T3PA (non-Pro) load cell mod
15 15

131 posts in this topic

so how do you get on the list to purchase on of these, I've put a request on your website to get an email when you have some, if there is anything else I need to do please let me know.

sounds like it will be a good addition.

Thank you Nick C.

If you contacted me via the Website, you'll be receiving a notice the next time I restock (should be soon).  I'll also try to PM you here if possible, too.

On 2/10/2016 at 11:22 AM, nodicaL said:

Hey John,

Made an account here to ask this question.

Any idea when you'll have more of these in stock?

Would love to get one!

Thanks!

Just spent the entire evening assembling a batch of interface boards -- tomorrow I hope to spend the evening assembling BLC-T3PA Load Cell mods.  :cool:

Have any of these actually been sold? I've been refreshing the page at least 3 times a day for at least 3 weeks now and never seen anything other than 0 in stock.

(This was not meant as a complaint, just wondering if I need to move the refresh rate up to 5+ times a day to get one or if they have not actually been released yet!)

Edited by troyguitar

I am pleased to announce that a limited number of BLC-T3PA Load Cell Mods are now in stock on the Bodin Solutions Website and available for immediate purchase.  More to follow, so if you miss out on this batch, there should be more available in a fairly short amount of time. 

:)

16 hours ago, Apofis said:

Hi, John, is there any kind of confirmation besides paypal's email? I'm not sure if my order was completed since paypal didn't redirect me to your website after the purchase

Yes, every purchaser should receive payment confirmation from PayPal.  ;)

And . . . another batch sold out.  :)

I have a few more units on my workbench, should get those assembled over the weekend, which will mean a few more units available for purchase within a few days, so if you missed this round, you'll get another chance soon.

After having run Mr Bodin's load cell brake mod now for a couple of weeks, once broken in, it is fantastic. I have been using it in both Xbox Project Cars and PC iRacing, and the brake control and pressure feel is so much better than the standard rubber bung mod for these pedals.

Only one thing I would like is slightly more brake travel. Looking at the setup, I was wondering if it could be moved lower down the brake pedal, so the rubber cushion sits lower, as I figure this would give longer travel for the same pressure and giving finer control over the longer travel. Looks like it might be possible by either moving the whole steel load cell lower on the bracket, or moving the rubber stopper to the lower hole on the load cell?  Would only need to move a few mm I think. The electronic box looks like it is glued to the frame, so not sure if will be simple to adjust it yet.  What do you think John.

Otherwise, absolutely fantastic mod and fix for the stock T3PA pedals.

Any info when these will be in stock again, signed up at Bodin Solutions for an email notification when they were in stock a month ago but I didn't get one? :-(

Should have more in stock within a couple of weeks, tops, and you SHOULD have received notification from the Website when they came available.  I'll have to check on that -- sorry!

Should have more in stock within a couple of weeks, tops, and you SHOULD have received notification from the Website when they came available.  I'll have to check on that -- sorry!

Thanks, I'll sign up again for an email notification at your site just incase. 

Hi John, made an adjustment to your load cell mod which has given a longer travel for the brake pedal and more progressive feel over the longer travel.

I unscrewed the rubber cushion from the top mounting hole and screwed it in to the bottom mounting hole to move it lower down and give the brake bedal more travel for the same movement to the load cell. With the extra leverage the load cell was now just touching the bracket on full compression and there was a slight gap between the pedal and the rubber cushion. I fixed this by removing one washer from the very top mount of the the load cell onto the bracket (3 at the top mount, 4 on the bottom mount). Now the pedal has more travel, spreads the load cell movement over a longer area and is easier to modulate brake pressure.

The brake pedal feels near perfect now!!

Just signed up because of John's Mod (or my lack of it).

I have not received a notice when the Batch in February became available. So I signed up again to the notification thing and...

have not received a notice on the latest batch. :(

Gets a bit old. What to do now?

3 hours ago, hux0 said:

Just signed up because of John's Mod (or my lack of it).

I have not received a notice when the Batch in February became available. So I signed up again to the notification thing and...

have not received a notice on the latest batch. :(

Gets a bit old. What to do now?

I try to send out notifications to everyone who requests to be notified, but things do fall between the cracks, unfortunately -- drop me a PM and I'll make sure you get notified for the next batch. 

On 4/17/2016 at 10:02 PM, STEELJOCKEY said:

Hi John, made an adjustment to your load cell mod which has given a longer travel for the brake pedal and more progressive feel over the longer travel.

I unscrewed the rubber cushion from the top mounting hole and screwed it in to the bottom mounting hole to move it lower down and give the brake bedal more travel for the same movement to the load cell. With the extra leverage the load cell was now just touching the bracket on full compression and there was a slight gap between the pedal and the rubber cushion. I fixed this by removing one washer from the very top mount of the the load cell onto the bracket (3 at the top mount, 4 on the bottom mount). Now the pedal has more travel, spreads the load cell movement over a longer area and is easier to modulate brake pressure.

The brake pedal feels near perfect now!!

Thanks for the update -- I may have to give this a try myself.  Sounds like an easy way to get a better overall feel!  :)

No worries John. I was finding the very short throw was making it difficult to control trail braking. By moving the cushion to the lower mount gives a much longer throw, but the load cell then hits the bracket as it is now easier to push the pedal down further too-makes the pedal feel a bit softer. In the lower position there is a very small gap that can be taken up by changing the number of washers at the top mount point, reducing the number helps to tilt out the bottom of the load cell having 2 effects- taking up the slack against the pedal and giving more room for the load cell to move before hitting the bracket.

For those interested, this is a very simple 5 minute mod. Unclip data cords, unbolt the big bolt holding the load cell bracket onto the main mounting bracket, unscrew rubber cushion from top mount, screw in to bottom mount, remove one washer from top screw holding the load cell to the bracket leaving 3 for top mount, 4 for bottom mount, rescrew load cell bracket onto main bracket, reclip in data cords. Recalibrate pedals.