Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reliability

4 posts in this topic

Ok so after going through several fanatec GT2 wheels I'm looking at either a G29 or thrustmaster tx/t300, ideally I'd want a belt driven wheel but I also want a wheel that's going to last. I know the G29 is a rebranded G27 but I hear good things about that wheel when it comes to longevity. I've also seen quite a lot of thrustmaster unreliability issues so I'm a bit stuck. Any advice will be appreciated :)

Hello, my personal oppinion is that in 2 years warranty you can feel protected. G29 looks not so bad and yes G27 in general are solid wheels. One of their weak points even is removed in G29 - optical seonsor become hall effects  sensor.

The biggest con of G29 is the price. For oldskuul gear driven wheel on the same price for belt driven - no way. Belt driven wheels are huge step up from gear driven. Infact you come from belt driven GT2 which is stays up from G27. So going to G29 will be step down for you. Ihave GT2 too and G27 and T300RS. And my choice is T300RS any day. My T300RS is used for public use almost every day and works perfect.

So my advice is T300RS.