Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB Heusinkveld Ultimate Pedals

36 posts in this topic

Cheers for explaining this, mate.

If it's the PRX you'd be the perfect candidate to get us a nice long term review which could include wear and maintenance as well...what do you think? :)

I watched that video you linked further up. Just a thought...and of course I can be completely off here...but as sexy and light these pedals look like I'd have concerns that a load on the brake of >100kg could cause damage to the pedal arm.

I believe the Ultimate's brake pedal arm would cope with 400kg easily. Having concerns that 130kg may be an issue with the PRX brake says something if you know what I mean.

Don't wanna talk something down...just say what I think. Logic says my concerns are unfounded just because you'd think that they have been tested. If he specs them to a max load of 130kg the pedal arm should easily cope with 200kg imo. A 50% safety margin seems to be reasonable I'd say. Whatever, again, I'm probably wrong.

To me having the pedals attached to each other is needless.

My accelerator pedal is set back. I want to put the pedals on 80/20's which are mounted on an aluminium plate and all that is on seat rails, the clutch and brake together and the accelerator separately.

I like that you can tilt the whole unit and would think that's an advantage

Yo thirsty what's up mang. For sure, if I end up getting a pair I would do a lengthy review. I would also be the first person to toss a set pedals on the sell page if they weren't working for me.

I do notice what you mean about the pedals. They apparently offer a 'prx se' with beefier arms to ensure you can tune up the brake force without flexion or any compromise. More on this below.

The guides would be useful if you were mounting upside down, fairly straight for example if you were running an f2000 car in championship class. It really depends what the end user has in mind I suppose. A pre drilled base plate would offer essentially the same thing so a moot point as mentioned above.

The prx looks like they can be adjusted more forward, which would be a plus for someone who wants to mount gt style without adding tilt to the pedal base of his rig.

As far as brake force on the prx se, I straight up asked him, what's the max brake force? Which durometer bushings are used ?

His response was that he doesn't divulge the information because of competitors potentially copying. This made my eyebrow twitch and didn't like that answer, but then he went on to say if I switched the bushings out for anything higher there would be no issue and the pedals would work fine, he went so far as to say you put a full aluminum bushing in there..of course the pedal won't move but you'd have pressure without pedal flex. He was quite confident in my proposed swap but said it likely won't be needed. So, I guess depends on how you look at that, if I'm positive that's a good enough answer. If I'm negative he lost a sale...just say the max brake force FFS haha.

When oqvist mentioned the max spec on the heusinkveld, it's like, come on dog......even if I could hypothetically modify the pedals at home to exceed the he ultimate........just be up front about the specs!, 1200 beans is a lot of money. Then again I was very specific as to which cars I would be testing and he said it would be 100% fine and cited other drivers in the same cars using his pedals.

At this point it's a toss up.

You can just put something under the back feets of the HE to tilt hem forward as much as you would like. the foot rests does swivel so you can angle them just like you want pretty much. You are a bit more limited on the Ultimates then the pros as they use holes for the brake pedal toi increase rigidity. But just compensate with the height of what you put under. 

Yo thirsty what's up mang. For sure, if I end up getting a pair I would do a lengthy review. I would also be the first person to toss a set pedals on the sell page if they weren't working for me.

I do notice what you mean about the pedals. They apparently offer a 'prx se' with beefier arms to ensure you can tune up the brake force without flexion or any compromise. More on this below.

The guides would be useful if you were mounting upside down, fairly straight for example if you were running an f2000 car in championship class. It really depends what the end user has in mind I suppose. A pre drilled base plate would offer essentially the same thing so a moot point as mentioned above.

The prx looks like they can be adjusted more forward, which would be a plus for someone who wants to mount gt style without adding tilt to the pedal base of his rig.

As far as brake force on the prx se, I straight up asked him, what's the max brake force? Which durometer bushings are used ?

His response was that he doesn't divulge the information because of competitors potentially copying. This made my eyebrow twitch and didn't like that answer, but then he went on to say if I switched the bushings out for anything higher there would be no issue and the pedals would work fine, he went so far as to say you put a full aluminum bushing in there..of course the pedal won't move but you'd have pressure without pedal flex. He was quite confident in my proposed swap but said it likely won't be needed. So, I guess depends on how you look at that, if I'm positive that's a good enough answer. If I'm negative he lost a sale...just say the max brake force FFS haha.

When oqvist mentioned the max spec on the heusinkveld, it's like, come on dog......even if I could hypothetically modify the pedals at home to exceed the he ultimate........just be up front about the specs!, 1200 beans is a lot of money. Then again I was very specific as to which cars I would be testing and he said it would be 100% fine and cited other drivers in the same cars using his pedals.

At this point it's a toss up.

Ok, it will have to be the PRX-se then. So my gut feeling about this wasn't too far off...or actually right  :)

Not providing full specs is a bit strange. I think Niels is a mechanical engineer. He'll have most likely properly calc'd them. That's what I call professional and high-end...not just applying trial and error method.

So Mark thinks if he said his brake has a max load of x kg another sim gear manufacturer would build a brake pedal spec'd the same or maybe (x+y)kg?...huh, don't get it mate.

I tell you what...he doesn't know himself ;)

That's kids' stuff...anyway...don't get me wrong, they look awesome and I believe they'll be performing absolutely great...so you gotta buy them and get us a review after using them for let's say a year or so...he, he  ;)

Cheers

Yesterday I was converting all my components to Canadian dollars after import taxes and brokerages.

The HPP prx-se would actually be a few bucks more expensive after conversion and taxes (shipping might make the he uktimates more expensive by a few bucks)

Since there's no significant cost savings....and a significant wait time......and because he did not actually give me the hard numbers I aske..........of logic is to prevail you would wait for the ultimates of known rating.

If Barry Rowland gets his test set before the he ultimates get back in stock, and confirms that they've got an edge like my gut seemed to tell me...I will go that route.

If not, logic says go with the known rating pedals, and wouldn't be difficult at all to sell them if I really wanted the prx se to try

Hey Andrew, yes I have watched and read those reviews, they seem quite good. Prx se will have beefier pedal arms than this set and the new prx it seems so they may very well be better than the he ultimates.

But we won't actually know that until someone like Barry posts his findings. If it comes out before the he's are in stock and it turns out these are the dogs Dangly bits, I'm all for it, until then unless Mark invests in measuring the max brake force or divulges his durometer ratings, the he's logically would be a number one choice for a driver using his pedals for training in my humble opinion.

If budget allows of course.

But I will say he is a Class act..speaks very highly of his competitor, he wasn't being coy at all, I hope now one read my comments and thought this was the picture I tried to paint, , he tried his best to help me out, but when an outfit asks for premium ticky for a component....you gotta expect that people need the hard facts.

And thirsty your right, I recall he said he doesn't have the tools to measure.....so correct you are, he doesn't actually know the brake force. He was very upfront about that,wasn't trying to be deceptive whatsoever.

Yeah, the Ultimates are a very safe bet. People don't sell them, but there were a few selling HPP's changing to HE.

Hope Barry will come up with his review quick enough so you can consider that when making your decision.