Console Compatible Thrustmaster Button Plates w/Arduino T500/TX/T300
10 10

70 posts in this topic

I found my old beta sketch, here you are. 

tx_rw_ferrari_F1wheel_emu_Analog_D-pad_beta.ino

Are you familiary with arduino, if yes I would help you. 

But I am sure doesn't worth it. Because:

Tx_F1_XB.png

There are many button, but you can use 12 different function. Nothing different when you use Tara's base code. 

Somewhere I have a sample code for rotary encoder programmed clockwise and anticlockwise "view" and "menu". 

But you can write a better one :-)

Steve

The f1 rim has more than 12 functions and since I am not an arduino expert I was looking for someone who had already emulated this steering wheel but if nobody has still thought about it there will be a reason.

1 hour ago, Gianluca76 said:

The f1 rim has more than 12 functions and since I am not an arduino expert I was looking for someone who had already emulated this steering wheel but if nobody has still thought about it there will be a reason.

Those "more" functions are posible only in PC mode - it is called advanced mode. On a consoles you have 12 functions and you can link as much as you like buttons for those 12 functions, but they will be 12.

48 minutes ago, Gianluca76 said:

Do You mean that one output can correspond plus than one function?  Or I don't understand what you want say....

I just say those extra functions on F1 rim are available on PC ONLY, because there the wheel corespond with the PC drivers and finaly to say again on a console the regular Taras file is equal to any other.

Sorry but I’m not agree. I use all the functions with console too. Not only with PC. 

We simply speak for different functions... anyway you asked for 1 file VSteve gaved to you this one;) So, Good luck with the F1 mod and please share with us the progres!;)

I understand that I can use only 12 functions but nobody managed to explain the reason. I don't want to insist, if nobody has done it yet it is clear that it can not be done, I want to understand why. Why can only use 12 functions? what is the limit?

The limitation comes from the consoles - they are not a PC. On a consoles you have the keys from the console controller + its analog inputs, which are used on a the wheel steering,gas,brake,clutch. Ofcourse if the devs wanted they can add the TM F1 rim full functions, but they didn`t do that. So, on the rotaries and other switches etc you will have duplicated buttons from the console - for example you have at least 2 or 3 buttons "A" etc, because F1 rim have tons of buttons and rotaries, but only 12 posibilities for buttons. One of the biggest reasons people to change consoles to PC racing is this limitation for everything!;)

I probably didn’t explain my goal well, because of my bad English. Taras has managed to emulate t300 rim with arduino, what good is it for me? any person can use a custom steering wheel and have it recognized to the console just as if it were a t300. Obviously if the t300 has 8 functions (I don’t remember how many it has) on the custom steering wheel I will have the usual 8 functions. The usual reasoning I would like to apply it to the steering wheel f1 because it has, for example, rotary encoders. So if the steering wheel f1 has "n" functions recognized by the console I don’t see what the limit of the console that prevents me to emulate the steering wheel of the F1. I do not want to add features beyond those that already has, I want to use all those that has and that the console recognizes. Arduino nano does not have all the inputs to manage all the steering wheel functions from f1 so you need to use a mega arduino or matrix links.

5b1eeeb7c74b3_f1tm.thumb.jpg.98a159c36a274a241646418912863c86.jpg

This is form official TM page. Check this picture - on the right on PC mode called advanced you have different functions of every button,rotary etc... on the left is shown console PS3 mode ( for other consoles is the same ) and as you see you have only buttons from the usual constroller and same buttons you have in the Taras scatch file. In other words if I use Taras file and make DIY F1 wheel and you use F1 file and do DIY wheel - on a console the result will be the same - the only difference will be which buttons where to place on mine and yours wheel. Now I hope you got me with that picture:)

Now it's all clear. I didn't know that using the rotary in the PS3 configuration corresponded to using the d-pad. This was the reason for the misunderstanding. I didn't realize that in the console mode some functions were duplicated. Thank you for explanation. Now I understood.....better late than never :-)

Now it's all clear. I didn't know that using the rotary in the PS3 configuration corresponded to using the d-pad. This was the reason for the misunderstanding. I didn't realize that in the console mode some functions were duplicated. Thank you for explanation. Now I understood.....better late than never :-)

Great!:) Btw, what kind of F1 rim you are doing?Can you show the idea?

This is made for PC, It has a USB cable to connect display and electronics to PC. I'd like make something similar for console and I would like use the TM internal connector but I don't know how to connect the display. Maybe with wifi display (serial to wifi)? 

IMG_20180117_181756.jpg

Been thinking about this sketch - I wonder would it be of any use for an external (dash mounted) button box or connection point for a sequential shifter ? 

Are the pin-outs for the wheels the same as the DIN socket on the back of the wheelbase ?  I know if you plug in the TH8 shifter it maps to the same functions as the paddles, just wondering if a wheel would work if it was plugged into the rear DIN ?  If so,  this Ard sketch would do the same thing and would open up a whole load of possibilities for console racers !

2 hours ago, manxracer said:

Been thinking about this sketch - I wonder would it be of any use for an external (dash mounted) button box or connection point for a sequential shifter ? 

Are the pin-outs for the wheels the same as the DIN socket on the back of the wheelbase ?  I know if you plug in the TH8 shifter it maps to the same functions as the paddles, just wondering if a wheel would work if it was plugged into the rear DIN ?  If so,  this Ard sketch would do the same thing and would open up a whole load of possibilities for console racers !

You need a scatch replicates TH8RS/TH8A to use the input for shifter. I saw someone did tests to replicate it.

On 10/18/2018 at 2:06 PM, manxracer said:

The 2 din connector (wheel, shifter port) on wheelbase aren't compatible. Wheel connector has a similar to SPI port, shifter has a similar to I2C port. 

Console racers has a many options for shifting without TH8A, but they can't connect more buttonboxes to the shifter port yet. 

15 hours ago, VSteve said:

The 2 din connector (wheel, shifter port) on wheelbase aren't compatible. Wheel connector has a similar to SPI port, shifter has a similar to I2C port. 

Console racers has a many options for shifting without TH8A, but they can't connect more buttonboxes to the shifter port yet. 

Thanks VSteve,

Not the answer I hoped for, but, it answered my question ! 

I currently use a button box made using an Arduino UNO with keyboard encoder sketch installed, which is perfect for PCars, but, other sims I use don't have keyboard compatibility, anyone recommend a suitable gamepad sketch for arduino so I can make another for the sims that don't see keyboard ?

2 hours ago, manxracer said:

Thanks VSteve,

Not the answer I hoped for, but, it answered my question ! 

I currently use a button box made using an Arduino UNO with keyboard encoder sketch installed, which is perfect for PCars, but, other sims I use don't have keyboard compatibility, anyone recommend a suitable gamepad sketch for arduino so I can make another for the sims that don't see keyboard ?

Not every sim supports second controler connected...PCARS is the only one that accept keyboard as you said. Another thing is that modern consoles need controler verification from real controler - this makes things alot complicated. Nothing is impossible ofcourse!:) And btw why to replicate same buttons from the rim to button box? Only PCARS 1 and 2 have buttons to edit more than the buttons on the rim.

Hi. Has anyone tried to get T-GT bit-mapping? I'm planning to make custom GT-wheel on 3D printer and think that some encoders would be great.