T3PA (non-Pro) load cell mod
15 15

131 posts in this topic

Fairly productive evening -- almost done with my current batch of T500 / T3PA-Pro load cell mods, and once I get a few more of those built up to replenish stock, I'll start on the first run of T3PA load cells.  Target is to have both batches done by this weekend, and tonight's progress helped move things along nicely!

8-)

Not a very productive Saturday, and today's not looking much better -- needed to get the TV hung over the fireplace in our family room, got most of it done yesterday:  The TV is on the wall, the wiring/cabling is mostly done, but the fireplace mantle and surround is now sitting in our foyer.

:?

Should get the wiring/cabling done today, and getting the fireplace mantle and surround back in-place shouldn't be too much work, but there's not been much load cell assembly/testing going on for the past couple of days

First world problems, I suppose.  ;)

1 hour ago, STEELJOCKEY said:

I noticed this mod is now on your website but is sold out already? Or this that just a place holder until you finish them off and make available for sale?

Sharp eyes!  That's just a placeholder for the moment -- should have stock ready to purchase sometime this week.  :)

FWIW, the load cell pictured on the Website was assembled and tested today, so they're getting MUCH closer.  8-)

Edited by jbodin

Guys, just got mine in the mail yesterday and I have to say this is how the pedals should have come from the factory! Yes it is that good. Might I say, this is the best brake mod I have done on any pedal setup. I've done the Nixim mod the G27 pedal set and this is much better IMHO. It feels intuitive and natural. It definitely beats the pants off the stock factory rubber conical mod. The feel is exactly like a production car without ABS. Just the right amount of pedal pressure to get the desired result.

Here is a warning for you guys. Please do not mod the load cell. John has designed it a certain way and it is meant to be installed the way it is described in the manual he supplies. Stupidly I thought there was a support screw missing on the bottom of the load cell, since there were 2 screws and washers installed on the top of the load cell and none on the bottom. And not knowing how a load cells work, I installed a rubber washer in the bottom to support the load cell. This made the brakes too stiff as the load cell couldn't flex. Then I read up on how load cells work and took off the washer and the difference was huge.

A huge thanks to John for helping get this mod sent to me early due to the competitiveness of my weekly league and my constant pestering. Now I'm not getting out braked by the competition anymore. I can't wait for the rest of you guys to get your hands on this, its worth every penny IMHO.

John, thanks for supporting the community!

DaWorstPlaya was originally to be a beta tester, but he missed out on that round, so I fixed him up with an early retail unit as a consolation prize.  ;)

If any of you forum regulars do miss out when the first batch goes up for sale, drop me a PM directly and I'll specifically reserve one from the second production batch for you -- need to make sure that my ISR peeps are well taken care of! 

:)

Edited by jbodin

Sorry guys, I should've been a little more specific with my use of the word "pestering". John is correct, I missed out on the beta test but was promised a early production version, which I'm basically testing, reviewing and providing feedback on. We've figured out a few things to make this even better for the end user. I'm sure you guys are going to get your hands on it soon and will love it.

Should be posting more units for sale this week -- they're selling out as soon as I post stock on the site, even before I have time to put out notices that they're back in-stock.

The production/testing effort is getting smoother and quicker on my end, so I should be cranking out more on a more regular basis, so the wait shouldn't be too long.

so how do you get on the list to purchase on of these, I've put a request on your website to get an email when you have some, if there is anything else I need to do please let me know.

sounds like it will be a good addition.

Thank you Nick C.