Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accuforce First Look and Impressions

15 posts in this topic

Thanks for the review Darin...very informative as usual. Is the standard Momo Mod 30 wheel too large or would a smaller diameter wheel be better, or is it just individual preference? The list of wheels compatible with the OEM button box is interesting but I like the Momo's best. No longer on the fence about the Accuforce.

Thanks for the review Darin...very informative as usual. Is the standard Momo Mod 30 wheel too large or would a smaller diameter wheel be better, or is it just individual preference? The list of wheels compatible with the OEM button box is interesting but I like the Momo's best. No longer on the fence about the Accuforce.

It's up to you in regards to wheel size. I like to swap out depending on the car I'm driving. I feel that a 350 MM rim would work with the OEM paddles if it's not a deep dish. 280-320 is probably optimum though. 

Anyone have 1st hand knowledge how long the lead time is now for the AF wheel? I'm guessing they are at least 3-4 months out. I noticed they are in the process of expanding their production facilities.

I'm no Darin G. ( :cool: ) but, Dirt Rally works great with the AF IMO. I'm using the SC4 FFB and am getting great detail with plenty of room to increase the intensity if wanted. In RX mode, I get very good feedback in regard to grip and tire contact with the surface. Landings over jumps can be clearly felt with good directional feedback on contact. I also get great feel for the different surface characteristics, dirt vs' pavement/tarmac making it easier to adjust the steering angle when needed. Slides are easier to catch and hold in the hairpins for me and I can feel the front tires pulling as I exit turns in four-wheel drifts. The SAT does an excellent job of making very fast corrections when over-stepping the ideal angle of car rotation; this feels very realistic to me based on some limited AutoCross experience and is a big advantage over lesser wheels.

In PtP Rally, the bumps can be tuned to ridiculous levels if wanted and hitting rocks is definitely something to avoid. Again, the natural SAT at work makes corrections so much easier and less dramatic that I am willing to push a bit harder knowing that I have a better chance for recovery - at least, in many cases.

I spent a little time using DR FFB but, easily prefer SC4 FFB; YMMV. Overall, the immersion using the AF in DR is fantastic. I think anyone using this type of wheel has a significantly better experience of the FFB and physics at work compared to more common wheels; I know it's way more immersive for me compared to using other wheels like the G25 and CSW-V1.