T3PA (non-Pro) load cell mod
15 15

131 posts in this topic

I got John's load cell to test on Tuesday and managed to get a few hours with it on Wednesday night. Spent pretty much the entire time on F1 2015 on xbox one and the difference is amazing! First of all the installation is a breeze. It installs pretty much the same way the conical brake mod installs. You use the same bracket so its a 5 minute job. The standard conical rubber brake mod was horrible with f1 2015 in particular as I could never get the pedals calibrated properly with it. It seemed to calibrate differently every time I played the game. This load cell mod doesn't suffer this inconsistency when the game gets restarted . My consistency in braking after half an hour getting used to it was impressive. It is much easier to feel where the limit is with the brakes so it was much easier hitting apexes which in turn made it easy to get into a rhythm lap after lap The way this mod works I would say it gives more feel than the Clubsport v1 pedals I used previously which is incredible considering we are talking about a $100 set of pedals!

So far I have been really impressed. I intend to get some time with Project Cars on PC over the weekend so I will post some feedback on how I get on with that next week.

Your online line store says everything is sold out and my clubs sports have been giving me issues is love to replace then rather spend the money on those pedals and the load cell than 300 on the fanatec

The BLC-T3PA Load Cell Mod hasn't actually been released yet, Allen -- waiting to hear feedback from Darin and John at ISRTV before I go into full production, but I'm 99.99% sure that the final version will be identical to my production prototypes that Vman100, Bundy06, and my other testers are currently shaking-down.

Hope to have these available by the end of the month, FWIW, and I'm also working on a new batch of BLC-T500 Load Cell Mods for the T500/T3PA-Pro pedals:

BLCT500-NewBuildNov2015_zpsn3w2vzcy.jpg

I got some time last night to get a couple of hours on Project Cars on PC with John's non pro load cell. I will say first that I have never really managed to get into project cars. I don't know why I just can't get into it. I spent most of my time last night doing time trials in a variety of cars around Barcelona, spa and Road America. Straight away the consistency is the biggest improvement with this load cell. You just feel so much more in control under braking. I always felt with the conical rubber mod I was bashing the brake pedal as hard as possible and you never knew how much you would actually brake but with the load cell mod it's super smooth. This is especially noticeable when you just need a little braking to make an apex. I found with the standard mod it was very difficult to judge. More often than not I would not brake enough because I couldn't bring myself to stomp on the rubber mod because I didn't want to brake hard!

As you can tell I am super impressed with this load cell mod. It really does put these pedals in the same category as a set of CSP (even slightly better for feel in my opinion) for much less $$! John also uses a much more durable load cell in his units so there should be less issues with this than a set of CSP which seem to wear out easily with regular use. Also because this mod uses the original conical rubber mod bracket there really is no more force/ wear and tear being inflicted on the pedal set than what you see from normal use with the rubber mod.

On Sun Nov 15 2015 09:32:24 GMT-0500, jbodin said:

FWIW, and I'm also working on a new batch of BLC-T500 Load Cell Mods for the T500/T3PA-Pro pedals.

Will you also be getting a new batch of bmw center caps for the t500 wheel?

Based on the feedback I've received from other testers, I think I'm going to lock in the design as-is, so the production prototype that Darin and John have will actually represent the final retail product.

I believe Darin and John are planning to have the review ready to post next week (after Thanksgiving).

1 hour ago, timson72 said:

What we looking at price wise mate?

$99.50 US, plus shipping -- so quite a bit less than it's "big brother" the BLC-T500 Load Cell Mod (which is compatible with the pricier T500RS and T3PA-Pro pedals). 

40 minutes ago, jbodin said:

$99.50 US, plus shipping -- so quite a bit less than it's "big brother" the BLC-T500 Load Cell Mod (which is compatible with the pricier T500RS and T3PA-Pro pedals). 

Nice one,thanks

On 9/14/2015, 11:58:07, jbodin said:

I have 5 special "lightweight" 15kg versions available for immediate shipment (the "standard" BLC-T500 Load Cell Mod has a 35kg load cell; I ended up with a shipment of 15kg load cells by accident and couldn't return them, so I decided to do a special limited run of the "lightweight" 15kg units).

These are ideal for people who DON'T have their pedals permanently mounted, or for people who want/need a lighter pedal touch.  The 15kg unit is still plenty stout, but it requires less "oomph" to get full-scale deflection, while still leaving you plenty of latitude to modulate the full range of brake input by varying the amount of pressure applied.

If you're interested in one of these, let me know.

B)

Hi John,

This sounds like it might be suitable for me if you still have them.

Im currently running T300RS with g27 pedals going straight into the PC USB but have no room for a rig hence sit in an office chair with wheels on carpet.

I can press the G27 brake all the way down without the chair moving but sense any more pressure than that would mean I would move around meaning its a pointless exercise.

Would the 15kg units be much heavier than G27 unmodded brake ?

If its about the same how much please for the whole kit + shipping to the UK ?

Thanks !

VMan I laugh at your comments about this load cell mod because we sound so much alike on our thoughts of this load cell.  I literally am like a kid in a candy store about how much better I like the pedals than before.  I read my post and it sounds like I am going overboard in what I say, but I truly am excited about the load cell!!  Great product!

There is a possibility that this could be adapted to make a "lightweight" T500/T3PA-Pro load cell mod, but I need to get caught-up with my current production before I start investigating any additional new/revised products! 

:?

The problem I have is that there are only so many days in the week, and lots of OTHER things that need to be done. 

Case in point:  Had Tuesday's schedule cleared to just build up load cell mods, but . . . discovered that the cabinet under the kitchen sink was literally flooded with enough standing water that it took a couple of towels just to get things dry enough for me to find out what the problem was.  Turned out to be a bad coupler between the garbage disposal and the main drain line, so no broken pipes, thankfully, but it still required a trip to the hardware store, some manual labor, and a lot of clean-up afterwards (myself included).  Cabinet was fine, and no water had leaked into the basement below yet, so I apparently caught it in time and thankfully the problem was resolved before any OTHER damage could occur.

As a result, though, I only ended up with enough free time to take care of a couple of small assembly tasks on the load cells.  Time flies -- and not always in a good way.  :(

So, trust me, I'm working as fast as humanly possible, as long as life doesn't get in the way.

;)

Edited by jbodin