Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wheel review

19 posts in this topic

It would be nice to see a full review on the Fanatec GT2 and Thrustmaster. Im not sure of the logic of waiting a month or more after your received them and they are released to the public.. This is technology. A month is a year in this industry.

While I'm complaining let me add, remove the string of numbers and letters you have to enter to sign up. That is the most irritating thing around on the Internet these days. Some sites you have to be a military code cracker to get those numbers correct.

Uscbryan,

Please be patient with things such as new wheels/pedals. There are many things that can happen in the first month that change the quality of the wheel such as updates and patches that fix bugs and heighten quality performance. Furthermore, when dealing with such precise equipment, one must adjust to the product and maximize its potential before reviewing it. You cannot use a wheel for 1 hour and give an in-depth review or even comparison.

Lastly, a month is not a year in this industry... my turtle beach px21 headset has been in my possession for over 6 months and there is nothing that comes even close to it in terms of bang for the buck in the near future.

P.S. I agree with you on that code.. I personally found it much harder than others I've used.

Well as for the code I'll assume you never had to manage a forum of any large size. The amount of (bad)robots that would register and than spam the mod panel would take time away from other things. You can think of it as protection for you. Even with the code some bots are able to crack it, but it does keep the majority of them out of the boards. Which helps us keep a clean board. :)

Uscbryan,

I agree, a battle of the new wheels GT2 and T500RS is what we need. I would like to see a fair fight, so the Thrustmaster will need a stick and clutch. Going to be a few months for Thrustmaster to finish. The really bad news is we can't even buy the GT2 until May in the US.

Slacker

It would be nice to see a full review on the Fanatec GT2 and Thrustmaster. Im not sure of the logic of waiting a month or more after your received them and they are released to the public.. This is technology. A month is a year in this industry.

While I'm complaining let me add, remove the string of numbers and letters you have to enter to sign up. That is the most irritating thing around on the Internet these days. Some sites you have to be a military code cracker to get those numbers correct.

You're contradicting yourself.. You want a full review, but you want it NOW ! Should we just turn a few laps and call it a day.. Or try it with as many different configurations as possible ?

We only have one of each of those wheels, and one of them can run with only one game.. The GT2 is being reviewed as I write this. Shaun is driving GT5 right this moment.. I drove it all day yesterday.. Now I want to run some FM3 with it, iRacing, F1 2010 and maybe some rFactor or Richard Burns Rally..

We're going to stick to the in depth, full reviews versus taking the route that the other media outlets take.. Check it out for a few hours and rate it to be the first out there..

Thanks for the post and for watching

I think im gonna buy the t500rs...Too, with only a First Look From Darin...Not 100% Convinced by Pedals...but I like The Wheel a lot...I have a Fanatec Turbo S & CS...And was Thinking to get the GT2 Or GT3RS as Second Wheel...but think that there will not be a big difference !!! So i rather going for a new Expirience with the t500rs ..cant wait checkin this Baby out ...!!! Right Darin ?! :P

We're going to stick to the in depth, full reviews versus taking the route that the other media outlets take.. Check it out for a few hours and rate it to be the first out there..

Good for you Darin and all at SRT! And please keep it up, take as long as it needs to try out everything and give a full well rounded review.

My Fanatec 911 Turbo S review took 12 episodes and about 100 hours of my own time to give as full a review as possible. I know you guys can't run to that sort of timescale but the reviews you all do are all worth the wait and the only reviews I have found to be worth paying attention to (apart from my own LOL)

I've had a GT2 since a week before Christmas and have only scratched the surface with it myself, especially with the behemoth that is GT5 to get my head around as well. But I'll be getting a review of my own out in the next week or so.

PS

(Have you tried out my concerns with the lack of rumble in GT5 with a GT2 yet?)

viewtopic.php?f=131&t=2923

I'd say things are just about right. I liked the T500RS unboxing video and "introduction" to get a look at the wheel, and then later we get a full enthusiasts review to follow later on. Plus, you know that after a review people will ask "how was it with Dirt 2?" "how was it with RBR?" "how as it with iRacing?" etc etc.

These guys know what we want since they know what they'd want. LOL

Leave the captcha stuff on and cranked up! It's true bots and bored troublemakers will still get on, and can make a lot of trouble for the board---and the users too. Best kept to a minimum. An ounce of prevention is worth 2 days of downtime to try to cure. :geek:

I'm chomping at the bit, I ordered both these wheels, but by the look of things it might be a while yet before we see them. We have 5 computers, 2 PS3's and 2 Xboxes in the household. I too would like to wait for an in depth review.

Excellent site BTW and glad to be part of it.

Im finding the T500RS pedals are much better positioned than the Fanatec CSP.

I upgraded my pedal plates to Sparco as well and their is approx 70mm distance between pedals while on the CSP it's only about 1/2 that.

2Uybel.jpg

UQ8rsl.jpg

QJLbhl.jpg

Also who's to say their isn't a "Upgrade Kit" planned for the T500RS as each of the pedals could accept an adapter like the brake pedal already has. Why did TM ensure ALL pedal mounts have the appropriate fitting holes, eh.Would of liked to of seen more info in the review regards this wheel and how it improves GT5 both in entertainment value and increased immersion. Seemed a bit too focused on PCs.

Additionally it would of been nice to have got official comment from TM on why the issue of no FFB with older PS3 games and if that will be patched in a later firmware or isn't possible.

This to me should of at least of been put to them as it is important for some and why when referring to the shifter saying "if" one will appear was misleading instead of "when" it is due to appear.

Im finding the T500RS pedals are much better positioned than the Fanatec CSP.

I upgraded my pedal plates to Sparco as well and their is approx 70mm distance between pedals while on the CSP it's only about 1/2 that.

Also who's to say their isn't a "Upgrade Kit" planned for the T500RS as each of the pedals could accept an adapter like the brake pedal already has. Why did TM ensure ALL pedal mounts have the appropriate fitting holes, eh.Would of liked to of seen more info in the review regards this wheel and how it improves GT5 both in entertainment value and increased immersion. Seemed a bit too focused on PCs.

Additionally it would of been nice to have got official comment from TM on why the issue of no FFB with older PS3 games and if that will be patched in a later firmware or isn't possible.

This to me should of at least of been put to them as it is important for some and why when referring to the shifter saying "if" one will appear was misleading instead of "when" it is due to appear.

The shifter will be coming.. Not sure when..

Cool pedals Crafty !

In regards to how it will increase GT5s entertainment value and immersion.. Yes it does and we will mention it in part 2 of our GT5 review. We were long on this show and probably focused mainly on the PC because since the driver came out, thats all we've run it on.. hehe..

GT5 is a great title, but that wheel is best used on the PC at this point and we feel is geared more for the hardcore PC sim racer, not Gran Turismo 5 owners.. Yes it's an official GT5 wheel, but for me it's an official PC racer ;)

I've had a GT2 since a week before Christmas and have only scratched the surface with it myself, especially with the behemoth that is GT5 to get my head around as well. But I'll be getting a review of my own out in the next week or so.

LOLOLOLOLOL NOTICE SOMETHING HERE :?::?::?::?::?::?: